"You don't know who you're dealing with here! This is KHAN! The Tom Cruise of India, the Brad Pitt of Bollywood, the Shia Labeouf of Mumbai, the Topher Grace of New Delhi, the dude from Twilight of Calcutta!"SRK or King Khan by those in the know. Chances are, if you've heard of Bollywood, you've heard of SRK. Maybe in a newspaper article calling him Bollywood's Tom Cruise or Harrison Ford, as in the page quote, but none of those descriptions can capture the mystique, the appeal, the popularity of the man himself.Famous for playing endearing manchildren who mature due to the the love of a good woman, but he does get some range in now and again by playing the Stalker with a Crush (Darr, Anjaam, Dil Se), Buddhist Emperors (Asoka), Super Coach to the Indian women's hockey team (Chak De India), and the eponymous Don.Forms a very popular onscreen jodi with Kajol and Madhuri Dixit.Shahrukh Khan's next movie is 'Harry Met Sejal' opposite Anushka Sharma
— Aasif Mandvi, The Daily Show
- Dil Se
- Dil To Pagal Hai
- Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
- Kabhi Kushi Kabhie Gham
- Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
- Main Hoon Na
- Veer Zaara
- Kal Ho Naa Ho
- Om Shanti Om
- Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi
- My Name Is Khan
His work provides examples of the following tropes:
- Almost Kiss: Enforced as he refuses to kiss his costars (reportedly) out of respect for his wife.
- Anguished Declaration of Love: You cannot have a Shah Rukh Khan movie without one of these.
- The Charmer: Used most famously in Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge where he charms not only his love interest, but also her entire extended family including his girlfriend's future-in-laws of her arranged marriage that was being forced on her by her father and gets her father in the end to accept him as his son-in-law.
- Fanservice. All the time. More specifically Sexy Soaked Shirt.
- Psychopathic Manchild: Before he became famous as a chocolate hero, he was known for his villainous roles which were almost always in this mold.
- Stalker with a Crush: He plays this in almost all his early movies. Either women he falls in love with return his love and he becomes endearing or in a darker movie, he becomes a psychopath.
- Verbal Tic: He's famous for his stutter. He also has a famous line reading from the movie Darr where his character stutters out the name of the heroine whom he is stalking. "K-k-k-k-kiran!"
- Stroke the Beard: He regularly strokes the hair on his head in each and every movie.