You play as Rob Steiner, or rather Prisoner #1809, a recent transfer to Ashdown Hole State Penitentiary who's been sent to prison for a crime he didn't commit. He's simply sitting in his cell, when suddenly, his door just opens up. When he walks out, though, he suddenly finds the prison is overrun with zombies. With no knowledge of what happened, Steiner decides he has to get out of there.
The hook of the game is that you attack the zombies by touching them on the bottom screen. Tap the screen to shoot (or swipe if you have the crowbar), and to reload, drag the ammo across the screen to the clip holder.
The game was released in May of 2007.
Touch The Dead contains examples of:
- Attack Drone: These are encountered near the end of the game.
- Attack Its Weak Point: This is how you deal damage to the bosses.
- Bubblegloop Swamp: One of the levels you wander through is a zombie-infested swamp.
- Crowbar Combatant: The only melee weapon in the game is a crowbar. You can use it to break down doors.
- Fat Bastard: Some of the zombies.
- Also the first boss.
- Off with His Head!: Some of the zombies will rip off their own heads and throw them at you.
- Shoot Out the Lock: Some of the doors can be opened by shooting the number pad next to them.
- Shotguns Are Just Better: One of the weapons Rob has is a shotgun.
- Standard FPS Guns: Rob has a pistol, a shotgun, and a machinegun.
- Timed Mission: Near the end of Mission 4-4, you have to get outside the base so the helicopter can pick you up before time runs out.