Danny, Claire, and Colleen go after Gao's operation, while Joy and Ward fight for their place in the company.
- The Alcoholic: Zhou Cheng is one, even drinking while he fights.
- Ass Kicks You: Zhou Cheng uses this move on Danny during their fight.
- Blackmail: How Joy proposes the Meachums get back into the Board of Directors. She has had Jessica Jones take pictures of Lawrence, among other members, either committing white-collar crimes or having affairs.
- Blood from the Mouth: Danny starts spitting this up after one too many kicks to the chest.
- Bonding Over Missing Parents: After Danny tells Colleen and Claire about how his parents died in the plane crash, Colleen tells Danny how her father sent her to live with her grandparents after her mother died.Danny: It doesn't matter how much anyone else cares for you. It's not the same.
Colleen: Part of me is sorry you understand that.
Danny: And the rest?
Colleen: Is glad I found you.
- Brutal Honesty: Claire is very blunt with Danny and what she thinks of his plan as well as the faulty logic behind it, rather coldly.
- Can't Kill You, Still Need You: Gao thinks this of Danny, deciding instead to kill his friends.
- Continuity Nod:
- Claire refers to the events of Season 2 of Daredevil (2015) multiple times.
- Claire is seen to be writing letters to Luke Cage, and Danny notes that she has reread the same letter three times.
- Joy says she hired a private investigator some time ago to investigate the Board. She says she did good work...when she was sober.
- Designated Girl Fight: Colleen gets into a sword fight with a female member of the Hand.
- Did You Just Have Sex?: Claire easily figures out that Danny and Colleen are sleeping together.Claire: You don't have to say anything. It's written all over your face. "Danny Rand got some".
- Drunken Master: Zhou Cheng is this in spades, drunk off his ass and still throwing Danny around with ease.
- Elite Mook: The female Hand member gives Colleen one hell of a fight.
- Everyone Can See It: Claire at least can easily tell that there is something going on between Colleen and Danny. Danny in turn sees that she has a connection to Luke, as she keeps reading the same letter over and over.
- 555: In China, a truck at Gao's operation is painted with business information in Chinese characters, including a phone number that is nothing but 5's.
- Flipping the Bird: Before driving off, Claire takes the time to flip off a Hand guard.
- Grievous Bottley Harm: Zhou Cheng uses his liquor bottles as improvised flails and projectiles.
- Irony: Lampshaded. Lawrence offers Ward and Joy the exact same severance that the two of them had initially offered Danny to pay him off.
- It Has Been an Honor: Played for Laughs.Claire: I just wanted you to know... I should never have come to China with you.
Danny: (deadpan) Seems fair.
- Jerkass Has a Point: Despite it being a strong case of Never My Fault, Ward is ultimately correct that Danny was incredibly naive to think that The Hand would simply take him destroying their drug trafficking ring in New York without reprisal.
- Kick the Dog: Ward blames Harold's demise on Danny and tells him he is a cancer that needs to stay away from the Meachums. Despite him being the one who killed his father in the first place, and the fact that Danny hadn't really done anything to either of them. Also doubles as Never My Fault.
- Let's Get Dangerous!: Claire, normally a bystander, puts on some Tekagi-shuko after being cornered by Gao and her mooks and even manages to kill one.
- Moment Killer: Danny and Colleen are about to kiss after Bonding Over Missing Parents when Claire wakes up from her nap in the car.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Even after Danny defeats Zhou Cheng, Danny continues to pummel his face bloody. After Claire and Colleen snap him back to reality, Danny is visibly horrified by what he did.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Danny delivers a brutal one to Zhou Cheng.
- Not So Above It All: Much to Ward's surprise, Joy, normally the far more grounded of the Meachum siblings, is willing to collect blackmail material against the board of directors.
- Oh, Crap!: The usually imperturbable Madame Gao loses her cool when it looks like Danny is going to punch her with the Iron Fist.
- Out, Damned Spot!: Ward keeps hallucinating on seeing blood ever since he killed his father.
- Poisoned Weapons: Gao's bodyguards have these.
- Rage Breaking Point: Danny has a brief one when Claire and Colleen ask him what he plans to do in China, not having made an exact plan because of the emotional pressure he is in.
- Reality Ensues: Danny is noticeably uncomfortable (and even suffers what appears to be an anxiety attack) on an airplane, just like anyone who experienced an extreme trauma like that would be in that situation.
- Secret Secret-Keeper: Joy reveals she has always known about Ward's drug abuse, she just kept quiet because he was a Functional Addict.
- Smug Snake: Lawrence acts insufferably smug during the meeting with the Meachums.
- Tainted Veins: The poison on the Hand's weapons causes infected peoples' veins to turn black.
- Thou Shalt Not Kill: Claire holds this view and she doesn't approve of the idea of Danny killing Madame Gao.
- Took a Level in Badass: Claire is actually able to hold her own when helping Danny and Colleen fight Gao's bodyguards.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Danny is mortally afraid of the shaking inside the plane, thanks to what happened years ago.
- Wolverine Claws: Prior to the fight with Gao's mooks, Claire grabs a pair of Tekko-kagi off of a nearby weapons rack.
- You Are Not Alone: Claire and Colleen are quick to tell Danny he will not be fighting the Hand alone.
- You Fight Like a Cow: Zhou Cheng taunts Danny throughout their fight, comparing his fighting style to a child throwing a tantrum.
- You Killed My Father: Danny learns that Gao poisoned his family jet's pilots, and nearly kills her in blind rage because of it.