In this game of Steven Spielberg's making, the player is treated to a colorful world full of blocky-looking animal characters and blocks that you are expected to knock over. This physics simulator is generally played using a single Wii remote, but can have up to four players. There is also a well-designed level editor for fan-made content.
Also has a sequel, Boom Blox Bash Party, though neither game has yet to sell all that well.
Boom Blox contains examples of:
- Always Chaotic Evil: Monkeys are ALWAYS bad guys in Adventure mode. Their evilness ranges from throwing explosives everywhere to being the Big Bad of the story.
- Excuse Plot: Some stuff about animals doing stuff... never mind, just throw stuff!
- Stuff Blowing Up: There's more than one type of block in the game that can be rather explosive.
- The Tetris Effect
- The Wild West: This is one of the adventure campaigns.
- Wreaking Havok: The whole point of the game.