A kid who aspires to be a Ninja, but he or she has a long way to go and a lot to experience before he or she becomes into a real ninja. Of course, some of them can already be Ninja and kick ass. Compare Kid Samurai and The Gunfighter Wannabe. Contrast Child Soldiers.
open/close all folders
- Naruto, along with many other characters from that series.
- Nintama Rantarou.
- The Narutaki Twins from Mahou Sensei Negima! could be this trope.
- Black*Star from Soul Eater isn't called a ninja In-Universe, but he fits the trope.
- Shinobu from Ninja Nonsense is a total airhead. It doesn't help that she has a terrible teacher.
- Ninja Hattori-kun.
- The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in most media. Michelangelo seems to fit this trope best of them in the later incarnations. Occasionally there are also flashbacks to the turtles' childhoods, when they were small adorable ninjas-to-be.
- Final Fantasy III features the Ninja job class. The protagonists are a group of fifteen-year-old kids. Do the math.note
- Yuffie from Final Fantasy VII.
- The ninja kids from the 3rd-gen and 4th-gen Pokémon games.
- Yomiko in Exit Fate, possibly.
- Jajamaru, from Jaleco's Ninja Jajamaru-kun video game series.
- Izuna, from Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja.
- Kid Niki, in Kid Niki Radical Ninja.
- Kat and Ana from the WarioWare series.
- Kay Faraday of Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth. As Edgeworth muses repeatedly, while she claims to be a Phantom Thief in training, she seems to actually want to be a ninja.
- Mini Ninjas - all of the playable characters are kids (preteens at the oldest)
- Hokutomaru from Garou: Mark Of The Wolves.
- Natsu, Taki's apprentice and Naruto's genderflipped Expy from Soul Calibur V.
- Garu and Tobe from Pucca.