A 2009 video game based on X-Men Origins: Wolverine, it has Hugh Jackman reprise his legendary role.
This game provides examples of:
- Adaptational Jerkass: Fred Dukes tries to attack Logan even before he thinks he calls him "Blob", and after Logan interrogates him, he gloats about how Gambit won't tell him anything.
- And Your Reward Is Clothes: Completing the bonus challenges that are unlocked by collecting small statues of Wolverine hidden throughout the game grants the player extra costumes based on some of the outfits worn in the comics.
- Bloodier and Gorier: In the Uncaged Edition. Obviously, Reality Ensues: given that two of Wolverine's most common superpowers are surviving all sorts of mortal wounds no ordinary person can live through and having claws made of the strongest material on Earth, it'd make sense for the game to go a horribly bloody route. Logan routinely can have his flesh shot off and have his innards exposed for a bit before his Healing Factor kicks in, and many of the kills border close to being actual Fatalities on occasion.
- Canon Discontinuity: As with other video games based on the X-Men films, it is confirmed as non-canon.
- Composite Character:
- The first mission is to a village in Angola which guards an adamantium meteorite, giving it a backstory closer to vibranium in the comics.
- In the comics, Professor Thornton was the Weapon X scientist who wanted revenge on Logan for cutting his hand offnote . In the game, this detail is given to Bolivar Trask.
- John Wraith is a combination of himself and Azazel, the father of Nightcrawler. Wraith is seen showing affection for a pregnant Mystique and asks her what she thinks about naming the baby "Kurt"; implying that he is the father of Nightcrawler.
- Darker and Edgier: Especially in the Uncaged Edition.
- Gorn: Easily one of the most violent Marvel video games. Alongside The Punisher.
- Mirror Match: Sabretooth copies a lot of Wolverine's moves as a boss. There's also the other Wolverines clad in comic gear that have to be defeated to unlock them for use in the main game.
- Vocal Dissonance: Steve Blum provided the deep voice of Wade Wilson.