Characters: Game Grumps
Game Grumps, Steam Train, and Table Flip are full of many memorable characters. Mostly the ones they just made up.Per the policy of the administration, all character tropes will not be spoiler tagged. Thus, especially when Table Flip is involved, Read At Your Own Risk!
open/close all folders
Table Flip and Grumpcade Guests & Characters
Host of the titular Youtube channel, in which he does Let's Play-style commentary over various games, infamously horror titles. Guest-stars in Betrayal at the House on the Hill, Shadows over Camelot, and Super Mario KartMarkiplier has his own page here.
- Badass Mustache: As The Traitor.
- The Bad Guy Wins
- Big Bad: Of Shadows Over Camelot. Also a case of Big Bad Friend, since he initially pretended to be a normal player.
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: Contemplates abandoning the survivors and join Arin and the cannibals. When it looks like the traitor is going to lose, he acts as if he never even considered the idea. He's also The Traitor in Shadows Over Camelot.
- Even the Guys Want Him: Arin and Danny get into a Wimp Fight in an episode of Game Grumps over who gets to have Mark.
- Eyepatch of Power: Worn under his glasses as The Traitor.
- Fish Out of Temporal Water: Admits that he's not even from this time.
- How's Your British Accent?: Uses when acting in-character, as opposed to his normally very prominent American accent.
- Evil Brit: Threatens this at one point, but never eventuates. Until Shadows Over Camelot, where he does this.
- The Load: Fails the Lancelot quest heavily in Shadows Over Camelot, accuses three people of being traitors who aren't, and uses The Holy Grail on himself when he didn't need it. Thanks to the game's rules, all of this hinders everyone's efforts. All of this is intentional, though, as he's the traitor.
- Large Ham: As The Traitor.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: He's the player who under-rolls the last omen before the betrayal.
- Token Evil Teammate: In the first game, he constantly switches sides, making him one for both teams. He's also the traitor in Camelot.
Host of the titular Youtube channel, in which he primarily does reviews of Minecraft mods. Guest stars in Metagame.
- Balloonacy: Is apparently trying to make it around the world in eighty days in a hot air balloon.
- Baleful Polymorph: According to him, if he takes more than 80 days to go around the world, he will turn into a balloon.
- Flat Character: While BelatedMedia comes up with an original backstory, he borrows his. See below.
- Shout-Out: His opening monologue is no doubt a homage to the titular novel.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Becomes this with Michael (BelatedMedia).
Host of the titular Youtube channel, in which he does movie reviews and analysis. Guest stars in Metagame.
- Dance Sensation: The cabbage patch, which he demonstrates.
- Fantastic Racism: Doesn't have much time for people from Vanillaburg.
- Large Ham: Might even beat traitor Arin in this regard.
- Level Ate: Comes from Chocolate Town, where everything is made out of chocolate. Apparently the architecture not very sturdy.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Starts out as this with Barry, but as the game progresses he becomes this more with Jordin (CaptainSparklez).
The animator of the Youtube Channel Spazkidin3D, who guest stars in Table Flip's Pictionary series.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Apparently he gets off to checking the time on his pocket watch.
- Despite the fact that he is an animator who makes a living as a professional freelance artist, he is utterly terrible at pictionary, and all of his drawings are completely off-the-wall incomprehensible.
- No Pronunciation Guide: When asked to draw cologne, he assumes it's pronounced Col-log-ne, and has absolutely no idea what that means.
- Professional Killer: He describes his job as "to kill people, then find the time on his watch". Apparently he's killed 10 people.
- The Klutz: Almost as soon as the episode begins, he drops and breaks the Pocket Watch prop he was given to use during the show. He then puts the pieces beside each other and claims it's fixed.
The animator/actor of the Youtube Channel StamperTV, who guest stars in Table Flip's Pictionary series.On Steam Train, he indirectly appears due to being the narrator of Battleblock Theater.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Does this a few times by looking into the camera and shouting when he's upset or excited.
- Catchphrase: "Bingo!" Said whenever Barry guesses the word correctly.
- Deadpan Snarker: Has a sarcastic comment about nearly everything.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: He has a generally sarcastic and pissed-off tone through the entire episode.
- Large Ham: After Barry and him win a round by guessing "Embrace" he freaks out and runs to shout at the camera man.
- Not Even Bothering with the Accent: Unlike all the other guests so far, Stamper doesn't even try to sound like a gentlemen from the past. His utter lack of caring about any historical theme or consistency leads to everybody else Corpsing and abandoning their historical accents as well.
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: Unrelated to Table Flip, his narration in Battleblock Theater silences Danny and Ross for a significant portion of the first episode so they can listen to his glorious ham.
Host of the titular Youtube channel, who guest stars in Table Flip's Shadows Over Camelot series.
An NPC who participates as part of an alternate game mode in Cards Against Humanity.
- And That's Terrible: Losing against Rando means you must go home hanging your head in shame. Thankfully for the Grumps, it doesn't come to that.
- Ineffectual Sympathetic NPC: Rando pulls a few surprise wins, but otherwise only scores a few points.
- The Ghost: Considering he doesn't really exist.
- Non-Player Character: The whole point of the game mode; the Card Czar must draw his card from the deck and mix it in with the rest of the answers.
- Shout-Out: To Lando Calrissian.
Another host of a titular YouTube channel, where he does video game reviews, one-minute reviews, Nuzlocke challenges, and the occasional Let's Play. His ties to Normal Boots have allowed him to work with Jon and by extension the rest of the Grumps. Guest-stars in Vice: Project Doom, Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3, Trog!, and Pokémon Snap.ProJared has his own page here.
- Chewing the Scenery: The whole intro skit for his playthrough with Ross.
- Fusion Dance: A common joke the grumps have made due to their similar names is to Fuse Him with Jirard the Completionist to become Pro Jirard the Finishist.
- Nonstandard Character Design: Jared gets a Game Grumps-style caricature like the rest of the gang, but his has a more well-toned jawline and a nose.
- Noodle Incident: Parodied. Ross and Jared try to do a skit where Jared is upset with Ross for "the slippery butt thing" and Jared says Ross "hurt him too much". This may have been a poor choice of lingo... as MAGFest staff caught wind of Barry's recording equipment and potentially thought the group was filming a gay porn.
- Nostalgia Filter: The game he plays with Ross is one of his old favorites that he got by happenstance as a kid.
- Not So Above It All: Jared's gameplay skills are about on equal footing with Ross's. He also ends up saying, "Goddammit, Ross" after Ross continuously bolts back into the hotel room to avoid being seen by passerby. Then there's his blunder in Vice: Project Doom where he makes the exact kind of mistakes his fellow Grumps would- falling over the same cliff in the same spot repeatedly and racking up a huge death count on one level alone.
- Slasher Smile: His trademark. Naturally, he makes a really creepy-looking one in the skit opening up his Grumpcade playthrough, laced with Homoerotic Subtext.
- Special Guest: The second guest on the channel doing a video game playthrough since Grant Kirkhope.
- Trial-and-Error Gameplay: Does this with the fire in Vice: Project Doom to see if it hurts the player character. It does.
- Unexpected Character: The Grumps went to great lengths to hide his guest appearance on the show, because they filmed his playthrough at MAGFest 2015 for convenience, since Jared lives in Texas and they live in California. The outtakes in part 1 of Vice: Project Doom comprise more than half of its length, which is a testament to that.
A mysterious man in a black cloak and top hat who appears during Table Flip. He's summoned by Suzy to act as a referee and gamekeeper of sorts.
- Badass in a Nice Suit
- The Dreaded
- Everyone Calls Him Barkeep
- The Faceless: He always walks onscreen in front of the table, and when he reaches the table his back is always facing the camera. When he addresses the camera directly in One Night Ultimate Werewolf, his face is concealed in shadow.
- Game Master / Rules Lawyer: He's summoned whenever the rules of a game need clarifying.
- The Stoic: The only times he ever speaks are to answer the questions they call him in for (and he uses extremely short sentences).
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: Despite being a menacingly cloaked, unnamed character who shows up out of nowhere with no context given for his job or presence, most people seem to treat him with casual indifference. Danny is the only person so far who has been freaked out by the oddity of it.
Jirard The Completionist
A fellow Youtuber who reviews and completes Games. He is a friend of the grumps who has appeared on Table Flip and Grumpcade
- The Ace: Has 100% completed over a hundred games on his main channel and on Grumpcade when playing Sonic 3 &Knuckles.
- Lets face it if Ross and Arin had played Sonic 3&Knuckles without him they would not have gotten the chaos emeralds nor the Super Emeralds and probably would have died more.
- Bad Ass Beard: Most of the time sports a beard and is really good at Video Games.
- Determinator: he would just not give up on getting the Chaos emeralds and the super emeralds.
- Fusion Dance: Due to their names being similar a common joke is fusing Jirard with ProJared becoming Pro Jirad the Finishist.
- Only Sane Man: While he can be silly compared to Arin and Ross he is very tame.
Friends, Family, and Pets
Brian Wecht (Ninja Brian)
"..."The other half of Danny's band, Ninja Sex Party, as the silent Ninja Keyboardist. In reality, he's also a theoretical physicist. He's been mentioned on the show many times, and has appeared in Ross' advertisement for Steam Train, but has yet to speak on the show. Danny has hinted he may be featured on the show at one point. Has also composed the music for the Mycaruba Shirts promo video.
- Alter Ego Acting: Zigg-zagged. Originally they would talk about him more in-character, for example joking about him being psychotic and being able to teach them Ninjutsu. Lately, this has been subverted more often then not.
- Ax-Crazy: As Ninja Brian.
- Badass Bookworm: He's a professor of theoretical physics, and as Ninja Brian has killed the Slenderman in a Ninja Sex Party video.
- Blazing Inferno Hell Fire Sauce: According to this episode of Hot Pepper Gaming, Brian himself is the sauce.
- Canon Immigrant: From Ninja Sex Party.
- Creepy Blue Eyes: As Ninja Brian, his deadly stare is one of his defining character traits.
- Death Glare: This seems to be the only facial expression he's capable of.
- The Dreaded: All the Grumps so far joke about his ability to kill them all instantly. He's apparently saving it for a rainy day.
- Do Not Taunt Cthulhu: Arin insults Brian, saying he's "not even a very good Ninja", only to immediately take it back.
- Exposition Fairy: One episode of Steam train's Castle Crasher's playthrough has Brian whisper advice to the duo in order to complete a boss.
- Gay Bravado: Writes Fan Fic about giving Danny a blowjob just to make him angry.
- On the road during a Ninja Sex Party shoot, he asks Dan to call himself a "Sexy Widdle Baby" much to everybody else's amusement and Dan's own discomfort.
- In fact, in the episode they discuss this, apparently Ninja Brian constantly sexually harasses Dan in many creative ways.
- Genius Bonus: He's able to point one out in Pacific Rim, where a chalkboard of elaborate equations apparently adds up to "1+2=3".
- The Ghost: He has apparently been sitting with Danny and Ross through a lot of the Steam Train recordings, but has never spoken on the show.
- Happily Married: Although it doesn't stop him from routinely sexually harassing Dan for the laughs.
- Insufferable Genius: He's not mean or bragging, but apparently Danny finds it annoying that he's smart enough to solve any math or science problem instantly.
- Instant Awesome, Just Add Ninja: The appeal of his character, Ninja Brian.
- The Loonie: Apparently, when asked to come up with a band name, he can up with a long list of 70. All of which were completely unusable. Examples include Placentimeter, Whitney Houston We Have a Problem, Wet, and Nope.
- Magic Versus Science: Danny mentions that any supernatural claim, like psychics, piss him off because he is firmly on the science side, which is ironic considering in-character Brian uses psychic powers to blow up buildings. He's also pissed off by pseudoscience, like antioxidants and homeopathic remedies that claim to hold health benefits despite no evidence to support the claims. He does, however, like free radicals. Because they're radical.
- Masochist's Meal: He guest hosts an episode of Hot Pepper Gaming, wherein he then eats a pepper whole, stem and all, silently reviews an entire game, doesn't blink his eyes for the whole duration of the three minutes or otherwise show any sign of being disturbed by the pepper he ate. Just to spite it, he then gives the pepper a 0/5 for hotness. And it was confirmed at the Magfest 12 Ninja Sex Party panel that Brian did in fact eat the pepper (unlike what a few theorized he did, believing he simply stuffed it in his mask) and the entire shot of him not blinking was NOT edited in any way.
- Memetic Badass: Invoked as part of his character.
- Neck Snap: Has a rather odd habit of neck snapping people who see him.
- The Omnipotent: When a fan asked how many people Ninja Brian has murdered, he claimed to be able to see the entire universe from infinite past to infinite future.Brian: (So) the answer is infinity.
- Sophisticated as Hell: As a Theoretical Physicist and all-around smart guy, he's very well spoken (when he does speak), but the Ninja Sex Party twitter account, which he alone maintains, is mostly just various blunt sexual innuendos and many uses of "#butts" and "#buttsex" over and over.
- Troll: In real life, Brian is apparently this to Danny big time. Examples include 'The Beej' and the 'sexy widdle baby' story.
- The Voiceless: As his character in Ninja Sex Party, they joke that he never speaks, and conveys every thought he wants to with his eyes alone.
- Suddenly Voiced: During the Ninja Sex Party and Steam Train panel at Magfest 2014, he did break character and talk to answer some questions, though he did answer a few as if he were still in character.
Holly Conrad (Commander Holly)
Ross' wife and costume/ special effects artist and Maker Studios/Polaris Community Manager, with several apperances on several reality shows such as Heroes of Cosplay. First appeared as a brief voiceover in the Outtake reel for the Dan/Steam Train T-shirt commercial, but didn't show up on the show properly until Date Grumps 2015.
- Accidental Pun: According to Ross, she hates puns, so once when he cracked one Holly smacked his leg. When asked why, she said it was to "Pun-ish" him. This cracked up Ross' father (whom they were visiting in Australia and loves puns) and Holly was congratulated, only for her to admit later that the pun was completely accidental.
- Animal Motifs: Loves birds (or as she calls them, "birbs"), and mentions them frequently throughout her Date Grumps/Double Date Grumps episodes. She actually rehabilitates domesticated pigeons, and has about 19 of them.
- Collector of the Strange: As a prop maker, several very strange things are in her house, which are used in this t-shirt commercial.
- Cool Car: She owns a DeLorean.
- Costume Porn: Every costume she creates is insanely detailed and realistic.
- Cosplay: Creates costumes for a career.
- Cosplay Otaku Girl: Is this for a living, although less with anime and more with video games, movies and other nerd-related media.
- Deadpan Snarker: From the Outtake reel: "Jeez, Ross. He barely touches you and you're acting like he's on fire."
- Fiery Redhead: She has dyed bright red hair.
- Happily Married: To Ross.
- Handy Woman: She has produced or been featured in tons of videos explaining the technical side of costume and prop making, and showcases a skill for building.
- Lame Pun Reaction: According to Ross, who is himself a Pungeon Master of questionable word-play talent, Holly is REALLY not a fan of puns, and has smacked his leg once to punish him for making one.
- Moment Killer: When having a romantic moment with Ross, he ruins it by bring up David Tennant.
- Not So Above It All: She occasionally has shown such as on the valentines day episodes of grumpcade and steam train to be just as silly as the other grumps though its more downplayed.
- Opposites Attract: It's been noted that in nearly every appearance she's made on television and on the web, she conducts herself extremely seriously and professionally. She's married to Ross of all people.
- Troll: A light-hearted one, she posted a picture of Ross "jacked" (as in, muscular) on the official subreddit, much to Ross' embarrassment.
Mochi and Mimi
Arin and Suzy's two pet cats, who are brother and sister through their mutual father. They have appeared in a number of different live action Grump moments, most notably in a Kitty Cat Dance Party at the end of Joe and Mac.
- The Alcoholic: How Arin characterizes Mochi. Apparently he runs out to buy beer, even though they already have some, just to make sure they don't run out.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: How Mochi apparently views Mimi.
- April Fools' Day: They change the entire channel to feature only Cat videos on April 1st, and change the show names to Cat Grumps and Meow Train.
- Cute Kitten: Both of them.
- Dance Party Ending: They are the masters of this, although usually they aren't actually dancing as much as they're just being cats.
- A Day in the Limelight: During April Fools Day, Mochi and Mimi take over the channel and rebrand it "Cat Grumps", just uploading videos of them looking around and playing with cat toys.
- The Dog Was the Mastermind: Apparently the Unmet Player in Brave New World from Steam Train.
- Dumbass No More: After she's spayed, Mimi gains the ability to know her own name.
- Funny Animal
- Funny Background Event: Mochi wanders in randomly during the "My Boyfriend Does My Makeup" video.
- Hostile Show Take Over: Took over the Game Grumps channel, rebranding it "Cat Grumps", with two videos of just them being cats for 10+ minutes.
- Small Annoying Creature: Apparently, Mimi is incredibly annoying to deal with.
- Team Pet
- That Poor Cat: The loud screeching of Mimi was apparently causing the Grumps annoyance when they were meeting with their investment banker.
Doctor "Orph" Orpheus and Mojo
Ross and Holly's cats, one black and the other striped and grey. Orph's appeared in a T-shirt commercial, and been mentioned on Steam Train occasionally. Both Orph and Mojo have been featured on Meow Train, the new show on April Fools' Day.
- April Fools' Day: Both cats take over the channel with Mochi and Mimi.
- Brought To You By The Letter "M": Mojo has a stripe on his head that resembles the letter M, and is presumably how they named him Mojo. This is even reflected in Mojo's Grump head.
- Cats Are Mean: Subverted and played straight. Orph demonstrates incredible patience being played with in the T-shirt commercial outtakes...before biting Ross' hand anyway.
- Also subverted, that Orph manages to be so kind that Ross is no longer afraid of cats, a justified fear since his cheek was literally torn off by a cat as a baby and had to be surgically reattached. Orph is just that friendly a cat.
- Even still, Ross calls Orph a jerk for creating noise in Ross' office in the morning to wake him up to get fed.
- Cats Hate Water: averted, according to Ross, at least.
- Cute but Cacophonic: Mojo's squeal in the Meow Train intro is the highest pitch of all the kitties' April Fools' Day intros.
- Cute Kitten
- A Day in the Limelight: In Meow Train for April Fools' Day.
- Deadpan Snarker: Ross narrates his thoughts when his back legs are lifted into the air by Ross, and Orph just continues eating. "Well, this is life now."
- Fat Cat: Danny and Ross call him fat.
- Funny Animal
- Hostile Show Takeover: They take over Steam Train and turn it into Meow Train, on April Fools' Day.
- Shout-Out: His name is a reference to The Venture Bros.. Pointed out when Barry photoshops the character together with the cat.
- Talking Animal: Still according to Ross.
- Team Pet
- Very Loosely Based on a True Story: The character Ross plays in his Skyrim session is a black khajiit named Orph, in tribute to him.
Ms. "Mom Tron" Jafari
"Crazy man gonna give me a heart attack."Jon's mother, who has called twice during their Sonic 06 playthrough. Notable for being one of the few people to speak on Game Grumps apart from Jon and Arin.
- Berserk Button: According to Jon, the word "pussy" sets her off.
- Even Grumps Love their Mamas: Jon is quite sweet with her.
- False Reassurance: Jon never lies to her that she is on the show, but it doesn't seem to click until he tells her for the fourth time.
- Forgotten Game Grumps Monday: Has called Jon twice despite Monday being the day Grumps is filmed.
- Minor Injury Overreaction: Calls to tell Jon his father survived a dentist operation.
- Shrinking Violet: She seems really shy to speak on the show, and hangs up immediately after Arin and Jon spell it out that she is actually on the show. Justified in that she probably just didn't want to interrupt Jon.
Lloyd Hanson (Paparaptor)
Arin's dad. Never actually appears in the show proper, but gets brought up a number of times.
- Abusive Parents: Averted. It's completely hypothetical and played for laughs. Arin tells a story about how his Dad joked he'd spank him, but assures the audience he never did and it was entirely a joke.
- Badass Beard
- Caught with Your Pants Down: Arin tells the story of how his dad walked in on him, and after trying to explain himself it was clear that his dad was way more embarrassed than he was.
- Cool Old Guy: Plays guitar, has a good sense of humor, and is generally pretty laid-back.
- Danny even says that every story Arin tells about him makes him sound cooler.
- Deadpan Snarker: When dealing with the more volatile members of the Game Grumps fandom, many of his tweets read like this.
- The Ghost
- Intergenerational Friendship: Arin doesn't even hesitate to call him his friend, and uses it as the first example of how young people can be friends with old people.
- Memetic Badass : Danny says that every "Llyod Fact" makes him sound even more badass.
- Nice Guy: Arin certainly makes him out to be this, and it's clearly noticeable on Twitter.
- Omnicidal Maniac: Destroyed all the stars in the night sky, according to Arin. He did this by playing guitar too hard.
- Open-Minded Parent: Upon learning about Arin's "D Club" from the Ninjabread Man episode, he merely comments that he probably knows most of the club's members.
- Papa Wolf: Frequently defends the Game Grumps on Twitter.
- The Quiet One: According to Arin.
- Troll: Occasionally describes himself as one over Twitter, but rarely displays any of the tendencies associated with.
"I'm freezing my ass off over here, it never stop...ehhhh...snow."Danny's father. Never actually appears on the show except in Pokémon FireRed part 26, where we get to hear a pre-recorded voice mail from him. Other than that, he's only mentioned in amusing anecdotes from Dan.
- Alter Kocker: Well, he isn't Yiddish, but he has the personality and the voice down pat.
- An Immigrant's Tale: Danny tells the story as part of how Avi and Dan's mom met.
- Berserk Button: Dan not doing a simple task Avi tells him to do. From Dan's description of Avi getting mad, Avi starts off with an impatient sigh after learning his son has been lazy, then his temper rapidly snowballs until Avi launches into hysterical, shouty anger.
- Bumbling Dad: Some of Danny's stories give this vibe.
- Casanova Wannabe: Danny tells the story of how Avi met his mom. In Danny's words "My dad is confident, but not AT ALL smooth".
- Crazy-Prepared: He finishes a particularly hilarious voicemail with "and don't play this on Game Grumps, or I'm never talking to you again". Dan is forced to find loopholes as a result.
- Dad the Veteran: Fought in the Yom Kippur war, which inspired his trip to the United States.
- Funny Foreigner: Immigrated from Israel, and Dan never passes up an opportunity to tell a funny story about him, usually voicing him with a hilarious accent.
- Inherently Funny Words: In the Grumps' Shovel Knight LP, Dan tells another Avi story. Apparently, Avi asked if he could buy Dan's music digitally, "on Spoofy". It takes a moment for Dan to realize he meant Spotify, but Arin and Dan still have a laugh over it.
- Living a Double Life: Joked about, in the Castlevania: Dracula X Finale, after seeing "Papa" in the credits, that he secretly worked for Konami and never told Dan.
- Meet Cute: Danny tries for two whole episodes to tell this story.
- Mood-Swinger: Dan describes his speaking tone as such, often going from super crazy to completely normal in the same sentence.
- Nice Guy: Dan describes him as "a gentle lamb".
- Repetitive Name: As mentioned in Dan's character profile, his is Avi Avidan.
- Retired Bad Ass: Was the commander of a tank in the Yom Kippur War, he saw some awful things. Once he was out of the military he became 'a gentle lamb' and came to America.
- That Came Out Wrong: When Danny came to him about his sister beating him up, Avi said 'hit her back.' Danny went and punched her right in the back that instant. Obviously Avi didn't mean it like that.
- Verbal Tic: Judging by Dan's impressions of him, he has a tendency to say "ehhhhh" between his words, either from pausing to think of what he wants to say (due to English not being his first language), or at least in one instance because the subject was awkward.Danny: Yes dad.Dad: Oh ehh, good.
Avi: I wanted to congratulate you on breaking the Five. Million. Hits on Youtube. And ehhhhhhhhh. Enjoy them all! I'm freezing my ass off here. It never stops, ehhhhhhhhhh...snowing."
- Confirmed when Dan lets the audience listen to a voicemail he left. His speech patterns are the same as Dan's impressions of him.
- Danny explains in a later episode that the reason for the tic is because Avi's first language is Hebrew, and he translates everything to English in his head before saying it out loud; the tic occurs when he's processing it too slowly.
Dr. Donic O'Donovan
Ross' father, living in Perth, Australia. He is a medical general practitioner. He has been described on the show repeatedly, but made an appearance in their Amazing World playthrough when called by Ross for permission to play the game.
- Awesome Aussie: Resides in Australia, though is Irish by descent.
- Back-Alley Doctor: Not usually, but by necessity, he had to suture Ross' face when torn open, and they were too far away from any hospital to get the proper treatment. All things considered, he did extraordinarily well.
- Badass: When Ross, as an infant, had his cheek torn open by a cat while too far away from a hospital, his father sew his cheek back up perfectly. Anybody who could do a perfect suture on their crying, disfigured infant son with probably insufficient medical supplies and no anesthetic earns the title of badass.
- Deadpan Snarker: When Ross and Arin call him to get their permission to play Amazing World, Arin can't help to laugh and mention how deadpan he is.
- Innocent Bigot: Not racist himself, although he doesn't understand the unfortunate implications of an accidentally racist Australian commercial, his reaction is "I don't get it, I love fried chicken."
- Lies to Children: Messed with Ross as a youth, telling him that the reason you shouldn't eat a hour before swimming is because it will "affect your buoyancy" and you'll sink. Ross justifies believing him for so long simply because he's a medical expert.
- The Medic: Is a general practitioner by trade.
- Oireland: He's not a stereotype himself, although Arin briefly does an impression of him as such.
- Pungeon Master: Apparently shares Ross' love of puns.
- Repetitive Name: Much like Danny's father, his name is Donic O'Donovan.
Other Guests and Players
"Oh, for fuck sakes!"The first ever guest on Guest Grumps. A British musician who formerly worked at Rare and is responsible for the soundtracks of Kingdoms Of Amalur Reckoning, Golden Eye 1997, Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts, Donkey Kong 64, Perfect Dark, Star Fox Adventures, Grabbed by the Ghoulies, Viva Pińata, Viva Pińata: Trouble in Paradise and CityVille 2.
- Ascended Fanboy: Turns Jon into one, because Jon's been a fan of him and his music since childhood.
- Audience Surrogate: Makes fun of Jon when not paying attention, echoing the fans.
- Becoming the Mask: "I am DK. When I look in the mirror I see DK".
- Chekhov's Gunman: Before being on the show as its first ever guest, Grant was mentioned by Jon in several previous Game Grumps episodes, including in a Banjo-Kazooie episode (where Arin brings up that Jon got an email from him) and Donkey Kong Country 2 (where Grant apparently sent them a package of fanmail originally meant for him).
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Demonstrates his weirdness by sending the Grumps some fanmail he himself received and asking them to return it, much to their confusion.
- Cool Old Guy
- Deadpan Snarker: Is a backseat gamer to Jon and gives him a hard time.
- Did Not Do the Bloody Research: They discuss British and American slang in depth, particularly when Jon accidentally uses British slang “genits”.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Discusses parts in Banjo Kazooie where they added adult humor.
- Guest Star Party Member: The first Third Grump ever.
- Intergenerational Friendship: He is 50, when the Grumps are in their 20s, and it's said that he shaped Jon's childhood.
- It Is Pronounced Tro PAY: Gets snobby with the Grumps over the American Pronunciation of Duran Duran, because they are a British Band.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Is mean to Jon, but admits that he’s mean to all people he likes.
- Mean Brit: He busts the Grumps chops when they aren’t playing the game right, but it’s all in good fun.
- Motor Mouth: Talks really fast when he's excited, combined with his accent he is sometimes The Unintelligible to the Grumps, causing them to miss what he's saying and get him angrier.
- Reluctant Fanservice Grump: Is only naked on the couch because apparently the Grumps are, but expresses he’s uncomfortable.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Storms off when the Grumps thought he worked on Conker's Bad Fur Day. They convince him to come back.
- Shaggy Dog Story: Tells an overly long story about his swollen testicles (although it did eventually have a point).
- Split Personality: Apparently with Donkey Kong. "I am DK. I look in the mirror I see DK".
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Becomes this with Jon. You can seem them chatting on twitter from time to time.
A Player on Loadout that the Grumps were able to kill over and over again.
Teammate on Guns of Icarus Online that was using his brother's account to play.
Opponent on Guns of Icarus Online.
Player that the grumps trolled on Amazing World.
The Christmas Crew
A group of players assembled to "spread the Christmas Cheer" on RUST.
Reign of Kings players
JorpenThe leader of the Yorples, a guild in Ross and Arin's Reign of Kings server, and the first king to reign after they held a competition to decide who would rule.
- Flunky Boss: His guild members are the reason he's able to become King in the first place.
- Non-Action Guy: He doesn't do well against Macho Man, and only fought him in the first place because Ross pushed him off the balcony.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Attempts to infiltrate Macho Man's group of supporters, in order to sneak past and reclaim the throne, but he's given away when Ross notices that his torso armour is different from everyone else's.
DarkjestahA previous member of the Rust server, and Jorpen's most trusted and loyal follower.
- The Ace: When Arin and Ross request that they bring a player with them to defend the land on his behalf, Jorpen declares that Darkjestah is the only one he trusts with the job.
- The Dragon
The Macho Man Randy SavageA major competitor in the initial fight for the throne, and subsequently an attempted usurper. He eventually succeeds in becoming king after he defeats Jorpen in a duel.
- Bad Ass: He survives for a very long time against the Yorples, fighting them while preventing Jorpen from taking the throne, and defeats all of his opponents in the arena.
- Balcony Speech: Delivers one to the rest of the server.
- Heel-Face Turn: Starts being treated more positively by Ross after he's introduced to the arena, and performs the turn in full after defeating Jorpen and earning the throne.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed
- No Indoor Voice: Always does his Macho Man voice, and always types in all caps.
- Verbal Tic: "YEAH"
- Whip It Good: He's very pleased when he recovers his whip.
- Wrestler in All of Us: Of course, given his namesake - he repeatedly makes reference to elbowing people.