Elizabeth Egan "Liz" Gillies (born July 26, 1993) is an American actor and singer. She's best known for her roles of Lucy in 13, Jade in Victorious, Mandy in the horror movie Animal, Callie Ross in the Lifetime movie Killing Daddy, Gigi in Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll, and Fallon Carrington on Dynasty (2017).
- 13 (2008-2009) (Original Broadway Run) as Lucy
- Victorious (2010-2013) as Jade West
- Winx Club (2011-2015) as Daphne (voice)
- Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll (2015-2016) as Gigi
- Dynasty (2017-present) as Fallon Carrington & Alexis Carrington
Her work exhibits the following tropes:
- Contralto of Danger: Her low, husky voice serves her well for her snarky roles.
- Covered in Gunge: Happened to her on an episode of Figure It Out, as it happens to everyone; unlike some, she didn't cower in her seat but took off her hat, shook her hair in the shower of gunge like a model in a shampoo commercial, stood up and put up her hands in a victory symbol, and actually dumped an extra double handful of it on her head at the end, to the appreciation of the fans.
- Deadpan Snarker: Her characters tend to be this, considering that they also tend to be quite bitchy. To a terrifying degree as Jade and that gets outdone by her role as Callie in Killing Daddy.
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: As Jade, until she got a tan over the summer and dyed her hair black to better complement it.
- Identical Stranger: The fact that she bears an uncanny resemblance to Lindsay Lohan has been used in some of her works. She played Cady Heron, Lohan's character in Mean Girls, in the music video for Ariana Grande's "Thank U, Next" during the segment paying homage to said film, which was apparently enough to fool Cosmopolitan UK into believing that Lohan did a Role Reprise. (Apparently they were unaware of Gillies and Grande being co-stars in Victorious.)note She would also make a video with Elaine Hendrix (her co-star in Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll and Dynasty) recreating a scene from The Parent Trap (1998) (where Hendrix played Meredith), with Gillies playing Lohan's role of Hallie/Annie and Hendrix reprising her role as Meredith.
- Ms. Fanservice: Her adult roles get some mileage out of her looks. Dynasty certainly put her in a lot of figure-hugging, cleavage-baring dresses.
- Playing Against Type: Anytime she plays a character who's genuinely nice. For instance, this music video. Also, her appearances on Big Time Rush and White Collar.
- Singing Voice Dissonance: Her singing voice sounds very different from her speaking voice, but it still sounds amazing.
- Typecasting: Her two biggest roles were mean characters. With Lucy, it went to the point of the Alpha Bitch.
- Woman of a Thousand Voices: The number of voices she does on Victorious alone is quite impressive; she did a very convincing "man voice" during one of Sikowitz's drive-by acting exercises, and of course there's Jade's impression of Tori, which is actually Liz's impression of Judy Garland. In fact, in "Locked Up", during a scene in which Tori attempted to imitate Jade's mocking of her, Elizabeth Gillies actually dubbed that line. In other words, Liz voiced Victoria Justice attempting to imitate Liz's imitation of Judy Garland. In the episode "Opposite Date", she did a spot-on impression of Cat, including her distinct laugh. In addition, she played Daphne on Winx Club, in a voice that sounds totally different from her normal voice. And then there's the voice she used when she and Ariana prank called Avan Jogia in this video.