open/close all folders
The Cat Duo
The title character. He's a lazy fat cat who is usually chasing around to get rid of the mischievous cockroach trio.
- Adorkable: His enjoyment for toys and woobieness makes him this.
- Ambiguously Bi: There were episodes where Oggy showed attraction to women, and others were he clearly ogled men. In one episode he and Jack went to eat on a classy restaurant, and Oggy was carrying a purse. Season 4 averts this by having Olivia his only romantic interest.
- Berserk Button: Olivia being threatened or hurt is a big one for him.
- Big Eater: Oggy is usually eating something in most of time and his fridge is filled with tons of food.
- Butt Monkey: Overall he is the biggest in this cartoon. In almost every episode he suffers some kind of misfortune, like being tricked by the cockroaches and being beaten by Bob.
- Can't Stand Them, Can't Live Without Them: His relationship with the cockroaches. He hates they but can't live without them. Becomes a plot point in "So Lonely".
- Cats Are Mean: Rarely. He is only mean when he is the villain of the episode.
- CloudCuckoolander: Sometimes.
- Enemy Mine: Oggy allied with the cockroaches in some episodes to screw enemies in common.
- Fat Cat: Duh.
- Godzilla Threshold: If you are a major Jerkass to the point of greed, chances are he will get the cockroaches to help him. Jack and Bob learned this the hard way.
- Half-Identical Twins: With his twin sister Monica.
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: Briefly in “Black and White” when Oggy lost his colors due an accident with the washer.
- Inelegant Blubbering: Oggy often cries like a baby. Hysterical and very loudly.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He is the least “jerk” and the most “heart of gold” in comparison with Jack and the cockroaches. Generally he only reacts in response for cockroaches' provocations.
- Lazy Bum: Most of time Oggy is sitting in front of TV.
- Leitmotif: The melody of the show's opening theme is almost always used for him.
- Man Child: This is an obvious case in "Soldier for a Day", where his room is shown to be full of children's toys.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: He triumphs over the Cockroaches much more often in Season Four.
Oggy's cousin, who is sometimes around Oggy to help him take care of the troublesome cockroaches with his inventions.
- Butt Monkey: Not frequently like Oggy, but when something happen to him it's usually nasty.
- Cats Are Mean: Most of time, especially towards the cockroaches.
- Cool Car: It's a monster truck!
- Crazy-Prepared: At times. He has a lot of stuff with him to be prepared.
- Gadgeteer Genius: He makes a lot of machines. Though by later seasons, this appears to have dropped.
- Jerkass: Most of time. He always pursue the cockroaches even if he hadn't a reason for it and sometimes he uses Oggy and his properties for his own profit.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Several episodes show that Jack truly does care about Oggy's well being. Most of the time..
- Laser-Guided Karma: Many of his plans to get advantage backfires to him. A notable example is in “Life's A Beach” when Jack uses Oggy's house and pool for his business without asking him permission for that and ends the day being beaten by his customers and got stuck by several lightnings.
Marky, Dee Dee and Joey
The cockroaches trio which live in Oggy's house and usually are the main cause of Oggy's misfortunes.
- Big Eater: Dee Dee
- Butt Monkeys: Less than Oggy or Jack, but that's not saying much...
- The Chew Toy: They have it coming every time.
- Big, Thin, Short Trio: Dee Dee is the big, Marky is the thin and Joey is the short.
- Can't Stand Them, Can't Live Without Them: Just like Oggy, they can't live without him. In "Moving Out" they actually cry after realizing that Oggy truly is gone from the house. Then both Marky and Dee Dee begin to hit themselves with Oggy's fly swatter just to relive their memories of him squashing them.
- The Casanova: Marky.
- Expy: The cockroaches version of The Three Stooges. Joey is like Moe, TheLeader and the Schemer of the group. Dee Dee, like Curly, is the fat and dumb member. Marky, like Larry, is the one who is dragged into the schemes.
- Extreme Omnivore: Dee Dee, who was even able to eat a hyena in "Safari so Good".
- Gang of Bullies: Especially towards Oggy.
- Godzilla Threshold: Oggy's go-to guys in the event his friends or neighbors become greedy jerkasses. Depending on the episode, he will pay them for the job.
- Greed: Joey's noticable trait.
- Jerkass: The cockroaches are the biggest jerks in the cartoon. In most of time they are annoying Oggy and Jack for nothing. Even Bob is victim of their actions sometimes.
- Joey is shown being the bigger jerk of the trio. It gets the to point where Dee Dee and Marky will briefly get Oggy's help or defy him whenever he gets out of line.
- Karma Houdini Warranty: Big time in Season 4.
- Laser-Guided Karma: This happens to them depending on the episode.
- Taken Up To Eleven in season 4, where they barely "win" in any of the episodes.
- Leitmotif: A jester-like melody that sees several variations through the series' run.
- Mis Matched Eyes: Joey has a red/pink eye and a yellow eye.
- The Napoleon: Joey
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: The roaches are named after members of the punk band The Ramones.
- Odd Friendship: Episodes like "Virtual Voyage", "Ugly Dirty and Good" and "Journey to the Center of the Earth" show that Oggy and Joey can actually get along at times.
- Pet the Dog: Often rare, but they have their moments where they do care about Oggy when they're not trolling him.
- Power Trio/Terrible Trio: Joey is usually presented as the one 'in charge'.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: In the first few episodes, Joey and Marky had red eyes instead of pink eyes.
- Screwy Squirrel: They cause mischief and are antagonizing Oggy and Jack a lot.
- True Companions: As mean as they are to Oggy, they are the best of friends with each other.
- Yank the Dog's Chain: In "Let's Party Guys!" After having a terrible party, the Cockroaches notice that both Oggy and Jack seem to have bought a present for Joey's birthday! And it's a fly swatter! Which they then use to squish the Cockroaches.
Oggy's next-door neighbor, frequently caught in the crossfire when Oggy's antics get out of control.
- Angry Guard Dog: Resembles one.
- Ascended Extra: By Season 4, he is one of the main characters.
- Butt Monkey: While not as often as some of the other characters, he still tends to suffer sometimes. The best example being in the episode "Don't Barge In!".
- Character Development: Due to becoming an Ascended Extra, his tendency to beat up Oggy and Jack from time to time is downplayed in season 4 and he occasionally has a good time with both of them.
- Cranky Neighbor: Especially in the first seasons. He hates Oggy and Jack and usually beat them up if provoked.
- Expy: Bob is basically an angry version of Spike from Tom and Jerry.
- Jerkass: He is mean towards Oggy and Jack and usually laughs at their misfortunes.
- No Holds Barred Beat Down: Does this regularly to Oggy and/or Jack.
Oggy's other next-door neighbor
- Friend to All Living Things: She gets really upset when Oggy or Jack hurts the cockroaches (even if they totally deserve it).
- Hair Decorations: She has a hair bow, despite not having hair.
- Innocent Blue Eyes: Perfect for someone who's friendly to everyone, even the roaches.
- Love Interest: To Oggy.
- Nice Girl: Probably the only character who is.
- Pink Girl, Blue Boy: The Pink Girl to Oggy's Blue Boy.
- Plucky Girl
- Relationship Upgrade: She and Oggy eventually get married.
- Slapstick Knows No Gender: Although it's rare, even she can suffer from this. The best example could be in "Don't Barge In".
A female cockroach living in Olivia's house.
- Huge Girl Tiny Guy: While she's cockroach-sized, she's actually taller than the cockroach trio.
- Laughing Mad: She started laughing maniacally when she plots a very Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs situation by poisoning an apple. Just because Olivia was watering her flowers and unknowingly drenched her.
- The Vamp: She can get Dee Dee, Marky and Joey to do whatever she wants...even forgive her for eating all the food they stole.