- All-Star Cast:
- Greg Kinnear, Jim Broadbent, Amanda Bynes, Jennifer Coolidge, Drew Carey, Mel Brooks, Ewan McGregor, Robin Williams, Jay Leno, Halle Berry, and James Earl Jones (who makes an appearance via stock Darth Vader audio, yet still gets his name in the credits) all have major roles in the film.
- The cast for the Swedish dubs consist largely of this; Robert Gustafsson, often dubbed Sweden's funniest comedian, voices Fender; a group of other famous comedians, like Henrik Hjelt and Mikael Tornvig voices some of the main characters; Piper is voiced by A-Teens star Marie Serneholt; Rodney and Ratchet are voiced by the brothers in the Wahlgren family (often cited as the Swedish equivalent of the Kardashians in fame); Bigweld is voiced by 60's singer Svante Thuresson.
- Alternative Foreign Theme Song: The Latin American Spanish dub has "Un Héroe Real/A True Hero", which was performed by Rodney's VA, Aleks Syntek.
- Celebrity Voice Actor: In the Latin American Spanish dub, Rodney is voiced by pop singer Aleks Syntek.
- Cross-Dressing Voices: Jim Broadbent plays the female Madame Gasket.
- Deleted Scene:
- Rodney has an extended conversation with Tim.
- Lug and Diesel play a ball game and the ball turns out to be a little robot.
- Early Draft Tie-In: The video game has introductory scenes for each level taken from scenes in the movie with Herb Copperbottom narrating, but the cross-town express scene shows Rodney sharing a pod with a knitting old woman instead of Fender.
- Fake American:
- Scottish Ewan McGregor, who fakes an American accent for The Hero Rodney Copperbottom.
- Holton cum Beckering-born Jim Broadbent as Madame Gasket.
- The Other Darrin: Several roles in the movie were redubbed for the UK release (e.g. Ratchet's father, voiced by co-writer Lowell Ganz in the US version, is replaced by Terry Wogan), most notably Loretta Geargrinder (Natasha Lyonne gets redubbed by Cat Deeley).
- Playing Against Type:
- Sex symbol Jennifer Coolidge as an elderly grandmother-type with a comically oversized rear.
- Stanley Tucci, who usually plays bad guys, criminals, or slimy, unscrupulous liars, as Rodney's loving, devoted, but laidback father.
- Playing Gertrude: Robin Williams and Amanda Bynes voice siblings Fender and Piper Pinwheeler, even though at the time of the film's release Williams was 54 years old and Bynes was only 18.
- Preview Piggybacking: The first trailer for Ice Age: The Meltdown and the final trailer for Revenge of the Sith (which also featured Ewan McGregor) were attached to screenings of the film.
- Real-Life Relative:
- In the Latin American Spanish dub, real-life sisters Sylvia and Rocío Garcel play Aunt Fanny and Mrs. Copperbottom, respectively. Interestingly enough, Rocío's husband, Jorge Roig, voiced Madame Gasket.
- In the Swedish dub, the voice actors for Rodney and Ratchet are brothers in real life.
- Those Two Actors: Ewan McGregor and Jim Broadbent previously starred in Moulin Rouge!.
Trivia / Robots