is a 18-year old female who enjoys reading and writing. She loves TV Tropes
due to its assorted humor, and its lack of blandness. (Wikipedia, I'm looking at you.) She also has a tendency to switch her POV occasionally when typing.
She is very insulted by the Owl Be Damned
page. Owls are not creepy! They are adorable! If they scare you, you are being ignorant as to how important they are to our ecology! Griffin also loves collecting owl-related figures, and currently has a drawerful of them. Someday, she'll get a whole house that she can fill
with owl-related memorablia.
Griffin also tends to not get creeped out by Nightmare Fuel
. Most of it makes her laugh
, for some reason. However, anything that does
creep her out will probably be very traumatizing to her for a long, long time.
She is on Fanfiction.net
Just for Fun
: My Personal Tropes
- All of the Other Reindeer: Nikey just wants to make friends...too bad everyone fears him for being a Kirund.
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: Tweety sometimes thinks Sophur and Dinner are these
- An Ice Person: Grapeshot, and his "daughter" Danger as well.
- Big Sister Instinct: Tayne towards Nikey.
- Came Back Wrong: Lorisa was reincarnated as a Marrow Corbine, and lost all her memories of her beloved. She actually tried to kill him before he managed to remind her of him.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Shawn, a little bit, and Ajor is a creepy form of this.
- Critical Psychoanalysis Failure: Toxshae and his "family" can induce this, and Rateg committed suicide in his past life due to this.
- Demonic Possession: More like demonic symbiosis.
- Doorstop Baby: Tweety.
- Dysfunctional Family: Toxshae and co. are this and Nakama at the same time.
- Gentle Giant: Shawn is mentally a little child, so he is naturally kindhearted. Alfred is also similar.
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: Fury Gray has glowing silver eyes.
- Happily Adopted: Shawn, Danger, and Tweety
- Happily Married: Sophur and Dinner, Skull and Grapeshot, 220 and 284, Coco and Tono
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Crimson, unlike some people who have been corrupted by love, wants Gray to be happy with someone who she will love back.
- Love Makes You Evil: Crimson, Crimson, Crimson. Dear merciful gods, Crimson.
- Mama Bear: Tayne is extremely protective of her "little brother."
- Names to Run Away From Really Fast: Subverted so, so hard. Danger is really nice, if a little prone to accidentally freezing things, and you'd never expect Evangeline to be the name of a sexy, tempting demoness.
- Oblivious Adoption: Shawn is totally a Lucain! He just has wings and is larger-than-usual!
- Papa Wolf: Do not threaten Shawn or make him cry. Toxshae will call down all his powers onto you.
- Promotion to Parent: Tayne calls herself Nikey's older sister, but she acts more like his mother.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Subverted with Nikey. Gain is a borderline case of this-he has done some evil acts, but associating with Loss has made him more gentle.
- Reincarnation Romance: Lorisa and Arion
- Retcon: Gray was originally much younger. This has been edited.
- Sickeningly Sweethearts: Sophur and Dinner, complete with cutesy nicknames and ear-nibbling
- Superpowered Amoral Side: Gray's Fury form, which is much more blase about killing enemies.
- Undead Child: Nikey
- The Woobie: Nikey, again.
- Achievements in Ignorance: Getting lost leads to Vera helping to dismantle a Team Rocket genetic experimentation plot.
- Asexual: Nira is asexual panromantic, while Letitia is demisexual heteroromantic.
- The Beastmaster: All trainers are this, of course, but Nira gains the ability to naturally command multiple Pokemon as well.
- Bi the Way: Vera is bisexual, although she does seem to lean towards girls.
- The Caretaker: Aria was meant to be this for Nira, by being able to sense her fainting spells and intercept them, and the two of them still have the closest bond.
- Cast From HP: Letitia's Guts Ability means that inflicting any status effect on her simply makes her attacks more powerful, but she still takes damage from them.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: Both Nira and Letitia are this to some extent. Nira is much more impulsive than Letitia though.
- The Clan: The Palmers are a rather large family, and although some of their children marry out of it, most of the time it's their spouses who marry in, no matter what the gender of said spouse is.
- Combat Medic: One of Nira's Messiah abilities is the ability to heal, and from a distance as well. Of course, she still runs into battle whenever it's allowed.
- Critical Status Buff: Nira's Courage Ability means that she gets a bonus to both damage and defense when critically injured.
- Determinator: Nothing except being overwhelmingly outnumbered/outpowered can force Nira to retreat.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Nira, of the "rocks" variety. She eventually becomes an actual Rock-type as well.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Vera, when backup arrives during the Team Rocket base invasion. She quickly shakes it off, though.
- The Drifter: Mys, before joining Nira's team.
- Family Business: Palmer Breeders, which Letitia's family has run for quite a while. While she does want to get recognition for her own fighting skills, she still plans on returning to work there eventually. She's not the oldest, though, so she has some leeway.
- Healing Factor: Hope knows Aqua Ring, although he's only used it in an official match, and only because his opponent was out of reach. He much prefers just gushing his opponents to a pulp.
- Hiding The Handicap: Vern is the only human member of the party who knows about Nira's genetic illness.
- It's All My Fault: Nira blames herself for Anza's supposed death.
- Journey to the Center of the Mind: Nira and Vern do this with each other in order to unlock the ability to command multiple Pokemon at once.
- Let Me at Him!: Both Nira and Hope tend to do this. Mys is usually the one to hold them back.
- Mama Bear: Nira is fiercely protective of all her Pokemon, especially Jewel.
- Mission from God: Nira eventually ends up being officially sent to destroy the bug god by Terrakion. It also goes along with her becoming a Messiah.
- No Sense of Direction: Vera can get to places she's seen before, but let her wander and she'll definitely get lost.
- Pintsized Powerhouse: Hope can and will take on anyone and anything that challenges him.
- The Quiet One: Rori, as mentioned below. Mys and Jewel also fall into this, although Jewel's is more from shyness.
- The Rival: Hope considers Crim this.
- Secret Art: Nira can use the Sacred Sword move, channeled through her walking stick.
- Self-Made Woman: After the bug war ends, Vera starts up her own theater/contest hall. It slowly becomes more and more successful over time.
- Silent Snarker: Rori is more The Quiet One, but she tends to snark at Hope's overenthusiasm in a rather withdrawn one, with as few words as possible.
- Spanner in the Works: Vera accidentally stumbles onto a secret garden full of Team Rocket's Pokemon-altering red trees. However, the scientist lady in charge manages to convince her that they're harmless. When she's going home later that night, she is attacked by a giant Raticate and rescued by a policeman who mentions unlawful genetic experimentation on Pokemon. She puts two and two together, and ends up helping with an attack on TR headquarters through that location.
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: Hope and Jewel, after she evolves into a Garbodor.
- Theme Naming: All of Letitia's Pokemon are named after saints.
- True Companions: Nira and her Pokemon. Her human companions eventually become this as well.
- Victory Through Intimidation: Nira manages to frighten something trying to control her mind enough that it gives up attempting a mental intrusion on her.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Letitia's is light blue.