open/close all folders
The Cat Duo
The title character. He's a lazy fat cat who is usually chasing around to get rid of the mischievous cockroach trio.
- Ambiguously Bi: There were episodes where Oggy showed attraction to women, and others were he clearly ogled men. In one episode he and Jack went to eat on a classy restaurant, and Oggy was carrying a purse. Season 4 averts this by having Olivia his only romantic interest.
- Big Eater: Oggy is usually eating something in most of time and his fridge is filled with tons of food.
- Butt Monkey: Overall he is the biggest in this cartoon. In almost every episode he suffers some kind of misfortune, like being tricked by the cockroaches and being beaten by Bob.
- Can't Stand Them, Can't Live Without Them: His relationship with the cockroaches. He hates they but can't live without they. Becomes a plot point in "So Lonely".
- Cats Are Mean: Rarely. He is only mean when he is the villain of the episode.
- CloudCuckoolander: Sometimes.
- Enemy Mine: Oggy allied with the cockroaches in some episodes to screw enemies in common.
- Fat Cat:
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: Briefly in “Black and White” when Oggy lost his colors due an accident with the washer.
- Inelegant Blubbering: Oggy often cries like a baby. Hysterical and very loudly.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He is the least “jerk” and the most “heart of gold” in comparison with Jack and the cockroaches. Generally he only reacts in response for cockroaches' provocations.
- Lazy Bum: Most of time Oggy is sitting in front of TV.
- Leitmotif: The melody of the show's opening theme is almost always used for him.
- Man Child: This is an obvious case in "Soldier for a Day", where his room is shown to be full of children's toys.
Oggy's cousin, who is sometimes around Oggy to help him take care of the troublesome cockroaches with his inventions.
- Butt Monkey: Not frequently like Oggy, but when something happen to him it's usually nasty.
- Cats Are Mean: Most of time, especially towards the cockroaches.
- Cool Car: It's a monster truck!
- Gadgeteer Genius: He makes a lot of machines. Though by later seasons, this appears to have dropped.
- Jerkass: Most of time. He always pursue the cockroaches even if he hadn't a reason for it and sometimes he uses Oggy and his properties for his own profit.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Many of his plans to get advantage backfires to him. A notable example is in “Life's A Beach” when Jack uses Oggy's house and pool for his business without asking him permission for that and ends the day being beaten by his customers and got stuck by several lightnings.
Marky, Dee Dee and Joey
The cockroaches trio which live in Oggy's house and usually are the main cause of Oggy's misfortunes.
- Big Eater: Dee Dee
- Butt Monkeys: Less than Oggy or Jack.
- The Chew Toy
- Big, Thin, Short Trio: Dee Dee is the big, Marky is the thin and Joey is the short.
- The Casanova: Marky.
- Expy: The cockroaches version of The Three Stooges. Joey is like Moe, TheLeader and the Schemer of the group. Dee Dee, like Curly, is the fat and dumb member. Marky, like Larry, is the one who is dragged into the schemes.
- Extreme Omnivore: Dee Dee, who was even able to eat a hyena in "Safari so Good".
- Gang of Bullies: Especially towards Oggy.
- Jerkass: The cockroaches are the biggest jerks in the cartoon. In most of time they are annoying Oggy and Jack for nothing. Even Bob is victim of their actions sometimes.
- Leitmotif: A jester-like melody that sees several variations through the series' run.
- Mis Matched Eyes: Joey has a red/pink eye and a yellow eye.
- The Napoleon: Joey
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: The roaches are named after members of the punk band The Ramones.
- Power Trio/Terrible Trio: Joey is usually presented as the one 'in charge'.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: In the first few episodes, Joey and Marky had red eyes instead of pink eyes.
- Screwy Squirrel
- True Companions: As mean as they are to Oggy, they are the best of friends with each other.
Oggy's next-door neighbor, frequently caught in the crossfire when Oggy's antics get out of control.
- Angry Guard Dog: Resembles one.
- Ascended Extra: By Season 4, he is one of the main characters.
- Cranky Neighbor: Especially in the first seasons. He hates Oggy and Jack and usually beaten they if provoked.
- Expy: Bob is basically an angry version of Spike from Tom and Jerry.
- Flanderization: Reversed due to becoming an Ascended Extra, his tendency to beat up Oggy and Jack from time to time is downplayed in season 4 and he occassionally has a good time with both of them.
- Jerkass: He is mean towards Oggy and Jack and usually laughs of their misfortunes.
- No Holds Barred Beat Down: Does this regularly to Oggy and/or Jack.
Oggy's other next-door neighbor
- Friend to All Living Things: She gets really upset when Oggy or Jack hurts the cockroaches (even if they totally deserve it).
- Hair Decorations: She has a hair bow, despite not having hair.
- Innocent Blue Eyes: Perfect for someone who's friendly to everyone, even the roaches.
- Love Interest: To Oggy.
- Nice Girl: Probably the only character who is.
- Pink Girl, Blue Boy: The Pink Girl to Oggy's Blue Boy.
- Plucky Girl
- Relationship Upgrade: She and Oggy eventually get married.
- Slapstick Knows No Gender: Although it's rare, even she can suffer from this. The best example could be in "Don't Barge In".
A female cockroach living in Olivia's house.