A kid who aspires to be a Ninja
, but he or she has a long way to go and a lot to experience before he or she becomes into a real ninja. Of course, some of them can already be Ninja
and kick ass.
Compare Kid Samurai
and The Gunfighter Wannabe
. Contrast Child Soldiers
open/close all folders
- Naruto, along with many other characters from that series.
- Nintama Rantarou.
- The Narutaki Twins from Mahou Sensei Negima! could be this trope.
- Black*Star from Soul Eater isn't called a ninja In-Universe, but he fits the trope.
- Shinobu from Ninja Nonsense.
- To be fair, she has a terrible teacher, and she may actually have some decent ninja skills, it's just that Shinobu herself is a total airhead.
- Ninja Hattori-kun.
- The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, anyone? Well, to be fair, Michelangelo seems to fit this trope better in the later incarnations. (Occasionally there are also flashbacks to the turtles' childhoods, when they were small adorable ninjas-to-be.)
- All of the new students attending at Ninja Academy.
- Spritle in the film version of Speed Racer, but he doesn't pull it off very well.
- The three protagonists from the 3 Ninjas film series.
- The Filipino film, Ninja Kids.
- In Marilith, Yulia's granddaughter Monika wants to be a ninja when she grows up.
- Robin's brother in The Wotch, due to being a Naruto fan.
- Garu and Tobe from Pucca.