Yume Oukoku to Nemureru 100-nin no Ouji-sama (100 Sleeping Princes and the Kingdom of Dreams), or Yume 100 for short, is a iOS/Android mobile Puzzle-Otome game launched in year 2015 by GCrest, the same company that brought us its Spiritual Successor AkaSeka.
The game play format is a match-over-3 clearing game similar to Disney's Tsum Tsum, only that it features handsome princes note , and the different clearing skills of each prince. Therefore, tactical team formation of princes plays an important part to clear stages.
As the game garnered success around East and South Asia, GCrest teamed up with animation company, Satelight to adapt the game into an original net animation, which was released in 2017. To celebrate the game's 3rd anniversary, animation company, Project No.9 adapted the game into an anime television series which premiered on July 5, 2018, making it part of the Summer 2018 Anime lineup, while Sentai Filmworks have licensed the anime and will be streaming it on HIDIVE.
The television anime centers around a newly introduced prince named Kihel, whose lost all memories of himself aside for his given name. He encounters and tags along with the lead heroine aka. The Princess of Traumere, the princess butler Navi, and the poster-boy of Yume 100, Prince Avi of Alstoria on their quest to defeat dream-eaters in hopes to regain his memories and full identity.
Contains Examples Of:
- Ageless Birthday Episode: There are birthday versions of some of princes with stories celebrating the birthdays of either the prince or the Heroine. They have little lasting effect outside those stories.
- Alice Allusion: The princes of Wondermare are based around the characters from Alice in Wonderland. Some of them make references to a girl named 'Alice' that they used to know but is gone now. Others, like Hearts, only know about Alice from the stories that the other princes tell of her.
- Alternative Calendar: The calendar in the game is the same as the 12-month Gregorian calendar, with the exception of the names which are all different.
- Ambiguous Time Period: The Main Story Part 1 and 2 have ambiguous time placing and though you can assume that Part 2 occurs after Part 1, the length of time between the two parts is unknown. In addition, the game events take place in an ambiguous time frame. It is assumed to have occurred in a linear timeline due to the rare comments made by the princes in reference to past events. Despite all this (including having the name of months being mentioned, having birthday versions of the princes and the fact that time should have passed over the course of the Main Story), most princes are still said to be the same age.
- Cast Full of Pretty Boys: Over a hundred.
- Child Hater: Inverted. In the Country of Circo, the princes and the children that inhabit that country all detest adults due to a certain incident that occurred in the past that also wiped out the entire adult population in the country.
- Christmas Episode: Every December comes with the arrival of new winter-themed events including Christmas-themed events. Previous events have had the Heroine telling them about Santa Claus and how to make snow angels.
- Colour-Coded for Your Convenience: The prince attributes are colour-coded; red for Passion, blue for Cool, green for Gentle, yellow for Cute and purple for Sexy. Each prince's attribute very loosely corresponds to their personality and does not change even with new event versions.
- Costume Porn: Unbelievably so.
- Everybody Is Single: All 175+ princes in the game are single with usually no mention of previous relationships except for a few cases. This is despite the fact that the majority of them range from their twenties to thirties.
- Floating Continent: Every single country is a floating continent. The only way to travel to and fro is on a 'moon road' on a floating ship.
- Guest-Star Party Member: Typically, you have to pick a support prince from either your friends or other random players around your rank level. But some stages will limit that to one or a list of designated princes to pick from.
- Halloween Episode: There is always at least one Halloween-themed event per year sometimes with a chance to obtain previous Halloween event reward princes.
- Hello, [Insert Name Here]: The Heroine. The Heroine not only doesn't have a default name, she goes unnamed even in the anime.
- Hot Springs Episode: Some events would involve a trip to the hot springs of Kaiten.
- Little Bit Beastly: There are a few of these.
- An episode of the short anime centers on some of them, from the Country of Beastman.
- There are also some who are thousand-year-old magical beings who have forms like this. Both they and the previous set have furry forms as well as kemonomimi forms.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: Excluding the Heroine, there are 178 characters that regularly cycle in and out for the in-game events with more characters yet to be released.
- Official Cosplay Gear: Replicas of the Prince Rings and the Princess Ring sold by Liefel.
- Officially Shortened Title: Yume100
- Only One Name: Nobody has a frigging last name in this game.
- Our Fairies Are Different: The "flower fairies" from Virastin. The entire population including the princes of Virastin are pretty much anthropomorphised flowers. Some of their powers or personalities derive from the species of plant they are based on (e.g. poison, flight, weird food taste for Akito, Lyon and Nepenthes respectively).
- Portmanteau Series Nickname: The original name Yume Oukoku to Nemureru Hyakunin no Oujisama (夢王国と眠れる100人の王子様, "The Dream Kingdom and A Hundred Sleeping Princes") is quite a mouthful so many simply refer to it as Yume100. Even the creators do this.
- Prince Charming: There are a wide variety of types of princes, but all of them have at least a little of this.
- Requisite Royal Regalia: Especially in rarer cards, and in their awakened forms.
- Spiritual Successor: It comes in the form of AkaSeka, which can be summed up as "Yume100, only overly Japanese".
- Starter Mon: You can pick between 15 3-star princes at the beginning: Lid, Apis, Vim, Rufen, Drei, Sky, Sakia, Totori, Sirius, Rolf, Zwei, Guido, Forma, Raith and Alfred. However, these princes aren't restricted to just being obtained then, you can easily get them in the free friendship coin gacha afterwards.
- Tactical RockPaperScissors: For the attributes, leading to increased attack and defense against the disadvantaged attribute. Passion beats gentle which beats cool which beats passion. Cute and sexy are super effective against each other, leading to increased attack but also decreased defense against the other.
- Take Your Time: It is possible to get by through the game without playing any of the Main Story missions. It is also possible to play Main Story Part 2 before Part 1 so completing any of the stories is up to the player.
- Theme Naming: If two or more princes are from the same 'country', expect this to be going on.
- The Smurfette Principle: Over 170+ obtainable princes and yet only one Heroine that plays a prominent part of the stories. Sometimes, side characters (which can be either male or female) are mentioned in-text but they don't have a sprite and are only mentioned because of some relation to the princes.
- Three-Stat System: Health Points (HP), Attack (ATK), and Recovery Points (RP).
- Warrior Prince: Pretty much every prince can fight, either using weapons or magic or other means.
- Winter Royal Lady: Genderbent with the Snowfilia brothers, Frost, Glacier, and Schnee.
- Valentine's Day Episodes: Every year, events themed around Valentine's Day happen. Though they're not referred to as Valentine's Day but 'Love's Day'.