Claire Catherine Danes (born April 12, 1979 in Manhattan, New York) is an American actress. She has appeared as Angela Chase in My So-Called Life, as Juliet in Baz Luhrmann's Romeo + Juliet, as Cosette in Les Misérables, as Yvaine in Stardust, and as the titular Temple Grandin in the HBO television film. She stars as Carrie Mathison in the Showtime series Homeland. For her work, she has received three Emmy Awards and four Golden Globe Awards.
She married Hugh Dancy in 2009.
She appeared in
- Law & Order
- Little Women
- My So-Called Life
- How to Make an American Quilt
- William Shakespeare's Romeo + Juliet
- The Rainmaker
- Les Misérables (1998)
- The Mod Squad
- Brokedown Palace
- Princess Mononoke
- The Vagina Monologues
- The Hours
- The Rage in Placid Lake
- Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
- The Family Stone
- Me and Orson Welles
- Temple Grandin
- Everyone Loves Blondes: She occasionally play Ms. Fanservice characters.
- The Rain Man: She played one of these as the title character of Temple Grandin, and won multiple awards for doing so, because it was more or less Truth in Television.
- What Could Have Been: She was up for an unspecified role in Schindler's List but she would have had to move to Poland for several months during the school year and the studio couldnt promise her an on-set teacher so her parents declined.