open/close all folders
- Aesop Amnesia: At the end of each episode she says "That'll never happen again" but it always does.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: She's not all that annoying, but Frank will sometimes roll his eyes at her.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Often distracted by things surrounding her, running water, or her own imagination.
- Big "NO!": In Waterpark (no bathroom in sight) and Mall (the bathroom was closed).
- Book Worm: Downplayed, we never see her read, but she does say in one episode she loves story time.
- Catchphrase: That'll never happen again because now I know, don't wait to go; I (really) can't hold it much longer; I need to go right NOW; Nope, I'm fine. Also "Can't wait, can't wait" was a one-episode catchphrase in Mall.
- Cheerful Child: Whenever she doesn't need to go she seems very bubbly and happy.
- Children Are Innocent: She's a child and is innocent.
- Friend to All Living Things: Unless they are watching her when she is trying to pee, she likes all animals and people she sees.
- Hair Decorations: Wears a butterfly hair clip.
- Mr. Imagination: More like miss, and downplayed, but she does imagine a lot.
- Potty Dance: She dances around anyway, making it hard to tell if this trope is being played.
- Potty Emergency: Once an Episode.
- The Protagonist
- Throw It In!: In Play, she has to be in a play, but needs to go again, so she has her usual adventure, and then she is onstage and forgot her line, so she finishes saying her Catchphrase "Because now I know, don't wait to go"
- Youthful Freckles: Has freckles on her face and she's a child.
Nina's older brother.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: He once got distracted by a drink in Wedding. His reason: "It's in a pineapple!"
- Comedic Underwear Exposure: When Nana uses the toilet paper from his mummy costume, his underwear was visible.
- Deadpan Snarker: He never actually makes snide remarks, but he sometimes rolls his eyes and sighs.
- Say My Name: Sometimes when he does his eye-roll, one of his parents or Nina will say "Frank".
- Tall, Dark, and Snarky: Downplayed, he is taller than Nina but not very tall, he has dark hair, and sometimes he rolls his eyes and sighs.
- Throw It In!: In Parade, there was no toilet paper, so Nana used the toilet paper making his mummy costume. He continued posing in his underwear.
- Title Drop: He says "Coming through! Nina needs to go!" in Water Park.
- Toilet Paper Mummy: once.
- The Ace: She has never exhibited an inability to do something.
- Action Girl: Or rather Action Elderly Lady.
- Big Damn Heroes: Well, sort of. Needing to go to the bathroom is hardly a dire situation, but she does get Nina to the bathroom in the nick of time, and do everything else in the nick of time. Averted only once in Mall when the janitor gets to the bathroom and closes it before she gets there. of course she finds another bathroom.
- Big "NO!": In Mall, when a bathroom is being closed.
- Catchphrase "Hello darlings", "To the bathroom!", "Hop in", and "That's why I always carry an umbrella".
- Cool Bike: Something of a cross between a motorbike and a mobility scooter.
- Action Mom: She's a ninja and is the mother of Nina's mother.
- Cool Old Lady: Is elderly, a woman, and her family like her and she's a ninja.
- Crazy-Prepared: Especially the umbrella, which can do many things.
- The Determinator
- Friend to All Living Things: Loves people and animals.
- Large Ham: She makes going to the bathroom seem like an adventure.
- Limited Wardrobe: Always wears either a black jacket, pink tee and black skirt, or a black Lycra jumpsuit.
- Never Mess with Granny: Is an elderly lady with grandchildren and also a secret agent.
- Noodle Incident: The potatoes at the fair reminded her of an old sweetheart. It is never revealed who the sweetheart was or why the potatoes reminded her of them.
- Out-of-Character Moment: Her Big "NO!" in Mall, when the bathroom is being closed, and letting the bathroom be closed. After the "no", she snaps out of it.
- Pun: she tells a lot of these, including "We're gonna have a ball" when on a wrecking ball, and "Where there's a wall, there's a way", when going past a wall.
- The Reliable One: She is always there when you have a child in need of a bathroom, and has helped out several other people too, such as handing a baby a toy rabbit.
- Say My Name: Frank and Nina do this when she arrives.
- Speaks Fluent Animal: Whether talking or making animal noises, animals can understand her.
- Aesop Enforcer: Downplayed, she says "Remember to listen to your body" in Beach, and usually says "Are you sure?" and "Let me know if you do" after being told by Nina that no bathroom is required.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: In Beach, she got distracted by volleyball, her favorite sport.
- Good Parents: She is shown to respect Frank and Nina and love them very much.
- Title Drop: In Snow and Train, she tells Nat "Nina needs to go" when Nat wants to do something or asks why they're in a rush.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: He's a bit easily distracted. In D.I.Y. he is distracted by all the hardware being sold.
- Beach Bury: In "Beach", Frank buries him in the sand.
- Bumbling Dad: Downplayed. While he's definitely not stupid, he is a bit easily distracted and once got paint all over him in D.I.Y. And of course he's a dad.
- Comically Missing the Point: In D.I.Y, Nina needed to go while in a hardware store, and Nina asks "Do they have a bathroom?" He says yes and shows her a display bathroom, to which Nina says "Thanks, Dad, but I need a bathroom I can use."
- Third-Person Person: He refers to himself in third person as "dad" twice in "Zoo".
- Totally Radical: In Beach, he tells Nina "Radical, dude!"
Aunty Gladys and Uncle Walter
- Almost Kiss: Nana says "You may kiss the bride" in Wedding and they lean in to kiss, but we don't see them kiss.
- Big Damn Heroes: At the end of Traffic, Gladys shows up in the nick of time in her caravan (which has a bathroom).
- Happily Married: As of Wedding.
- The Quiet One: The only piece of dialogue we hear Gladys say is "I have a bathroom you can use".
- The Voiceless: Walter has no dialogue.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Gladys's hair is purple.