Here is the page detailing the specific characters of Crimson And Clover. They're related to the ones of Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2, being a Fan Fic and all, but due to being an AU, they end up being different enough to warrant sheets.
Paine Amelia Kerrigan
One of the two main characters. She's an orphan and a former drug-addict trying to get over her withdrawal problems. She's working hard to wrap up her college degree. She's also a Judo black belt.
- Butch Lesbian: Short hair, dresses plainly, rarely wears make-up or skirts, sporty, dislikes shopping, frequently gets into fights. She's got some Lipstick Lesbian tendencies though, mostly because of Rikku and modeling.
- Buxom Is Better: Subverted. While Rikku likes her breasts, Paine seems to be slightly embarrassed about their size.Rikku: Where were you hiding those!
Paine: (blushes deeply) Nowhere, shut up they're not that big.
- Character Tics: God, does she love running her hand through her hair. Well, usually a sign she's nervous, and she's nervous often.
- Deadpan Snarker: She often jokes to Rikku about having other girlfriends.Rikku: Use those spa tickets, the ones I got you for valentine's day?
Paine: Those? I used those already.
Paine: Me and girlfriend number two went. (She keeps her close) C'mon baby I know you have the most beautiful green eyes I've ever seen, but you don't need to be so envious, she's number two for a reason.
- Foreign-Language Tirade: She knows Al Bhed but rarely speaks it. Only once does she make two or so full sentences, so that she can speak about Big Mack to Rikku without the little girl understanding. Rikku is quite pleased. She also uses another one when proposing. Needless to say, it works wonders.
- Gayngst: Averted. She has more problems with public displays of affection that with doing them with another woman.
- Heroic BSoD: Happens when she's told who her parents are. She digs up a grave for Lulu in an alcohol-induced trance. Then she shows up at Rikku's covered in mud and melts into tears.
- Hired for Their Looks: She has no training as a model but is just perfect for the dress Yuna lacks a model for. Then, she's also said to be very beautiful and is approached by other modeling agencies.
- * Lady Swears-a-Lot: Called out frequently by Rikku.
- Lesbian Jock: She practices Judo and is majoring in Physical Therapy.
- Moment of Weakness: The night before the trial with Auron, she goes off to buy drugs from Shuyin. She manages not to cave, though.
- Only in It for the Money: Modeling. She first did it to please Rikku by helping her cousin, then because she could get a lot of money out of it for little investment.
- Pink Is for Sissies: Really hates this color. Despite Rikku's efforts, she wears a pink outfit only once... but they were drunk and put each other's clothes without realizing before going to sleep.
- Single-Issue Psychology: Averted. While it's up to the reader to interpret what exactly made Paine who she is, she suffered enough traumas for it being impossible to stem from one of them only: abandoned by her parents, nearly raped when younger, moved from foster home to foster home, beaten in foster care, picked on by the other orphans, drug addiction, overdose, getting shot, witnessing the near rape of her love interest, witnessing the near death of her best friend and a little girl, learning a girl she hated forever is her half-sister and the list is probably going to grow longer...
- Slave to PR: Played for Laughs.Rikku: I wanted to say thank you, that was sweet of you.
Paine: Shhh. Don't talk like that around here.
Rikku: Yeah, right, I forgot. You're badass round these parts.
Paine: Damn right.
- Socially Awkward Hero: She shows more fear going to therapy than she does jumping in front of a shooter.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Through Rikku, she's started opening herself to others. Her nephew Vidina is also a major point in her development.
- Tranquil Fury: Unusually for her, she's pretty calm when she humiliates Buddy during Tidus' graduation party.
Rikku Milan Bayla
The other main character. She's the daughter of Cid, a rich lawyer. She live in a completely different area of New Luca than Paine and has been spoiled her whole life. She's in Pre Law and is having trouble with one of her professor, Auron, who is also a close friend of her father.
- Beware the Nice Ones: While usually quite nice, she can become very harsh when pissed off. Apparently stems from her Al Bhed heritage.
- Character Tics: Fiddles with her mother's ring when nervous.
- Lipstick Lesbian: Though she isn't quite sure if she's a lesbian or not.
- Rape as Drama: Fortunately, it's interrupted by Paine. Arguably however, her previous encounters with Auron weren't entirely consensual.
- Single-Issue Psychology: Averted again. While her trauma list is shorter than Paine's, there are still quite a few candidates: the death of her mother, leaving Home, the separation from her brother, Auron, her near rape by the same guy, her girlfriend being shot and, again, it may just grow longer.
- Smarter Than You Look: Many people take her outward behavior and assume she's an idiot, while she's actually quite clever.
- * Took a Level in Badass: After all that's happened, Rikku has grown very tough through Paine's influence.
Paine's long-time best friend. They grew up together. He works at a restaurant called Lap-Pig.
- Parental Abandonment: His father died and he was left with his drug-addicted mother. She tried to feed him battery fluid and was sent in an asylum. He's been in foster care ever since.
One of Paine's roommate. Next to nothing is known about him.
- Last Het Romance: Dated Paine when they were much younger. Didn't last. She discovered she was gay because of her relationship with him.
Mackenzie "Big Mack"
Yunalesca Bianca Shaw
Rikku's cousin and best friend. She's studying to work in fashion.
- Parental Abandonment: Her mother died giving birth to her.
- Wrong Name Outburst: Does this when trying to have sex with Baralai during the graduation party at Tidus'. Baralai storms off.
Teammate of Wakka. He works with Paine at the recreation center. He starts a relationship with Yuna.
- Hidden Depths: Is an English major. Apparently, this is unknown to most people who only remember that he's a blitzer. He helps Paine write an email after she breaks Buddy's nose.
Lulu Alexandria Moore
A good friend of Rikku and Yuna. Paine hates her guts.
- Technicolor Eyes: Crimson eyes.
Vidina Mateo D'Autry
Brandon "Buddy" Lawrence
An Art classmate of Rikku.
- Underestimating Badassery: Buddy doesn't take Paine's jealousy very seriously. He gets a punch in the face, breaking his nose.
Cidney Euan "Cid" Bayla Jr.
Rikku's father. He's a successful lawyer in his own firm, along with Yuna's father Braska. He ends up giving up his share of the firm to his children and then starts working as a trader in ports.
- Action Dad: While rather calm, when he finds Auron after he's been discharged from the hospital and the discussion goes sour, he sends him back there right away.
- Papa Wolf: Related to the above. But regardless of this particular situation, Cid tends to be very protective of Rikku.
Tahla Capri Bayla
Rikku's late mother and Cid's wife.
- Posthumous Character: Died in a car accident ten years ago. It turns out she was in said car only because her husband threw her out of the house due to a falling out.
Kirill Turin "Brother" Bayla
Milana Dalamace Bayla
Paine's biological mother. Paul Moore had an affair with her and tried to get her get an abortion. For a while, she kept her child but it became too hard to raise her on her own, so she gave her up. Became a successful actress.
- The Atoner: She profoundly regrets her decision, especially seeing how Paine suffered. She just wants what her daughter wants with her.
A professor at New Luca University. Rikku and Paine are together in his class.
Barthello's youngest sister.
- Put on a Bus: After giving Paine information proving her brother guilty, she skips town for a while.
- The Bus Came Back: Gippal informs Paine that Dona is back in New Luca and they begin to text, much to Rikku's displeasure.