Boogerman: A Pick and Flick Adventure is a 1994 Platform Game made by Interplay Entertainment for the Sega Genesis in 1994 and the Super Nintendo Entertainment System in 1995, with a strong focus on Toilet Humor.
Snotty Ragsdale is an Eccentric Millionaire who takes a janitorial job at Professor Stinkbaum's lab to investigate a machine which vows to get rid off all of the world's pollution to another dimension. During this time, he accidentally sneezes into the machine and a hand grabs the power source, causing Snotty to go into the other dimension and retrieve it. He became a playable character in ClayFighter 63⅓ for the Nintendo 64, where he's The Rival to Earthworm Jim.
The game contains examples of:
- 1-Up: Sometimes found within the levels, but more often than not, getting one of these requires you to collect 30 or more plungers and pop about 10 or more pimples when you reach the end of the level.
- Absurdly Spacious Sewer: The toilets in the levels lead you to these types of bonus areas.
- All Love Is Unrequited: Revolta has a crush on Boogerman. One of her attacks has her send out a face that tries to kiss you.
- Almighty Janitor: Boogerman's civilian day job.
- Bookends: The game ends as it began, with Boogerman flushing himself down a toilet. The difference this time is that it shoots you up to the first floor of the game rather than down.
- Breath Weapon: Chilies allow Boogerman to belch flames.
- Charged Attack: Burps and farts can be made into projectiles if you give it a little time. This can be upgraded further with chilies, giving them extra damage as the gas ignites.
- Down the Drain: Exaggerated, the whole game is set here. Taken Up to Eleven in special stages as they flush you down even further.
- Evil Counterpart: Booger Meister to Boogerman, right down to the farts, burps, and being rich.
- Fun with Flushing:Boogerman will flush himself down toilets to enter a sewer loaded with powerups and enemies. It's also how the Big Bad is defeat, er, defecated in this manner as our hygienically-challenged hero burps him into the toilet; flushing him away for good.
- Gasshole: Both Boogerman and the Booger Meister are this. Boogerman can find a Chili Power-Up which utilizes his farts as a jetpack.
- Gosh Darn It to Heck!: In a Gross-Out Show of a game packed with Toilet Humor, what's the one line they won't cross? Calling a fart a fart. It's a "frrt."
- Idle Animation: The most prominent one Boogerman has is picking his nose, eating it, and then grinning at the player embarrassedly as he realizes they were watching.
- Improbable Weapon User: Hickboy fights by throwing his chicken at you like a Boomerang and firing eggs from it.
- The protagonist himself, really. Flicking booger projectiles and setting your belches on fire isn't exactly standard practice in a platformer.
- Lantern Jaw of Justice: Taken up to quite possibly twelve. His chin is so long and thick that it hangs past his chest. It's put to good use for his mouth with some of his reaction-takes, however.
- Mundane Made Awesome: Provided you find the rare chilli and with sufficient energy, it's possible to turn your fumes into a functional jetpack. Just, roll with it, alright?
- Non-Idle Rich: Despite rolling in dough, Snotty Ragswell spends his time as a janitor at a research lab.
- Pre Ass Kicking One Liner: All the bosses give one except for Hickboy, who just laughs.
- Sega Hard: Not at first for the first 1.5 stages, but the game starts to grind as the already long and full of mooks acts just increases bothfactors in each level's second half. And did we mention the powerups were stingy to start with?
- The bosses are pretty fiendish as well, as their attacks come fast and can be rather hard to dodge. This coupled with the fact you only have one hit before you become a one-hit kill. Trying to input the power-up restore code while in the heat of battle won't help, since you'll most likely be taken out before you can finish it.
- Red Is Heroic: Boogerman wears a red cape.
- Toilet Humor: The whole point of this game. There are even water closets to flush Boogerman down!
- Toilet Teleportation: The extremely gross superhero travels extensively by toilet, including in the opening cutscene. In-game, toilets provide access to secret levels.
- Top-Heavy Guy: Although padded with a bit of extra chunk, Boogerman's got quite the Heroic Build....from the torso up...
- Volumetric Mouth: The line between mouth and chin gets a bit blurry with some of his reactions, which is saying something considering just how MUCH chin he has.