Dead Man Switch by Sentinel103 is a Kim Possible fanfic. It's been 20 years since the Lorwardian invasion, Ron is about to have his vengeance.
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Accidental Misnaming: Former cheerleaders Jessica and Liz have forgotten about Ron, and thought his last name was Dumpable.
- All Just a Dream: It's all been Kim's nightmare.
- Call-Back: Shego apparently retired from villainy and became a teacher for real. Kim and Ron's daughter Jenny is in her class.
- Childhood Memory Demolition Team: The Lorwardians apparently chopped down the tree near pre-K where Kim and Ron first meet.Ron: It's all gone now. She's gone, soon I'll be gone too. Nothing that we stood for will be left. Maybe that's for the best...it was too good to be true.
- Death Seeker:
- Ron has become this, since after Kim's death, he feels he has nothing left to lose.
- Tim, since losing his big sister also affected him the most. Jim would always try to get him out of his funk.
- Decapitation Presentation: Warmonga holds up Ron's severed head.Warmonga: Make no mistake! All enemies of the Empire will come to this end if they do not end their foolish attempts to distrupt the Lowardian way of life...
- Fright-Induced Bunkmate: Inverted. After waking up from her nightmare, Kim finds her daughter Jenny in the room noticing she was crying in her sleep. So Kim allowed Jenny to sleep with her and Ron.
- Groin Attack: Ron cut off Warhok's balls.Ron: Looks like you won't be entertaining human girls, anymore...right capon?
- Happily Married: In reality, Kim and Ron are married, and have a daughter named Jenny.
- Heel–Face Turn: Drakken and Dementor. Especially for Drakken, when Shego was executed by the Lorwardians.
- Honorary Uncle: Monique and Tara are like "aunts" to Jenny, likewise Josh is an "uncle" to her. While they weren't acknowledged at the end of the fic, Felix, Bonnie, and Brick could be this to Jenny too.
- Human Head on the Wall: Warmonga shows Ron the severed head of Kim that's mounted on the wall. She taunts Ron further by patting Kim's head in front of him. They also mount the heads of the 15 girls taken to Lorwardia every year.
- I'm a Humanitarian: After the Lorwardians behead 15 teenage girls each year, they feast on their headless bodies.
- Lottery of Doom: Something called a "Dragon's Lottery" was used to chose 15 teenage girls to be taken to Lorwardia to be beheaded, as part of their annual tribute to the Lorwardian Empire.
- The Mole: Brick Flagg
- Named by the Adaptation: Former cheerleaders Jessica and Liz's last names are Simmons and Bancock, respectively. After being married, they're now Mrs. Roland and Mrs. Whelply.
- Off with Her Head!: In the end, Ron Stoppable gets beheaded in Lorwardia, which sets off a weapon to destroy the Lorwardian Star System as revenge for beheading Kim and forcing Earth to send them 15 teenage girls each year to be beheaded as a "tribute".
- Outliving One's Offspring: Parents having to deal with their daughters being kidnapped and taken to Lorwardia to be executed, and being forced to watch them via recordings. Former cheerleader Liz mentioned that's what happened to her niece.
- Posthumous Character: By the time the story starts, Kim and Shego are long gone.
- Public Execution: The fate of Kim, Shego, and the teenage girls. And Ron, who becomes the Lorwardians' last human to execute.
- The Quisling: The humans willingly working for the Lorwardians, especially former bullies Vinnie and Junior. They kidnap teenage girls, rape them, and ship them to Lorwardia.
- Rape Is a Special Kind of Evil: The human traitors who work for the Lorwardians rape the girls before shipping them to Lorwardia. The Lowardians also rape the girls before beheading them.
- Revenge: Ron is going to avenge the death of Kim. Even if it kills him. Which it does.
- Too Good for This Sinful Earth: Kim. Which Ron sees her as, since she didn't deserve to be taken away too soon, especially not the way she did.
- Translation Convention: The Lorwardians speak in their own language when their dialogue is italic and between parenthesis.
- Undead Author: A variation. Kim is dead in her own nightmare and can only helplessly watch Ron's Roaring Rampage of Revenge. Her single-word dialogues are in italic and between parenthesis.
- Undignified Death: Kim was beheaded, while stripped nude, and being watched by a crowd of Lorwardians. This also happened to Shego and the rest of the teenage girls. Ron, the Possibles, Drakken, and the girls’ loved ones were forced to watch their horrible executions via recordings.
- Would Hit a Girl: After the Lorwardians beheaded Kim, they threaten Earth to send 15 teenage girls to their homeworld every year to be beheaded as well, as a "tribute" to them. Near the end, after beheading the latest batch, the Lorwardians consider adding more girls next time.
- Would Hurt a Child: After they taken Kim to be tortured, stripped and beheaded, the Lorwardians begin an annual tribute which 15 teenage girls are taken to be executed the same way. Word of God says the girls' severed heads were given to Lorwardia's elites as trophies, and develop a taste for human flesh. And this has been going on for 20 years before the start of the fic.
- You Should Have Died Instead: Tim blames Ron for Kim's death. Ron doesn't exactly argue against him.