Young Justice : Legacy developed by Freedom Factory Studios and published by Little Orbitnote is a multiplayer action RPG video game tie-in to the animated series Young Justice. It takes places in the 5-years gap between season one and two.
Batman sends the Team in Greece to investigate the abduction of archeologist Helena Sandsmark. It turns out that the Light is using her to find artifacts of Babylonian origin.
The game provides examples of the following tropes:
- Bittersweet Ending: It's a Foregone Conclusion if you've watched season 2 of the animated series. The Team successfully defeats Tiamat but Aquagirl sacrifices herself in the process. A grieving Aqualad leaves the Team and appoints Nightwing as the Leader.
- Broken Pedestal: Aqualad lashes out at his king after learning that the latter hid the fact that Black Manta is Aqualad's true father.
- Dismantled MacGuffin : The Light's goal is to recover the fragments of the Tiamat statue that are scattered across the world. It's the key to summon the beast itself.
- Downloadable Content: Wonder Girl, Lagoon Boy, Bumblebee and Blue Beetle are playable DLC characters.
- Escort Mission: One mission revolves around protecting Green Lantern John Stewart and civilians while evacuating the crumbling museum.
- Heroic Sacrifice:
- According to the Legend, the Mesopotamian hero Marduk gave his life to seal Tiamat away and protect humanity.
- Aquagirl sacrifices herself to destroy Tiamat for good.
- Interface Spoiler: Played straight: the level selection spoils all five locations of the game at the very beginning. Psimon's appearance as a boss is also spoiled as he appears on the picture of his level.
- Interquel: The game takes place in the 5 year gap between seasons 1 and 2 of the show (January 1 2011 - January 1 2016), more specifically on February 16, 17 and 18 2015.
- Loads and Loads of Loading: There are sometimes loadings in a single cutscene!
- Luke, I Am Your Father: Kaldur learns from Aquaman about his true parentage Black Manta is his true father not Calvin Durhan.
- No Sidepaths, No Exploration, No Freedom : There are a few secret zones behind obvious breakable walls but otherwise the game is just about following a linear path.
- "Not Important to This Episode" Camp: Aqualad briefly mentions that Bumblebee and Lagoon Boy are on special assignment which is why they don't appear in the story.
- Obvious Beta: The levels are scattered with chests that are all empty once you open them.
- Rewatch Bonus: Episode 7 of Young Justice: Outsiders reveals that the hero Marduk, Aquagirl's inspiration for sacrificing herself, was truly series Big Bad and the Light's very own immortal Contemporary Caveman Vandal Savage... begging the question, was Tula's death a Senseless Sacrifice?
- Sealed Evil in a Can: The alien weapon Tiamat was sealed in a Temple by the demi god Marduk.
- The Unreveal: Whatever Klarion (and by extension the Light) intended to do with Tiamat. He denies to Nightwing that he wants to use it to destroy the world but refuses to give further details.