Three boys, two girls and a dog were going to Jelly Land for a fun day, but a wizard appears before them and turns them all into slimes. They are then captured and held in various attractions... all except Marine, the blue slime. Now Marine has to go save his friends and defeat the wizard in hopes of restoring themselves to their original form.
Each of the six slimes have their own special ability: Marine can shoot balls at enemies, Mint tosses the star on her head like a boomerang, York can dash across the screen (he can also fall like a rock if the player jumps from a ceiling while holding the down button), Sienna's tail can be used for a slow descent, Carm can climb down certain ledges, and Ed produces balls that float in the air for a bit before going off like a bomb.
This game contains examples of:
- Aerith and Bob: Ed is the only one of the group with a normal name.
- Baleful Polymorph: All of the protagonists are forcefully turned into slimes.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: In the bad ending, the words "A HAPPY ENDING" drops onto a black screen, then slightly iris in on Ed, who says, "You think?"
- Everything Fades: Every enemy you kill disappears in a small explosion.
- Giant Mook: There are mice that are twice the size of standard mice, and they take twice as many attacks. There are also giant clown heads in the final level.
- Improbable Weapon User: Mint uses the star on her head as a boomerang.
- Informed Ability: Carm's animation on the character select screen is her swimming animation, but in actuality she swims no better than the others — her real ability is to climb down certain ledges.
- Morphic Resonance: Mint has a star in her hair, and Carm has a bow in hers. They retain both of these as slimes.
- Obvious Beta: Averted for the most part since the leaked ROM is very late in development and can be fully completed, but closer inspection shows minor lack of polish. Some of the audio still appears to be unimplemented, in particular the ending theme which freezes on a note partway through the credits.
- This Was His True Form: Interestingly, your character remains in slime form when killed, but the angel that arises is in his/her original form.
- Unexpected Shmup Level: Played with in Stage 4 of Gimmick Woods — you are put on top of a malfunctioning plane that automatically goes up and down and you can only make it go left and right, but otherwise the gameplay remains unchanged.
- Wrap Around Background: In Stage 1 of Wonder Space, you pass by the moon twice, for example.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Marine has blue hair, Mint has green hair, and Ed has purple hair. York and Carm avert it, though the latter inexplicably has pink hair when she dies.