Dear Old Dad is a Persona 5 Alternate Universe One-Shot Fic with a simple premise: all the Phantom Thieves of Hearts (minus Joker/Akira Kurusu and Morgana) are abandoned children of Masayoshi Shido, just like Goro Akechi.
Except Akechi only learns this right before the confrontation in Shido's Palace. Hilarity Ensues.
Dear Old Dad contains examples of:
- Adaptational Villainy:
- As vile as Shido was in canon, he was never shown to have attempted rape or sexual assault beyond the incident that got the Protagonist put on probation. Here he's an out-and-out Serial Rapist.
- Yusuke and Haru were conceived as a result of Madarame and Kunikazu Okumura, respectively, pimping their mothers out to Shido. Haru in particular is so disgusted by her "father's" actions that she completely forgives Akechi for killing him.
- Abusive Parents: In addition to his canonical horrific treatment of Akechi, Shido is also Ryuji's abusive Disappeared Dad, drove his daughter Futaba into becoming a suicidally-depressed Hikikomori to cover his own ass, and tried to kill all his bastard children.
- Bi the Way: Joker/Akira casually sleeps with all the Phantom Thieves. Including Akechi.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Ryuji describes Akira as this.
- Child by Rape: Every Phantom Thief except Joker, Morgana, and Ryuji (and maybe Akechi) was sired by Shido under circumstances of questionable or outright non-consent.
- Date Rape: How Ann was conceived.
- Death by Adaptation: The Phantom Thieves resolve to just kill Shido rather than changing his heart.
- Good Stepmother: Or more specifically father in the cases of characters with canonical fathers replaced by Shido, such as Ann and Makoto. This does not include Haru.
- Heroic Bastard: Shido's children are all infinitely better people than him, including Akechi, and he makes a HeelFace Turn.
- Laser-Guided Karma: All of Shido's bastard children team up to take him down.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: Everyone (aside from Joker and, obviously, Morgana), but of all people Ryuji turns out to be Shido's only legitimate child.
- Make an Example of Them: The circumstances that led to Makoto's conception; Shido arranged for her mother to be abducted and brought to him as a warning to her father, who was investigating some Yakuza he was connected with. It didn't work.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Akechi is genuinely horrified when he realizes his murder of Wakaba Isshiki inflicted the exact same circumstances of his awful upbringing upon Futaba.
- Serial Rapist: Shido. See Child by Rape above.
- Sexual Extortion: Shido forced Futaba's mother Wakaba Isshiki to sleep with him under threat of sabotaging her research.
- Spared by the Adaptation: Akechi survives as the Thieves plan for him to Take The Heat after killing Shido.
- Trophy Wife: Shido expected Ryuji's mother would be this. When she wasn't, he left.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: Both Ryuji and Akechi were this. Too bad they got stuck with Masayoshi Shido for a dad, something Ryuji's come to understand and uses to help Akechi out of his belief that his scheme to blackmail his father into respecting him won't work.