open/close all folders
- Many of the playful antics that occur between Gon and Killua. Also, with Gon's Incorruptible Pure Pureness and the fact that Killua is quite literally a child assassin, their opinion over matters clash often enough. This leads to Killua being at a loss at how to respond to Gon's naivete. Cue a few deadpan snarks and sweat drops.
- Any time someone hears that Leorio is only a teenager.
- This is even brought up during the Third Phase of the Hunter Exam. During Leorio's square off with one of the Prisoners in a tower, he sets up a gambling competition. Gon suggests that Leorio have the prisoner bet how old he is for a cheap and easy win. Which could have possibly worked, since even she was stumped.
Hunter Exam Arc
- Kurapika and Leorio arguing over how Gon should go about his duties, should he become a Hunter. Kurapika believes that Hunters should be responsible, loyal defenders of all that is good. Leorio is all about the fame and fortune. Things get so heated, they end up shouting at each other. Then failing to convince the other, they turn screaming to the uneasy Gon, demanding his opinion.
- During the first phase inside the tunnel, when Kurapika and Leorio are running together side by side, with the idea that they look lame and stupid (Leorio takes his upper clothing off while Kurapika takes off his tabard), Killua and Gon passed by. Then there's this:Gon: See you ahead, KurapikaKillua: I'm going ahead, old man (Ossan) *referring to Leorio*Leorio: I'm not an Ossan! Like you guys, I'm still in my teens!
- Cue thunderstruck and surprised look by Gon, Killua and Kurapika.
- In the second phase, Menchi sends out the applicants to search for the ingredients they need to prepare the dishes. At some point, Hisoka is shown... calmly emerging from a lake, carrying a fish in his mouth as if he was a cat.
- The overall Mood Whiplash in the fight between Gon and Hanzo. Gon is initially subjected to over three hours of Cold-Blooded Torture by Hanzo because Gon refuses to forfeit. Hanzo, losing patience, threatens to chop off Gon's arm, but then Gon counters that if he bleeds out, Hanzo will be disqualified anyway, so they're technically at an impasse. Not only is Gon correct, but the examiners and the other applicants, even Hisoka, start cracking up over Gon backing Hanzo into a corner despite spending the entire match getting beaten up.
- And Gon isn't even trying to be clever; he, as far as he sees it, is pointing out the facts and suggests they find another way to hash it out.
Heaven's Arena Arc
- Killua explains to Gon the difference in strengths between Hisoka, Hanzo and himself by drawing lines on the ground that are about a foot in length, then he shows Gon's position by drawing a line of over several yards.
- Killua muses to himself that he was being generous about that judgement!
- When Wing demonstrates the power of Nen to Zushi by tearing a page out of a book and using it to slice a can in half from across the room:Zushi:Master...I didn't... have a chance to read that book yet.Wing: Huh?Zushi (crying): And that can of juice was mine...Wing (stuttering): S-sorry.
- Blaise showing off her nen abilities. She kisses the guy next to her, mind controls through said kiss, and then flat-out enacts a S&M scene in front of the others via pressing her heeled foot to his crotch while he begs for more.
- Killua and Leorio's reactions the moment they realize that Gon PAWNED his irreplaceable Hunter's License.
- When Kurapika calls to blackmail the Spiders He tells them three demands that he wants the Spiders to follow without protest, one of which is that they must not hurt their captive, Gon and Killua. Phinks replies that the two put up so much of a struggle—what if a few of their bones were already broken?Kurapika: Then we're done negotiating. *hangs up*Phinks: *calls back* Sorry. I lied.
- Machi and Nobunaga promptly punch him in the head while Pakunoda takes the call.
- Hisoka's flat reaction upon learning that he can't fight the Phantom Troupe leader Chrollo because Kurapika sealed his nen. The fact that he was actively staying with the troupe in order to find an opportunity to fight him makes this scene all the more hilarious.
- Gon and Killua enter the auction to get a copy of Greed Island only to bump into Phinks and Feitan. There's a long pause while it sinks in, then they tear out of there in less time then it takes to blink.
Greed Island Arc
- Gon and Killua initially refuse to accept Biscuit as their mentor because (among other things) they already have a Nen mentor in Wing.Biscuit: "That goofy kid with the messy hair and who can't keep his shirt tucked in?"
- Gon, Killua, and Biskie need to fool a watcher into thinking they're splitting up. Bisky's solution? Randomly slapping Killua across the face in the middle of a conversation. After a beat of Stunned Silence as Gon looks on in shock, Killua runs with it.
- Biscuit's internal gushing over how much potential Gon and Killua have as Nen users. She compares them to raw and uncut gems that just need the right amount of heat and pressure to become dazzling.
- Biscuit's Training from Hell for Gon and Killua.
- The 288th Hunter Exam. Killua decides to take a break from playing Greed Island with Gon to go and finally pass the Hunter's Exam. Killua decides he wants to be the only applicant to pass so during the first stage of the exam he knocks out every other applicant. Netero finds this funny and decides to pass Killua on the spot.
- In the 2011 version, Zepile is amongst the applicants. When Killua encounters him, he pauses, cheerfully notes his presence before knocking the poor man out without mercy.
- Gon, Killua, and Bisky discover a strange name on the roster: Chrollo Lucifer, the head of the Phantom Troupe. They quickly put together that this, of all things in the game, is especially suspicious because his Nen was sealed by Kurapika, and he couldn't have possibly gotten it all back this quickly. So, they decide to warp to his location, only to discover a fully naked Hisoka greeting them]]. Cue Oh, Crap! faces.
- In both the anime and the manga, he develops his signature crotch glow as he speaks to Gon and Killua. However, the difference between the two mediums lies in how the scene is portrayed. In the manga, they just outright showed the glow. The 2011 anime however figured it too racy and instead showed the trio's reactions to it. The boys are understandably uncomfortable, but when the camera cuts to Bisky, she's Eating the Eye Candy and drooling her brains out.
- The group goes looking for strong players who aren't interested in collecting cards, so they hit upon the idea of asking Hisoka for help. When they find him, he's in the middle of bathing and as he's commenting on how strong Gon and Killua have gotten, they find themselves staring at his...bits and pieces...as their eyes slooowly rise upwards. Their horrified expressions are hilarious enough, but Bisky's drooling over how attractive Hisoka is is what caps it.
- When the group is walking with Hisoka, his gaze focuses on Gon and Killua's butts. The boys, feeling his pleasure, utterly panic and force him to walk in front.
- The group travels to a place called AiAi, the City of Love, where players can live out romance plots that use every cliche in the book, including the "glasses falling off" Meet Cute, and the Tsundere Meet Cute. Hisoka even explains the tropes associated with these scenarios and how you should play them out if you want the "relationship" to progress (handing the girl her glasses, being rude to the Tsundere at first so she can eventually warm up to you after the required rocky start). The kicker is when Gon tries to help a girl being accosted by a stock anime gang, only for Killua and Biscuit to smack him for falling for the biggest cliche of them all. Even though Biscuit herself was all too eager to indulge in a romantic Shojo plot line.
- The way Gon and Killua treat Tsuzegura after he shows them his Ren.
- Biscuit's transformation, while Awesome, is funny is hilarious for her abruptly undersized clothing her own blunt opinion of its appearance.
- The 'Greed Island Tutorial' skits involving Super-Deformed versions of Gon and Killua explaining various cards.
- One case has them Clone a card that was basically a gold-dust girl nude in a bathtub. Gon innocently uses Gain on it - which makes it "real," as Killua instantly gets hearts in his eyes and sends Gon flying by sheer proximity to the sudden movement. A later one actually has Gon transform another card at Killua's silent command and do this again; cue Killua flying off with a Nosebleed that rockets him off the screen.
- Other cases involve things such as ol' Bisky punching Killua out for calling her a hag, Gon contacting aliens, Gon getting a Luminescent Blush at the sight of a giant Killua when talking about a card's range, and Gon's response when Killua describes the card that hides the cards within one's binder:
Chimera Ant Arc
- When Knuckles challenged Gon to punch him once, Gon took up the offer and Knuckle's reaction is hilarious to watch.
- Knuckle tries to explain how his Nen power, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, works when he fights Gon seriously. Gon's so lost on the mathematics and mechanics of it all that his brains metaphorically fry out from the stress.
- Killua's reaction when finds out Gon is a Kid-anova who has dated older women.
- When Killua is running with Komugi on his back. Komugi doesn't really know what's going on. All she knows is that some people showed up in the castle, injured her and then said she was their hostage. Killua was trying to protect her, but she understandably thought that he was kidnapping her and Pouf (someone whose voice she recognized) was trying to save her. She reacts by pulling Killua's hair◊ and telling him he's weird because he feels all "tingly." When Killua asks her "you trust an insect like him over me?!" she responds "what do you mean an insect?!" because she has no idea what the people she's been staying with all this time looked like. Killua deems that it would take too much time to explain it to her and knocks her out.
- After nearly hundreds of chapters abscent, Leorio's grand re-entrance into the series is capped off by him yelling over the phone that they got his name wrong again.
- In a case of Black Comedy, Hisoka asks Illumi if he can killnote Killua. Illumi immediately goes into a cold rage, saying he will kill Hisoka right then and there. Then he realizes Killua's detected him.Illumi: You did that on purpose, didn't you?
Hisoka: No way.
- Leorio's campaign speech, where he openly declares that he'll abuse his authority and treat the Hunter Association like his own private property.
- Crosses over with Heartwarming Moments: when Morel overhears the Chimera Ant child that Colt's been taking care of proclaim her name's not Reina, but Kite, he almost trips over himself scrambling down the hospital hallway to tell Gon and Killua the news.
- When Ging and Gon finally meet, the latter immediately launches into an apology for how Kite got turned into a girl.
- The way Ging is shouted at by the entire Hunter Association for being a horrible dad.Gon:Ging, can we talk more later?
Ging:I dunno, I'm a pretty busy man.
Crowd: ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME GING?!?! AND YOU CALL YOURSELF A FATHER?!
Crowd: GING'S THE WORST, GING'S THE WORST, GING'S THE WORST!
Crowd: YOU NEED TO APOLOGIZE TO GON! PROMISE HIM "I'll be a good father from now onwards."''!!!
Crowd: NO YOU KNOW WHAT?! YOU NEED TO STOP ACTING LIKE SOME GREAT, ALL-KNOWING DAD!!!
Crowd: HAVE LEORIO PUNCH YOU AGAIN!
Ging: What?! Guh!! This has nothing to do with you people!!!
- Eventually, decides the appropriate response is fighting every single person in the stands, hundreds of Hunters at once ''and wininning''.
Dark Continent Arc
- Belarainte is a licensed Hunter who's Nen-enabled. The first thing we hear him say?Belarainte: "Uh-huh-huh. She said 'intimate.'"
- One of Prince Marayam's guards, who is skeptical about the existence of Nen, getting turned on by Bisky in her giant form when she transforms to prove just how real it is."How can someone so...so beautiful exist?!"
- A bit of Black Comedy after Chrollo reveals he can no longer use Neon's fortune telling abilityShizuku: That book of yours boss, it's pretty much like a Death Note, isn't it?Chrollo: ...Bonolenov: Shizuku, keep your thoughts to yourself.
Nightmare of Zoldyck Musical
- In one scene, Hisoka is forcing Milluki, Kalluto, Kikyo, and all the Zoldyck butlers (plus Zeno, who thought it looked like fun and asked to join in) to dance with his Bungee Gum, and has reached his ten-person limit when Illumi comes in and starts dancing with everybody, looking like he's having the time of his life and ignoring a confused Hisoka calling his name and pointing out that he's not making Illumi do anything. He keeps going for about thirty seconds, and it's only when he's finished that he turns to Hisoka and asks, "What are you doing to my family?"
Milluki: You can't succeed the Zoldyck family if you make friends!Kalluto: Or if you're too fat.Milluki: KALLUTO!
- Despite initially panicking, Milluki finds one benefit to being forced to dance. "I'm getting thinner!"
- During the song "Family," Kalluto goes Deadpan Snarker on his big brother:
- After the family party, Milluki takes another, similar hit, this time from Zeno:Milluki: Those guys...They say I'm fat, an otaku, they mock me! Unforgivable!Zeno: Look...Everyone can see you're a fat otaku just by looking at you.Milluki: I know that! It pisses me off!
- After Hisoka fights Zeno and Silva and leaves, there's this exchange:Zeno: Crafty man...Silva: Man?
- Illumi tells Hisoka that he has a Switch that will return Killua to his "original" self, a bloodthirsty killer. Hisoka asks to know just what it is, but Illumi won't say because he knows Hisoka will spill his secret if he does. Hisoka keeps asking Illumi to tell him, and then Illumi gets the most devious little smile on his face and says he will...but only if Hisoka lets him see his face without makeup. Hisoka immediately refuses:Hisoka: No way! Putting on this makeup takes a lot of time! (sees that Illumi has gone offstage and chases after him) Hey, tell me!
- Even funnier is that Illumi was exactly right: the very next thing Hisoka does is tell the first good guy he finds (Kurapika) everything he knows about the Switch.