A crossover between Your Name and Persona 4 and Persona 5 written by Shirou_San, Your [True] Name is a retelling of the stories of Taki Tachibana and Mitsuha Miyamizu, now integrated into the plots of Persona 5 and Persona 4 respectively.
This Fan Fic contains examples of:
- Actor Allusion: Joker mentions he can flawlessly imitate the Super Smash Bros. announcer, a reference to how Xander Mobus voices both characters.
- Adaptation Expansion: The woman Shido was assaulting before the events of Persona 5 is Okudera in this version of the story.
- Adapted Out: Word of God confirmed that Marie from Persona 4 Golden is one of the few individuals that is not included in this series due to the authors mass dislike on her existence and views her being irrelevant to both the Investigation Team and Persona 4s story in general. Thus explaining Maries mass absence in Inaba and not being involved with the Investigation Team. Even the author strongly confirmed to everyone that she will not appear in the sequel no matter what.
- Audience Surrogate: Taki and Mitsuha are this once they join their respective groups, and done once more when they switch bodies again.
- Canon Welding: Mitsuha's hometown is now Inaba rather than Itomori, and Taki now attends Shujin Academy. Mitsuha's father's hometown is Mikage-cho.
- Demoted to Extra: For the first act of the story, the Investigation Team and Phantom Thieves take a backseat to Taki and Mitsuha's plot line.
- "Freaky Friday" Flip: As with the source material, Taki and Mitsuha find themselves swapping bodies at random times. Later on, Taki develops the ability to swap with anyone he touches.
- Intercontinuity Crossover: Kazuma Kiryu and Goro Majima from the Yakuza series also make an appearance.
- Let's You and Him Fight: In the final, original-content arc of the story, the Investigation Team and the Phantom Thieves come into conflict due to circumstances and misunderstandings.
- Mythology Gag: A fragment of a comet still factors in to the finale.
- Unexpected Character:
- The Final Boss of the last arc turns out to be Erebus from Persona 3.
- Following the above, the Protagonist from Persona 3 puts in an appearance for the final battle, having briefly swapped bodies with Taki.
- Wham Episode: Chapter 14: Mitsuha and Taki both get their Personas.
- Chapter 18: Taki and the Phantom Thieves find Inaba covered in yellow fog and Mitsuha and most of the Investigation Team possibly dead. Then Taki remembers meeting Mitsuha three years ago and, after some advice from the Fox, manages to swap bodies with her one last time.