Bryce Dallas Howard (born March 2, 1981 in Los Angeles, California) is an American actress and director. Her family has been dedicated to the entertainment business for a long time — her father is the acclaimed director and former actor Ron Howard, her uncle is actor Clint Howard and her grandfather is the late actor Rance Howard.
Though she had some experience as a stage actress and appearing in her father's films as an extra, most notably in A Beautiful Mind, where she is a student that watches how professor John Nash (Russell Crowe) is taken to a car, she gained recognition when M. Night Shyamalan gave her the lead role as the blind Ivy Walker in The Village. She became some sort of muse for Shyamalan, also appearing in his next film Lady in the Water portraying the water nymph Story.
Since then she has alternated between smaller and big-budget films. Most notably as the blonde Gwen Stacy in Spider-Man 3, the racist southerner Alpha Bitch from The '60s Hilly Holbrook in The Help and as the Workaholic manager (and aunt) Claire Dearing in Jurassic World, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom and Jurassic World: Dominion. She also directed The Mandalorian Chapters 4 and 11, and The Book of Boba Fett Chapter 5.
She is married to actor Seth Gabel and they have two children.
- 1989 - Parenthood as Redheaded Audience Girl
- 1995 - Apollo 13 as Girl in Yellow Dress
- 2000 - How the Grinch Stole Christmas! as Surprised Who
- 2001 - A Beautiful Mind as Harvard Student
- 2004 - The Village as Ivy Walker
- 2005 - Manderlay as Grace
- 2006 - Lady in the Water as Story
- 2006 - As You Like It as Rosalind
- 2007 - Spider-Man 3 as Gwen Stacy
- 2008 - Good Dick as Kissing Woman
- 2009 - Terminator Salvation as Kate Connor
- 2010 - The Twilight Saga: Eclipse as Victoria
- 2010 - Hereafter as Melanie
- 2011 - The Help as Hilly Holbrook
- 2011 - 50/50 as Rachael
- Jurassic Park as Claire Dearing
- 2015 - LEGO Dimensions as Claire Dearing
- 2016 - Pete's Dragon as Grace Meacham
- 2016 - Gold (2016) as Kay
- 2016 - Black Mirror: Nosedive as Lacie
- 2019 - Rocketman as Shelia Eileen Dwight
- Dyeing for Your Art: She's changed her hair color a few times, such as being a blonde in Spider-Man. And in the "inhuman effort" front, Jurassic World forced Howard to learn how to run in high-heels.
- Evil Redhead: Her villainous roles like the vampire mistress Victoria and the bigot Hilly Holbrook.
- Fiery Redhead: Especially Claire Dearing from Jurassic World and Ivy Walker from The Village. Bring up something she doesn't like or dare to touch a beloved one, and she will slap you or throw a thousand tranquilizers at you.Claire: (to Owen) Excuse me! I never wanted a second date!
- Heroes Want Redheads: If she's The Hero's Love Interest.
- The Other Darrin: She has become somewhat notorious for taking over roles once played by other actresses in the same franchise — Terminator Salvation (for Claire Danes' Kate Brewster), The Twilight Saga: Eclipse (for Rachelle Lefevre's Victoria) and even in Lars von Trier's Manderlay (replacing Nicole Kidman's Grace Mulligan).