is an Adventure Game
done with RPG Maker
2003, made by Dingaling, exploring in non-specific but not exactly vague
ways the unfortunate circumstances of a young girl's life have affected her as she attempts to escape them and the man at the center of it all. You can download it here.
Following in the tradition of Yume Nikki
, the player guides Lisa through various worlds, connected to a lobby by different doors, and must collect different items and navigate obstacles in order to progress through her journey. The horror elements are mostly atmospheric, preferring haunting, creepy music and bizarre environments that are left quite available for the player to observe to jump scares and brief glimpses of monsters.
Lisa provides examples of:
- Abusive Parents: Balding Man, seeming but not explicitly stated to be Lisa's father: a drunkard who lives in squalor and keeps everything, including Lisa herself, locked up as much as possible. His name is Marty, according to a VHS tape that shows him and Lisa sitting at a table with a plastic tea set.
- Body Horror: The "melting-face" Balding Men, and the fields full of eyes.
- Double Entendre: "Tricky Rick", who speaks in nothing but these.
- Fat Bastard: The Balding Man. The fact that he's a nasty son of a bitch is about the only thing we know about him.
- Flat Character: The Balding Man, again; everything you need to know about him can be surmised in the first few minutes of the game.
- Groin Attack: Lisa's murders of Tricky Rick are a sort of symbolic version of this.
- Memento MacGuffin: The Necklace. We're never told why it's important, just that Lisa treasures it.
- Nobody Poops: Subverted and played straight; there are toilets all over the place, but the urine (being the product of a drunken asshole) is all over the floor. Lisa herself only uses them to vomit.
- Rape and Revenge: The essence of the plot, though it's a lot weirder than the phrase suggests.
- Rape as Backstory: And regular story, too.
- Through the Eyes of Madness: Lisa, possibly; the game takes place in a sort of dreamscape, but there's not really any indication that Lisa is actually asleep, and neither of the endings have her waking up.
- World of Symbolism: Everything can be seen as evidence of Lisa's really horrible life, although for some of it, it's up to the player to decide exactly how it all adds up.
- You Suck: The Rope World, where Lisa will spend an unfairly long time climbing a rope to get to a platform... which just has a big hand sticking up out of the ground, flipping her the bird.