- Fandom Rivalry:
- Oddly enough with her own co-star Jennette McCurdy. What doesn't help are the rumors that they didn't get along backstage which contributed to Sam & Cat's cancellation.
- Her fanbase does NOT get along with the Lambs. This is mainly due to Ariana fans seeing her as a Spiritual Successor to Mariah Carey (or flat out refusing to acknowledge the similarities between the singers, despite Ariana admitting that Mariah influenced her) while Mariah's fanbase sees her as an annoying knock off of their favorite singer.
- Friendly Fandoms: Ariana's fans get along with The Wanted's fanbase pretty well since Ariana and Nathan began dating.
- Heartwarming in Hindsight: The end of the "break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored" video becomes this when after the release of "Monopoly", Grande came out as being attracted to both men and women.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: "7 rings" In hand?
- Memetic Mutation:
- Because of Ariana's rather youthful appearance, a lot of people have joked that she looks 12.
- At the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in London, during a performance of one of her songs, she gets hit by a model's angel wings. Ariana's reaction to being hit has already gone viral. Here are a few, examples.
- Her song thank u, next has the line one taught me love, one taught me patience, and one taught me pain which many people took and applied to TV characters and regular day situations.
- Paranoia Fuel: These lyrics from the track, "Touch It" sound frightening once you stop and think about it:Ariana Grande: How do you know I'm breathing when I'm holding my breath?
- She Really Can Act: As it says in the main article, many people are surprised that she started out as a Broadway and television actress, having started out in an Annie production as the title character among other things.
- Tastes Like Diabetes: Another reason for her distaste for "Put Your Hearts Up." It didn't go to waste, though, as some of her fans still speak highly of it.
YMMV / Ariana Grande