Agents of the Realm
- Action Girl: They learn fast how to start kicking ass.
- Elemental Powers: Each of the agents have them. Norah uses void, Adele uses fire, Jordan uses water, Paige Air and Kendall Earth.
- Five-Man Band: Norah is The Leader, Adele is The Lancer, Paige is The Smart Gal, Kendall is The Big Gal, and Jordan is The Heart.
- Resigned to the Call: They didn't ask to be heroes and they don't love being heroes, but they'll do what they must.
The leading Agent and first chosen, Norah is unmotivated and somewhat antisocial. Although she hopes for a normal college school year, she finds that those hopes have been shattered by the discovery of a magical brooch that turns her into a Magical Girl. She's been gifted with the power of Void, as well as a sword and shield. Sarcasm is her go-to method of dealing with people, but after getting to know someone, she'll become very loyal and trusting.
- Bi the Way: Expresses vocal interest in a Statuesque Stunner at the party, and even tries to chat her up. Tries, the poor thing. She also meets a guy who she has some chemistry with, but she has to go.
- Color-Coded Eyes: She has grey eyes and is a Jerk with a Heart of Gold and strong-willed.
- Deadpan Snarker: Employs sarcasm against the bleeds almost as much as her shield and sword.
- The Hero: Being the first Agent to realize her powers, as well as the protagonist of the story, she falls into this role.
- Hates Being Touched: If her reaction to the group hug is any indication, she does indeed.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: She is the main protagonist, and her magical weapon is a sword-and-shield combo.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Norah would much rather abandon the brooch and power through her college without concerns like the Force and all this Magical Girl Warrior stuff.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: She doesn't like interacting with people and is quick to be annoyed, but she tries to be as good an Agent as possible and supports her team.
- Power of the Void: Her element. It remains to see what it's like in practice.
- The Leader: Jade clearly expects her to lead the Agents. Norah's not too sure of her position, but tries the best she can.
The second Agent to be introduced and realize her powers. Adele is Norah's roommate, but didn't show up until a few days after the semester started, in tears and a mess. While the first impression may have suggested otherwise, Adele is usually a bubbly, happy kind of person, if a little flighty. Born into wealth, Adele owns many expensive possessions, but she wants to make her own path instead of relying on her parents' money. She has the power of fire and uses a glaive.
- Blade on a Stick: Her magical weapon is a glaive.
- Drives Like Crazy: Adele brings Norah close to a heart attack with a short drive. She has a cool ride, though.
- The Fashionista: Won't be caught dead looking anything less than sharp.
- Foil: For Norah. While Norah is shy and antisocial, Adele is outgoing and friendly.
- Girly Bruiser: Rather girlish, but an excellent fighter nevertheless.
- The Lancer: Provides much-needed help to Norah.
- Playing with Fire: Adele has fire powers.
- Rich in Dollars, Poor in Sense: Adele is very rich, but she dresses to impress in the middle of the night and Drives Like Crazy.
- Significant Green-Eyed Redhead: Adele is a dyed redhead, but she's an Agent and the first friend Norah makes on campus.
- Spicy Latina: She's introduced speaking more than a few speech bubbles worth of untranslated Portuguese, drives fast, and is one of the most outgoing agents.
The third Agent to be introduced, Paige is Norah's assigned partner for a mythology project. Being incredibly knowledgeable on local lore, including the history of the Agents of the Realm, she wastes no time warning Norah that she will do anything for a good grade, and isn't going to be held back by someone like Norah. Rather aloof and dismissive, she worked hard for a full ride scholarship, and is driven to success. She has the power of air and uses a bow and arrow.
- Adorkable: After she warms up to characters, she's this.
- Archer Archetype: Paige is analytical, rather aloof, and has a bow as her weapon.
- Badass Bookworm: All five girls, in a way, being in college and all, but Paige is straight-A student who got to the school on a scholarship. She's also an excellent archer and works out regularly.
- Blow You Away: Her element is Air.
- Bi the Way: At the Halloween party, she first singles out what look to be hot boys to dance with. Later, she takes a particular interest in a hot girl.
- Deadpan Snarker: Uses snark to be a voice of reason among the Agents.
- The Determinator: Managed to get a full ride scholarship through college, and her cast page says she isn't afraid to push others to the side for a good grade.
- Insufferable Genius: Paige is a very driven academic with high standards, who doesn't hesitate to speak her mind or push someone aside so she can do the job properly. Consequentially, she can be difficult to get along with.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: She's aloof and cold towards Norah at first, but warms up to her once she realizes she misjudged her.
- Luminescent Blush: After a heart-to-heart with Norah in the museum where Paige apologized for being hard on her earlier and Norah promised to pull her weight on their project.
- Not So Stoic: She apologizes to Norah for her headstrong behavior after they get to know each other. Also, she's not above dancing with hotties at the Halloween party.
- The Smart Gal: Most studious in the cast (enough to get a full ride based on GPA), and extremely well-read on local history.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Paige swings between this and Tsundere. She's rather cold and bossy towards Norah at first, then warms up to her. While she's friendly to her fellow Agents, she distrusts Jordan and can be aloof sometimes.
- Technicolor Eyes: Her eyes are bright orange.
The fourth Agent to enter the story, Kendall is Adele's partner on the same mythology project Norah and Paige were working on. A kind soul, she doesn't like it when people fight, and acts as a mediator to the group. With college, she hopes to redefine herself, but she is a devout people-pleaser and frequently places others needs above her own. She has the power of Earth and uses a massive hammer.
- BFS: Kendall wields a truly impressive warhammer which sometimes seems to be bigger than her, in contrast to other girls, who have more human-sized weaponry. At least she uses both hands to hold it...
- The Big Gal: The strongest member of the cast.
- Bruiser with a Soft Center: Tanky, yet kind.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Her Elemental Power is Earth, and it seems to come complete with Super Strength. How else can she lift that hammer?
- Drop the Hammer: Her weapon is a giant hammer.
- Extreme Doormat: Kendall is a big people pleaser, according to her cast page. However, so far in comic, she seems to be very watered-down version of this trope.
- Girly Bruiser: Rather girlish, but an excellent fighter nevertheless.
- Guile Hero: While other girls think about simply telling Jordan the truth, trusting that it'd force her to join them, Kendall arranges a Meet Cute and thus learns everything.
- Informed Attribute: Kendall is described as a devoted people pleaser, but so far, she comes across as a cheerful, calm Guile Hero.
- Lipstick Lesbian: Has been confirmed to be solely into women.
- Pungeon Master: Kendall uses puns against the bird-bleed, exasperating Norah. She comes to the party dressed as an angelic cow, and cheers on Jordan's outfit idea of a deviled egg.
- Token White: Kendall is the only white teammate in the group.
The fifth Agent to be introduced. She's a big opportunist and looks to make the most in any given situation. She's naturally sweet and trusting, but can become too dependent on someone if she feels a strong connection with them. She has the power of water and uses two machetes on a cord.
- Action Girlfriend: For Mackenzie, although Mackenzie doesn't know about it.
- Adorkable: All the cast members' original outfits for the party are generally bordering on bodycon, but she shows up in egg-shaped pajamas and devil horns. As a deviled egg.
- Bi the Way: Actually pansexual.
- HeelFace Turn: In a way - Jordan joins the Agents by the end of chapter four, but Norah decides that they still have to investigate Jade, so in a way, they meet halfway.
- Heel Realization: Conversation with Norah makes Jordan realize that trusting Ruby was not the best idea ever. Norah, with the help of Kendall, exposes the true nature of Ruby's pursuits and gets her to join Jade's team.
- Implausible Hair Color: Her hair starts out as a luminescent shade of purple. She changes it to pale lavender after her HeelFace Turn.
- Innocent Blue Eyes: Her eyes are blue, and she's trusting and open.
- Making a Splash: She has power over water.
- MookFace Turn: She joins the Agents by the end of chapter four.
- Motor Mouth: Once she gets surer of her standing with others, she's talking and talking and talking and talking... but mostly when she gets really flustered.
- Occult Blue Eyes: She's a blue-eyed Magical Girl.
- Whip Sword
The Blackwater TwinsA pair of twins from another world, they both seek to find and control agents on our side for their own purposes.
A mysterious woman who somehow managed to cross into Earth's dimension and is trying to acquire all the special amulets from the Agents. Her intentions seem to be evil, but it's implied she's working under someone else. The only distinction between her and her twin Jade is that her hair is cut much shorter.
- Evil Teacher: She teaches Norah, Adele, Paige, and Kendall's mythology class.
- Evil Twin: To Jade. She works for the Big Bad and tries to have the Agents killed.
- Demonic Possession: The interlude between chapter 1 and 2 shows that she's occasionally possessed by some external power which uses similar magic to what the Alchemist has been demonstrated to have.
- Hidden Agenda Villain: Her motives are unknown.
- Hot Teacher: A point is made of her sharp fashion sense.
- Purple Eyes: She's a villain from another world and her eyes are the shade of lavender.
- Theme Twin Naming: Both her and her sister's names are gems.
A mysterious woman who came from an alternate dimension. She, along with her twin (although for different reasons, and on different sides) are trying to gather up all the special amulets the Agents possess, although Jade's intentions seem more helpful and heroic. The only distinction between her and her twin is that her hair is much longer than Ruby's.
- Adorkable: In her first conversation with Norah, she can't help her because she messed up her papers and can't find the right page...
- Badass Gay: Has a wife.
- Clueless Boss: Has shades of this. She didn't know how to activate the amulet for Norah, and some of her dialogue is this.
- Mentor Archetype: Is trying to guide the girls into becoming a fully functioning team.
- Purple Eyes: She's from another world and her eyes are a bright shade of lavender.
- Theme Twin Naming: Both her and her sister's names are gems.
- Voice with an Internet Connection: Jade is stuck in her own realm, but communicates with the girls through LBB.
Agents of the Old WorldAgents on our side of the Great Divide, who seem to have been operating hundreds of years ago.
The calmer and more pragmatic one, Camel seems to be, paradoxically, the agent of Fire. She seems rather tired of her job and wants to find Folami's successor so that the two of them may retire.
- Badass Gay: Proposes to Folami.
- Cloudcuckoolander's Minder: She seems to consider herself this for Folami.
- Color Motif: Both her cape and her speech bubbles are orange.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: She wants to retire from her agent job and go live in a secluded house together with Folami.
- Mystical High Collar: Her armor has a stylish high collar.
- Official Couple: She and Folami are very clearly together.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Calmer, pragmatist Blue to Folami's cheerful, happy Red.
- Retirony: She's awaiting her incoming retirement eagerly, but the ending of chapter 2.5 implies that she's not going to make it.
- Statuesque Stunner: She's much taller than the crowd she's standing in.
Another agent, Folami has been a warrior all her life and is not looking forward to abandoning it in favor of retirement. However, if this is what Camel wants, she will do so.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: She's easily distracted from Camel's tales about their future life together and Camel implies that this isn't the first time this happens.
- Badass Gay: Says yes to Camel.
- Color Motif: Her cape and speech bubbles are purple, as is her bracelet.
- Doomed by Canon: Refers to herself as a ghost in Norah's dream, so there's probably a point past the flashbacks in which she dies. All that's corporeally left of her are her brooch and other items in the local museum.
- Electronic Eye: Her left eye appears to be made of gold and possibly Magitek.
- Ethereal White Dress: In Norah's dream, Folami is dressed in a flowing white dress, and she describes herself as a ghost.
- Glory Hound: Positive example - she clearly loves the recognition and adoration being an agent earns her.
- Mystical High Collar: Her armor has a high, metal collar.
- Official Couple: Pretty clearly with Camel.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Cheerful, energetic Red to Camel's more withdrawn Blue.
- Statuesque Stunner: Like Camel, she's much taller than crowd around them.
- Technicolor Eyes: Her non-artificial eye appears to be pink.