- Played By: Deborah Foreman
Julie is a beautiful, well-liked Valley Girl who is bored dating her Jerk Jock boyfriend for so long. She meets Hollywood punk Randy at a party and is smitten by how different and passionate he is. She later struggles with choosing between him and being ostracized by her crowd.
- Ms. Fanservice: A much more mild example than the rest of the Fanservice in the movie, but we do see Deborah Foreman dance in her underwear and don a bikini.
- Opposites Attract: She's a sweet, popular Valley Girl who falls for a foul-mouthed, free-spirited punk from Hollywood.
Loryn—Played By EG Daily
Loryn is a friend of Julie's who has a somewhat wild reputation among boys. She almost cheats with Julie's boyfriend Tommy and later struggles with the guilt.
- Ms. Fanservice: Gets a topless scene, swimsuit scene, and her prom dress stands out from the others for having a very deep-V corset top.
- Really Gets Around: It's implied she's done a lot with guys.
Julie's best friend who pressures her to drop Randy and go back to Tommy (though interestingly, she seemed somewhat into Randy's dorky friend Fred).
- Alpha Bitch: She has shades of this. She's not a bully, but she superficially judges Randy for liking rock and wearing rocker clothes and acts very dismissive of Julie's love for him.
- Beta Couple: Averted with Fred. She appeared to like his flirting while Julie and Randy made out in the car, and Fred was gleeful to see her alone at the prom, but they're never seen together otherwise.
- Not So Above It All: For all her loud protesting at being forced to tag along in Hollywood, she seems to have had fun getting chased by Fred and hit on by him.
Julie's friend who is interested in classmate and delivery boy, Skip, who is more into Suzi's mom.
- Ms. Fanservice: We see her in a swimsuit, in a braless tank and underwear, in the shower and in a steamy sex scene.
Julie's long-time boyfriend and Big Man on Campus. She's bored with dating him, the lack of mental stimulation, and breaks up with him on the mall escalator, later seeing Randy instead. After peer pressure finally gets to Julie, she goes back to Tommy and they go to prom together, only for her to again pick Randy over him, this time probably for good.
- Big Man on Campus: The most popular guy in school and widely lusted after by his female classmates.
- Entitled to Have You: Somewhat has this view towards Julie, getting very jealous at seeing her talk to another guy at Suzi's party after they break up and scowls any time he sees them together.
- Jerkass: He does his best to make Julie jealous by flaunting several other girls in front of her at the party (but fails), beats up and throws out Randy for the crimes of not being from the Valley and talking to Julie, tries to hook up with Loryn to get back at Julie and tells Loryn she's the jerk for "leading him on", has a generally bad attitude, need we go on?