Three boys, two girls and a dog were going to Jelly Land for a fun day, but a wizard appears before them and turns them all into slimes. They are then captured and held in various attractions... all except Marine, the blue slime. Now Marine has to go save his friends and defeat the wizard in hopes of restoring themselves to their original form.
Each of the six slimes have their own special ability: Marine can shoot balls at enemies, Mint tosses the star on her head like a boomerang, York can dash across the screen (he can also fall like a rock if the player jumps from a ceiling while holding the down button), Sienna's tail can be used for a slow descent, Carm can climb down certain ledges, and Ed produces balls that float in the air for a bit before going off like a bomb.
This game contains examples of:
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: In the bad ending, the words "A HAPPY ENDING" drops onto a black screen, then slightly iris in on Ed, who says, "You think?"
- Forced Transformation: All of the protagonists are forcefully turned into slimes.
- Giant Mook: There are mice that are twice the size of standard mice, and they take twice as many attacks. There are also giant clown heads in the final level.
- Informed Ability: Carm's animation on the character select screen is her swimming animation, but in actuality she swims no better than the others — her real ability is to climb down certain ledges.
- Morphic Resonance: Mint has a star in her hair, and Carm has a bow in hers. They retain both of these as slimes.
- Spell My Name With An S: York is changed to "Yolk" in the Fan Translation. Also the game's own title compared to the previous game, but this may have been intentional since Jerry does not reappear.
- Tertiary Sexual Characteristics: Carm is the only pink slime of the group, and she wears a bow to boot.
- This Was His True Form: Interestingly, your character remains in slime form when killed, but the angel that arises is in his/her original form.
- Unexpected Shmup Level: Played with in Stage 4 of Gimmick Woods — you are put on top of a malfunctioning plane that automatically goes up and down and you can only make it go left and right, but otherwise the gameplay remains unchanged.