Borrowed Time is a video game developed by Interplay Entertainment and published by Activision released in 1985 for Apple ][, Atari ST, Commodore 64, IBM Personal Computer and Apple Macintosh. It's an Adventure Game in which you control a detective who searches for his kidnapped wife and solves several cases while being on the run from criminals. Commands are typed into a parser and there's a small window showing what the area you're in looks like.
The game was rereleased as Time to Die by Mastertronic.
Not to be confused with the 2016 animated short film.
This game provides examples of:
- Fainting: Bruce Light, being a very fragile man, flops unconscious to the floor from fear due to questioning.
- Fat Bastard: Farnham is an overweight mafia boss.
- Press X to Die: Just type in "KILL ME" and the game will be happy to oblige.
- Stalked by the Bell: You always have to be on the move, because if you stay in one room too long, the thugs will get you (and no, shooting them doesn't work).
- Video Game Cruelty Punishment: Killing people you're not supposed to, like the window cleaner, results in going to jail and a game over.