Video Game / Light Crusader
A game for the Sega Genesis
created by Treasure
. Similar to Landstalker
in gameplay but much easier, David the swordsman takes a holiday on Green Row and learns about the missing townspeople. He must go underground, beat up monsters, solve puzzles and free people.The game consists of 7 levels:
- Castle/Town: No monsters here. You can shop for elements and food here as well as hear a bad piano player. Talking to the king and princess are vital for the plot at times.
- B1: An easy, straightforward dungeon.
- B2: Dungeon that houses the 4 orbs used to awaken Ramiah.
- B3: Dungeon where goblins live and enslave humans.
- B4: Another dungeon, home to the Wizards' guild
- B5: One big room with a crystal that teleports you to other dimensions including ice, war, wild west, sci fi, highway, shadow and martial arts worlds.
- B6: The final dungeon that houses Ramiah.
- Block Puzzle
- Boss Room
- Busman's Holiday
- Catch Phrase - Farmer: Are my cows safe?
- Chekhov's Gun - The four orbs from B2, which are later used to awaken the demon Ramiah/Huster.
- Dem Bones
- Disc One Nuke - The best armour in the game is available as a random drop early on in the first dungeon of the game, if you're willing to grind a little on some tricky to kill, but not particularly strong enemies.
- Dreadful Musician - The piano lady
- Dressing as the Enemy
- Elemental Powers - Air, Fire, Earth and Water. They can be mixed to create unique spells.
- Giant Space Flea from Nowhere - Most boss fights
- Giant Spider - One of the bosses on B3.
- Go for the Eye - The very first boss fight in the game.
- Ice Palace - The ice world in B5.
- Instant Awesome, Just Add Ninja - The martial arts world in B5, where you fight ninjas who teleport and use earthquake magic.
- Interface Screw - Instead of draining your health, getting poisoned in this game flips the controls so left is right, right is left, up is down, down is up.
- Invisible Main Character - After drinking the "Odd Potion", David is rendered invisible so he can pass the "trial by fire".
- Left Hanging - The storyline of the goblins using humans as slaves in the mines remains unresolved when you finish B3.
- Magic Knight - David, the main hero
- Never Mess with Granny - The castle cook, who beats goblins with frying pans in B6.
- One-Man Party
- Our Zombies Are Different - First off, they look like scare crows and you get poisoned when they claw you.
- Poison Mushroom - The black potions found in B4 poison your character, going for the Interface Screw effect.
- Randomly Drops
- Space Zone - The outer space level on B5.
- Underground Monkey - The blobs. Green blobs are weak but red and white ones shoot fire.
- The Wild West - The farm world in B5