Also has a 2009 sequel, Boom Blox Bash Party, though neither game has yet to sell all that well.
Boom Blox contains examples of:
- Always Chaotic Evil: Monkeys are ALWAYS bad guys in Adventure mode. Their evilness ranges from throwing explosives everywhere to being the Big Bad of the story.
- Excuse Plot: Some stuff about animals doing stuff... never mind, just throw stuff!
- Stuff Blowing Up: There's more than one type of block in the game that can be rather explosive.
- The Tetris Effect
- The Wild West: This is one of the adventure campaigns.
- Wreaking Havok: The whole point of the game.