These are tropes for the characters in Sonic X Gone Horribly Wrong.
- Catchphrase: "I'm outta here!" and "Optimist Powah!!"
- Character Development: In a very short flashback, he was shown to have a stereotypical awkward teenager personality in his younger years.
- He also seems to be more upbeat and less cynical about his friends than before, though he still calls Tails his "only good friend"
- Characterization Marches On: Originally less energetic than he is currently.
- Celibate Hero: Is this towards Amy. In episode 29, it is revealed that he is afraid of commitment due to Sally rejecting his offer for a date due to his squeaky puberty voice when he was a preteen. Though he does genuinely dislike Amy.
- Did Not Get the Girl: As a preteen he was rejected by Sally.
- Foil: To Tails.
- Gary Stu: The fact that Sonic can destroy Eggman's robots in one hit has been referenced a few times.
- Later episodes show he can also teleport, self destruct without actually dying, and switch the scene at will.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: In Episode 1 and 2. After that it kind fizzled out.
- Inopportune Voice Cracking: Episode 29 shows a flashback to Sonic's preteen years, where he tried to ask out Sally, but his voice kept breaking throughout the whole sentence. She turned him down.
- In Touch with His Feminine Side: Episode 9 had an oddly out of character Sonic gushing like a girl over how pretty the flowers were. He then expresses relief that nobody else is in the room at that moment.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Despite mostly hating his companions besides Tails, especially Chris, he still refused to let Chris get shot by the army because "that's dishonest!"
- Larynx Dissonance: He doesn't even sound that much like Sonic due to the voice actor being really bad at his voice.
- Only Sane Man: Played up more in older episodes than newer ones. Later this position went to Tails.
- Ping-Pong Naïveté: Some episodes show him being optimistic to the point of naivete, while others have him being fairly realistic and even cynical of those around him.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Ok so he is pretty well known. But still, he has a big ego, especially shown in later episodes.
- The Ace: Parodied. See Gary Stu above.
- The Hero: Obviously.
- The Pollyanna: Sometimes more optimistic than other times. He manages to stay positive despite finding most of his friends annoying.
- Why Did It Have To Be Water?: Sonic is scared of water, however he would rather be underwater than with Chris.
- Alternate Character Interpretation: In contrast to his slightly worrisome but still optimistic personality in Sonic X, here he's shown as a cynic who is generally pessimistic.
- However, in the updates videos and Tails' thoughts on [Pickle Fandubs'] adlibs video, he is shown to be more optimistic about things like the series continuing and going well. He even tells the creator, with a smile, to keep trying.
- Bad "Bad Acting": Whenever he has his Adventure voice.
- Cargo Ship: Tails is canonically married to his plane.
- Character Development: Was shown in flashbacks to be annoying, talkative and loud, complete with a voice akin to his OVA self.
- In the prequel, The Adventures of Squeaky Voice Sonic, he is shown to be bratty and generally unlikeable. He is nicer in this series, though still prone to jerkish moments
- Characterization Marches On: He is heavily subject to this trope. He starts off the series being nerdy and somewhat cheerful. A couple episodes later he gained a bit of a temper around Chris. Then he became the deep voiced cynic we know today.
- His love life has changed too. Originally he had a crush on Cream but now he's married to his plane.
- Filler He hates Filler episodes, and would rather actually have a plotline to work with on the gang's adventures.
- Foil: He's cynical in contrast to Sonic's optimism.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: Episode 12Come on! Just get in the goshdarn plane already!
- Hypocrite Tails loves machines, is married to his plane and claimed it breaks his heart to see a beloved machine go down, yet he still criticizes Amy for feeling sad about a robot getting hurt.
- Jerkass Ball: He saves the whole city by defusing a bomb, but the crowd boos him because "he's not Sonic". What does he do? He resets the bomb back to its original dangerous state; just out of spite!
- Large Ham: His Sonic Adventure voice sounds very over the top.
- Vocal Dissonance: His voice is quite deep in some episodes.
- Love Triangle: Him, Cream and Mr Tanaka in episode 7.
- Morality Pet: He is the only member of the friend group that Sonic doesn't hate.
- Not Allowed to Grow Up: Subverted, he appears to be the only one who CAN grow up, but he always resets at the age of 8 after hitting a certain age. He switches between 8 and 12 depending on his voice.
- Only Sane Man: He's the only one who wants the plot to move forward.
- Puppy Love: He used to like Cream.
- The Cynic: Tails often says cynical things, even while smiling.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Seems nicer and less angry in Season 3 than in the previous 2 seasons.
- Vocal Evolution: Tails' voice started off scratchy up until episode 9. By episode 10 it was even deeper than SONIC'S. Episode 12 made his voice high and scratchy again but episode 14 his voice dropped again. His voice currently isn't as deep as before but it's an attempt at sounding like his current voice (sorta)
- Season 3 shows that he has a weird condition where he keeps going through puberty several times, resetting as a child and then it all starts over again. His voice begins breaking in episode 29.
- Taken Up to Eleven starting from Episode 29, when he voice becomes even MORE inconsistent between lines. It begins breaking in said episode, becomes a deeper adolescent voice at the end, and then in episode 30? It becomes high pitched again, resembling his Sonic Heroes voice, followed by a badly voice acted version of his Sonic Adventure voice, before reverting back to his scratchy voice from previous episodes.
Ah yes, Chris Thorndyke. Everybody's favourite character. A 12 year old normal kid who teams up with Sonic and co.
- Bratty Half-Pint: He acts like a 5 year old and whines and complains about everything.
- Catchphrase: "I'm telling mommy!" "It's not good enough!" "This is boring!" and "I want candy!"
- Character Development: In Season 3, he starts getting a little smarter and complaining about things actually worth complaining about. He also feels empathy for Big, but doesn't understand what he's feeling.
- Dumbass Has a Point: Despite being stupid, he can occasionally be right about things, such as calling Ella out on going to the bathroom without washing her hands.
- Flanderization: Earlier episodes of Season 1 had him say stuff besides complaining. In season 2 pretty much all his lines are complaining. this is starting to reverse back again in Season 3.
- Hypocrite: He often tells people to stop complaining.
- Vocal Dissonance: His voice is sometimes too high pitched for a 12 year old.
- Manchild: Close enough. He's a 12 year old who acts like a 3 year old.
- The Scrappy: This parody makes him all the things that his haters view him as - whiney, annoying, and a spoiled brat.
- Spoiled Brat: Even though he gets gifts every week, lives in a mansion and has lots of money, he still complains that "it's not good enough".
- Tagalong Kid: Chris is utterly useless against bad guys, yet he tags along with the group anyway.
- The Friend Nobody Likes: None of the characters know why they hang out with him.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Candy, though he is also shown whining that he wants Ice Cream or Cookies.
A girl whose obsessed with Sonic. That's pretty much her only role in the series.
- Betty and Veronica: The Archie to Sonic's Veronica and Gamma's Betty.
- Catchphrase: She is often associated with "Sahnak!"
- Season 3 has "Oh Cinos, you precious child!"
- And of course "SMASHSMASHSMASHSMASHSMASH!!"
- Character Development: In Season 3 (Season 2 of the actual show), she decides she wants to have a better role than just the annoying immature girl who has a crush on Sonic. She decides to become a mom to a bird she names Cinos.
- The first couple of seasons she was an annoying little kid with a high shrill voice. Towards the end of Season 2 she had a few Dirty Kid moments, particularly in episode 20. By season 3 she'd outgrown her dirty tendencies and was now at a motherly state in life.
- Cute, but Cacophonic: She has a very annoying voice in the first 2 seasons
- Damsel in Distress: Becomes this in episode 29, much to her displeasure.
- Dirty Kid: Episode 20 shows her saying dirty stuff and calling Sonic a "freakin sexy man!"
- Satellite Character: Her only role up until Season 3 was to have a crush on Sonic.
- Smitten Tweenage Girl: She's a 12 year old girl in love with Sonic.
- Stalker with a Crush: This is Amy we're talking about after all.
- Vocal Evolution: After getting away from Chris for several months, her voice becomes less annoying.
A naive and childish little bunny rabbit who doesn't really do much. She has a friend named Cheese.
- Characterization Marches On: She is a little dumber than she started off.
- Cute, but Cacophonic: In early episodes of Season 1, she had a VERY shrill voice to parody her 4kids voice
- Elmuh Fudd Syndwome: Later episodes show her talking like this to emphasize her cuteness and childishness.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: Is the most likely to invoke this.
- Horrible Judge of Character: Episode 22 had Cream saying Mr Tanaka can do anything. He couldn't help.
- Loving a Shadow: She believes Mr Tanaka is macho and "can do anything"
- Not So Above It All: Although usually polite and well mannered, she can sometimes show moments of sassiness and/or brattiness, such as telling Chris to "get [his] filthy hands off [her]"
- Precocious Crush: She has a crush on 35 year old Mr Tanaka. He obviously doesn't return her affections.
- Puppy Love: Has this for Mr Tanaka.
- The Ditz: She can't understand what Cheese is saying and thinks Mr Tanaka is a hero.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Ths girly girl to Cheese's tomboy.
- Vocal Evolution: Originally had an annoying voice, it's much cuter now.
Cream's chao friend.
An echidna who is kinda dumb sometimes.
- Character Development: In Season 3, he starts looking for secrets to the universe, from important ones like peace is better than fighting, to trivial things like tofu is food.
- Flanderization: He started off being able to speak in full sentences, later he only speaks broken English, though this could be because he is not native to the language and is part of a tribe.
- Vocal Evolution: His voice became a lot deeper with the start of his new personality.
A hot tempered Italian maid.
- Gratuitous Italian: Sometimes adds random Italian words to her speech.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: She can get quite angry at times!
- Obsessed with Food: She is OBSESSED with Italian food, especially spaghetti, and, to a lesser extent, pizza.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Played straight in earlier episodes, later ones revealed her real name is still Ella.
- Vocal Evolution: Her Italian accent has gotten MUCH better in the later episodes.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Likes singing, calling the children "babies", and is quite forgetful at times.
- The Ditz: He's kinda silly
- Nice Guy: Although being silly, he genuinely cares for the local scrappy, Chris.
- Took a Level in Kindness: The first thing he said in his debut was calling Cream and Cheese "stupid". Nowadays he's one of the nicer characters.
- Leitmotif His song about lengthening the episode shares a similar tune to his wife's song.
- Manchild: Likes food and fart jokes. Is also stupid.
- Obsessed with Food: His imagine spot of Lindsey at her play involved lots of references to food.
- The Ditz: Is quite dumb.
- The Pig-Pen: He likes fart jokes.
- Toilet Humor: See above.
- Hollywood Tone-Deaf: He sings in a high pitched scratchy voice.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: He likes singing badly and making bad egg puns
- Incredibly Lame Pun: Makes bad egg puns, some of which don't even make sense!
- Running Gag: Either the intermissions, or his tv messages. Both consist of him singing terribly.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Eggs.
Dr Eggman's fabulous robots.
- Camp Gay: Decoe especially has a feminine voice and way of speaking, though they both qualify
- Characterization Marches On: Initially evil with little personality and monotone voices, halfway through Season 2 they suddenly became fabulous and flamboyant with little explanation other than the implication that Eggman changed their personality chips, possibly because they were too boring.
- Friend to All Children: They love adopting children, mainly robots.
- HeelFace Turn: Although they hang out with Eggman, they barely help him with his evil work, instead caring more about their children.
- In Touch with His Feminine Side: Bocoe likes watching the lifestyle channel, specifically the interior decorating section.
- Shipper on Deck: Bocoe ships Eggman x Sonic (much to the Doctor's disapproval) and is apparently writing a fanfiction about them that contains at least 291 chapters.
- Decoe and Bocoe also were happy for Rouge and Shadow when they got together, although in Bocoe's case he was just glad Shadow couldn't steal Sonic from Eggman.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Once they got their drastic personality changes, they're practically not even evil anymore
- Vocal Evolution: Initially they had monotone robot voices, but as of episode 20 they suddenly have British accents and much more personality and emotion in their voices.
- Yaoi Fanboy: Bocoe in particular ships Eggman x Sonic and at one point thought Knuckles x Chris was a thing.
Eggman's youngest main robot
- Bratty Half-Pint: He frequently insults people including his own teammates.
- Comical Overreacting: He had a very, um, emotional reaction to Eggman's bad singing, crying about how beautiful and melodic his voice was.
- Girls Have Cooties: He thinks girls are icky due to his young age.
- Horrible Judge of Character: He thinks Eggman has a "melodic voice"
- Kid-Appeal Character: The youngest of the robot trio at age 5.
- The Ditz: He isn't the brightest of robots.
A bat who works for the government.
- Cargo Ship: She is attracted to jewels.
- Ms. Fanservice: She is the most likely to say inappropriate things.
- Official Couple: She dates Shadow in the Shadow Saga
- Les Yay: Taken up to 11 when Topaz claims in one episode that she apparently gave Rouge a sponge bath!!!
- Love Interest: She is the love interest of both flustered lesbian Topaz and creepy old man Prez.
Topaz is a flustered lesbian who acts like she hates Rouge but actually has a crush on her.
Big the Cat is a bit of a cinnamon roll and silly guy
- Foil He is smart and a jerk, in contrast to Big's silly and kind personality.
- Jerkass: He may come off as this for running away from Big when he clearly needs the frog.
- Living Emotional Crutch: A more lighthearted version of this trope. Big is obsessed with him, but he also claims that Froggy is the only one he feels safe around. Kinda makes Froggy seem like a jerk for running away though.
- The Smart Guy: He is apparently the most intelligent frog in the world according to himself and Dr. Eggman, although Eggman claims one episode later that he is "a useless frog"