The plot involves the DEA, some Mexican gangsters, and drugs, but who cares about the plot, anyway? We're here to blow up cocaine burrito stands!
This game provides examples of:
- Badass Family: You get to play as three different members of the Cruz family.
- Exploding Barrels:
- Above average amount of exploding scenery for a shooter/driver, and every car becomes explosive on contact after diving from it
- There is a button set aside specifically to target explosive object.
- Logo Joke: Both the Eidos and Deadline Games logos are introduced via humorous animations of luchadores and men in skeleton body costumes performing a juggling act with dynamite (with the Eidos logo) and doing a dance in sombreros (the Deadline Games logo).
- Spiritual Successor: Chili Con Carnage, at least in terms of the feel and setting, minus the Wide Open Sandbox element.
- Super Drowning Skills: If you ever fall into the ocean your character will immediately climb out of the water and a caption will show up saying "THIS IS NOT A BOARD DIVING GAME!"
- The Unfought: Papa Muerte, the man behind everything. You never even come face to face with him.
- Time Bomb: Several missions and side challenges force you to run for your life
- Twin Switch: The player character is the Evil Twin who shoves off his brother's attempts to keep control of the missions.