Eat Bulaga! is a Filipino variety show. It began in 1979 and has since produced over 10,000 episodes; it has the highest episode count for any Filipino TV show.
The series is hosted by mainstays referred to as "Dabarkads" and consists of various segments primarily consisting of competitions and similar events reminiscent of game shows.
An Indonesian version called Eat Bulaga! Indonesia also exists.
Eat Bulaga! contains the following tropes:
- all lowercase letters: The logo sometimes renders it as eat bulaga!
- Audience Participation: It's pretty common for the hosts to interact with the audience in some way. For example, they might take selfies with smiling audience members.
- Birthday Episode: They'll often celebrate people's birthdays, such as celebrating Alden's birthday on January 2, 2019.
- Christmas Episode: Special Christmas segments are shown in episodes that air around that time of year.
- Excited Show Title!: Eat Bulaga!
- Heartbeat Soundtrack: In the segment Jackpot En Poy, the sound of a heart beating plays before people decide whether to throw rock, paper, or scissors.
- Long-Runner Cast Turnover: The first three Dabarkads, Vic Sotto, Tito Sotto, and Joey de Leon, are still on the show even after all these years. The cast of co-hosts, on the other hand, has seen constant changes throughout the show's run.
- New Year Has Come: The show celebrates New Year 2019 in the January 1, 2019 episode.
- Please Subscribe to Our Channel: The YouTube description asks you to "SUBSCRIBE to our channel now to get exclusive videos and full episodes of Eat Bulaga! Be with your favorite Dabarkads 24/7!"
- Product Placement: Certain segments are sponsored by Ajinomoto, Coca-Cola, etc.
- Pun: The phrase "Juan For All, All For Juan" is a pun on the phrase "all for one, one for all" and the name Juan.
- RockPaperScissors: The segment Jackpot En Poy is a rockpaperscissors tournament for a cash prize.
- Shout-Out: The name of EB Fone Home, a segment of the show which ran from 2004 to 2006, is a reference to the quote "E.T. phone home".
- Valentine's Day Episode: The segment Heart to Get is about finding good dates for Valentine's Day.