open/close all folders
- Abnormal Ammo: The Reapers' new guns fire non-lethal bullets made from compressed psycho-reactive spray-paint.
- Art Attacker: The Reapers' main way to fight, using spray paint to turn themselves into Half-Human Hybrid or by summoning music-themed monsters.
- Art Initiates Life: From spray paint to Noises.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: The higher-ranking Reapers have stronger Power Tattoos.
- Badass Creed: "We will not let our freedom be handed to us. We will reap it ourselves."
- Badass Crew: The Reapers in general are just regular people empowered by the Compser's powers, but damn if they kick ass!
- Underestimating Badassery: Frequently "victims" of it, due to being a band of rebellious non-powered street artists.
- Cool Gun: Thanks to Anarcho, the Reapers get Tinker-upgraded Noise-shooting paint-guns in Sonata 10, with The Composer and her lieutenants getting personalized custom models. Namely, Gangsta gets a Desert Eagle, Psychedelic gets an AK47, Hip and Hop gets twin uzis and the Composer gets the brand new, latest edition P90 Assault Rifle.
- Empowered Badass Normal: With the rare exception of The Composer, Lady Freestyle and the Travelers who joined the Reapers, most of the gang is made of people who were empowered by the Composer.
- Power Tattoo: How it's done.
- Large Ham: OOH. BOY. Being a group of artists and performers of various backgrounds and horizons, the Reapers really know how to ham things up. Gangsta, Synth, Chiptune and the Composer especially stand out.
- Rebellious Spirit: The whole group is this, being people whose sole common point is a beef against society.
- Theme Naming: Every Reaper is named after music.
- Meaningful Name: none of the names are given at random. The Composer is the leader of the Reapers and composes the Noises and Melodies, Southern is a former pig farmer from Texas, Grunge is a no-nonsense PRT officer, Gangsta is a black teenage rebel, Psychedelic has a few screws loose, Synth and Chiptune are D Js and Chicago comes from the place.
- True Companions: the Reapers are this. Even an Endbringer attack won't stop them from supporting their boss.
- Übermensch: One needs only to look at their Badass Creed to know that this is them.
Taylor Hebert/The Composer/AcousticOur favorite Bug Girl, this time having triggered with the powers of The Composer from TWEWY. The founder and - reluctant - leader of the Reapers.
- Asskicking Equals Authority: by virtue of being the most powerful Reaper thanks to Combo Platter Powers and the founder of the movement, she is the de-facto leader of the Reapers.
- "Awesome McCool" Name: The Composer is a pretty sweet name.
- Benevolent Boss: As the Composer, she keeps claiming she's not the boss of the Reapers. They don't tend to listen and treat her as one regardless.
- Classy Cane: spots one during her meeting with Armsmaster at the party.
- Combo Platter Powers: The Composer has this Up to Eleven, even by Worm standards. An incomplete list includes: Super Strength, teleportation, Flight, pyrokinesis, projectiles, enhanced hearing, summoning the Noise and the ability to grant some of those powers to anyone via Power Tattoo. And of course, her Noelle Clone has all the same powers.
- Deadpan Snarker: Has to deal with the mayhem a large group of free-thinking rebels can cause. And that's without the condescending behavior of the other gangs.
- I Am Not Left-Handed: Holds back her abilities to the point that Dinah estimates that Coil has a barely over 5% chance of taking her down if she went all out.
- The Leader: Type 4, Charismatic. She may not want to be the leader, but having founded the movement and being somewhat of a Magnetic Hero, people look up to her regardless.
- Magnetic Hero: To the point that until Tattletale cleared her, she honestly worried that she might be unknowingly Mastering them.
- Super Empowering: The Composer gives Aisha/Gangsta a Cornix Canor tattoo on her back that lets her summon one at will. More generally, the Composer does this for all the Reapers to some extent.
- Super Senses: Has enhanced hearing.
Aisha Laborn/GangstaBrian's little sister and a rising member of the Reapers, whose dedication quickly gets the Composer's attention.
- Animal Motifs: Ravens. Her signature Noise is a Decadraven and the Composer later gives her a Cornix Canor for her loyalty.
- Secret Keeper: For Taylor, about being both Acoustic and the Composer.
- Undying Loyalty: to the Reapers.
Pierce Jackson/Chicago Blue
- The Cracker: Used to be this before leaving to Brockton Bay. He is still very good at it.
- Friendly Sniper: Gains a Noise-firing sniper rifle in Sonata 10.
- Knowledge Broker: Fulfills this role to the Reapers.
- Mr. Exposition: can come across as this.
Chief Engineer Lithe/Grunge
- BFG: While most Reapers get regular Tinker-made guns, he is handed a grenade launcher.
- The Big Guy: The largest, most muscular member of the Reapers.
- Friend on the Force: Is actually a PRT agent along with being a Reaper. He doesn't see a problem to belonging to both groups.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Tries to be this to the Reapers... with very mitigated results.
Hip and Hop
- Brother-Sister Team: Always fight together.
- Half-Identical Twins: Hip is the girl. Hop is the boy.
- Kleptomaniac Hero: Hip and Hop have rather...sticky fingers.
- Thats that! Id say were done here. Gangsta, Chicago, Grunge, South, lets bounce. Hip, Hop, give back the silverware.
- Parental Abuse: Implied, if Hop's comment in Allegro 7 is anything to go by.Hip: "They weren't actively trying to kill us."Hop: "Could have fooled me...
- Sticky Fingers: Have these.
- Street Urchin: Before joining the Reapers. They may still be.
- Trickster Twins: Goes with being a pair of prepubescent pranksters.
Synth and Chiptune
- Buccaneer Broadcaster: They host the Reaper's Review, an illegal broadcast used by the Reapers as entertainment and to pass messages to the group.
- Large Ham: The main providers of hammtastic goodness in the story.
- Mundane Utility: Use their Canor bats to broadcast audio waves.
- Shout-Out: Their introducing the Reaper Review sounds a lot like DJ Professor K from Jet Set Radio Future.
- More Dakka: His Noise-firing AK47.
- Playing with Fire: His teleporting creates a burst of fire.
- Psycho Prototype: Averted. The Composer gave him a can of experimental Noise that messed with his brain, but he is very quiet and very loyal.
- The Stoic
- Teleporters and Transporters
- The Last Dance: His stated reason for joining the Reapers was that he was getting old and felt like joining a gang since it is the "in" thing to do these days.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Connections!!: Averted since he is secretly the uncle of Dodge, a Tinker specializing in pocket dimensions, giving him a powerful connection to the Tinker group Toybox, but the only time it's brought up is when he has his nephew send a case of Cool Guns to the reapers.