Characters / Mirai Sentai Timeranger
Character sheet for Mirai Sentai Timeranger
Tatsuya Asami/Time Red (Portrayed by Masaru Nagai)
The main character
of the series, he is a 22 year old martial artist who was "drafted" into the team. He refuses to accept fate and his heritage as future CEO of his father's company. He believes that people can control their own destiny, but only if they fight for a desirable future. After joining the Timerangers, Tatsuya decides to move out of his father's house and uses his savings to rent the building that would be the Timeranger's home. Tatsuya works as a Karate Teacher at Tomorrow Research. When operating the Robo formations, Tatsuya is usually in charge of accessing the finisher moves to recapture the Londers Prisoners by wielding a miniature version of the Space-Time Sword/Chrono Divider to mimic the movement pattern. Although Yuri is the team leader, Tatsuya is the driving force of the Timerangers, essentially acting as field commander during the battles. One year after the final battle, Tatsuya continues to live freely by himself choosing this lifestyle until he feels that he is ready to join his father's company.
- 10-Minute Retirement: Tatsuya retires from the Timerangers to focus on his father's company after the latter was seriously injured. But it doesn't last for long...
- All Up to You: Near the end of the series after the other Timerangers went back in the future and Naoto dead, he fought the enemies alone. The Timerangers literally made it back in time.
Yuri/Time Pink (Portrayed by Mika Katsumura)
The female protagonist of the series, she is a 21 year old Police officer from the 30th century. Since the police were aware of Don Dornero's plan, she posed as a TPD cadet to stop him. She has a grudge against Don Dolnero for sending an assassin who killed her family
. She practically leads the Timerangers. She is initially cold towards Tatsuya, but eventually warms up to him
. Yuri works as a detective at Tomorrow Research. In the series finale, she confesses to Tatsuya that she loves him, but they could not be together due to the large gap in between their timelines, and thus she returned to her own time and found that due to the time change in the 30th century her family was still alive.
- The Chick: Actually averted despite being the only girl and being the pink ranger.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Or future since they went back in time. Well you get the idea.
Ayase/Time Blue (Portrayed by Yuji Kido)
Formerly a racer, this calm-headed 22 year old figure has a knack for highspeed battles. He also has the incurable terminal illness Osiris Syndrome
. He is also close friends with Tatsuya. When Tatsuya found out about Ayase's illness, he was determined to help his friend. However, when Ayase was suffering from his illness it was a shock to the other Timerangers when Tatsuya was forced to tell them about Ayase's illness. Ayase, who is the only Timeranger that has a drivers license, works as an escort at Tomorrow Research.
Domon/Time Yellow (Portrayed by Shuhei Izumi)
A 22 year old womanizer who was formerly a professional grappler
that tends to overdo it sometimes. Domon was banned from professional fighting for never being on time for a match because he would chase after girls. Despite this Domon has a great respect for the rules and after learning that Sion is an orphan sticks up for him and refuses for anyone to call him an alien. However, Domon who comes from a large family is the only one who truly misses the 30th century and had some resentment towards Captain Ryuya for trapping them in the 20th century which he took out on Tatsuya when they first met due to his resemblance to Ryuya. Although Domon works as the self-defense teacher at Tomorrow Research, he never got any students. Domon also argues with Ayase frequently. Later on Domon falls in love with Honami Moriyama a camerawoman and after his secret identity is revealed to her, the two started dating and Domon eventually told her that he came from the 30th century.
Sion/Time Green (Portrayed by Masahiro Kuranuki)
A 17 year old alien
from the planet Hubbard, which was destroyed as the result of war and was thus raised on Earth in a laboratory. He is nimble and is curious of everything around him. Sion is also fond of dyeing his hair, which he does every so often since age 3. Due to his alien physiology, Sion only needs to sleep once per year, but it takes him a week of hibernation when he does it. He is also the Timerangers' technical expert able to work with any machine. Sion is in charge of computer repairs for Tomorrow Research. He is (currently) the youngest Ranger to exist being born around 2983. In the finale Sion learns that because Hubbard had no contact with Earth prior to its destruction, his own history hadn't changed.
Naoto Takizawa/Time Fire (Portrayed by Shinji Kasahara)
Tatsuya's 28 year old rival
and leader of the City Guardians established by the Asami Corporation. Unlike Tatsuya, Naoto came from the other side of the tracks, getting by on a scholarship as the two of them attended prep school. Naoto envied
Tatsuya and wanted to be the better of the two. After becoming Time Fire, the Asami group attempted to analyze the technology for mass production, but could not fully understand the 30th century Technology. Later he found out through Sion that the Londers monsters are just prisoners and only need to be recaptured. He then learned that the Timerangers came from the 30th century, and because of his desire for power he chose to find a way to use his new knowledge of the Timerangers to his advantage. Near the finale, after Wataru Asami was hospitalized in a previous episode, Naoto was able to use that knowledge to gain full control of the City Guardians. Naoto also owned two pet birds, Tora and Sakura, which he later gives to a little girl.
Tac (Voiced by Yusuke Numata)
Honami Moriyama (Portrayed by Tamao Yoshimura)
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Saved Gien's life after Gien helped him hide from his enemies and genuinely cares for both his moll Lira and the criminals he inducts into his family.
- Even Evil Has Standards: He may be a ruthless mafia boss and a murderous thug, but even Dolnero draws the line at killing for pleasure.
- Money Fetish: In Case 14, Gien says that he doesn't really need money since he can just take what he wants. He responds that he just loves having money.
- Redemption Equals Death: After realizing the depths of Gien's insanity, Dolnero turns over the remaining criminals to the Time Rangers before going to try and talk some sense into Gien before Gien kills him.
- Would Hurt a Child: Or at the very least is willing to hire a hit-man to take out an entire family just because the father was a detective investigating Dolnero's criminal organization.
- Ugly Guy Hot Moll: With Lira.
Lira (Portrayed by Asami Kuru)
- Ambiguously Human: Though she is shown able to eat.
- Ambiguously Brown: In one episode after went to vacation at the resort she returned ALL brown. Back to normal the next episode though.
Gien (Voiced by Koji Tobe)
- Character Death: He dies in the series finale after Tatsuya destroys Neo Crisis.
Captain Ryuuya Asami (Portrayed by Masaru Nagai)
The stern captain of the Timerangers. He helps the Timerangers by sending them mecha and weapons, should the rangers need this. However, he's something far
- Ambition Is Evil: His ambition is to change the way he died in the futures that he visited.
- Big Bad: The main antagonist of the series who is behind both Dolnero and Gien.
- Character Death: He dies when Ayase inadvertently shoots him in the series finale.
- The Chessmaster: He manipulates time and history to correct the disaster that would happen in the future and his death... but he fails.
- Fallen Hero: Once a well respected captain who changed time to prevent disasters and his own death from occuring.
- Identical Grandson: He is Tatsuya's descendant from the future.
- The Unfought: There was never a full battle with him, but instead, he was killed off while trying to stop the Timerangers from going back and stopping Gien. Gien took Final Boss status while Ryuuya remained one of the few final Sentai Big Bads to not get a proper fight, shared only with Great Professor Bias and Great Doctor Lee Keflen.
- Walking Spoiler
- You Can't Fight Fate: Despite changing history in Timeranger and preventing the disaster that would occur in 2001, Ryuuya still dies on the same day as he would have died in the future.