10 Second Run is a video game released in 2010 for DSiWare and in 2013 for smartphones. In it, you play as a stickman and have to reach the goal while avoiding obstacles. Each level must be beaten within 10 seconds.
A sequel called 10 Second Run Returns was released in 2018 for Nintendo Switch. It has a much higher resolution and other graphical changes, but the gameplay is still familiar.
This game provides examples of:
- Bottomless Pit: There's a pit below every course and falling down results in death.
- Death Is a Slap on the Wrist: Dying makes you restart the level, but each level's only 10 seconds long.
- Interface Spoiler: The costume menu and some icons at the bottom spoil the fact that Returns actually has 100 courses.
- Invincible Minor Minion: No enemy can be killed, forcing you to outmaneuver them in most cases.
- Level Goal: A yellow/blue portal is at the end of each level.
- No Plot? No Problem!: No plot is provided anywhere in the game or trailers.
- One-Hit Point Wonder: The player character can only take one hit from enemies/obstacles before dying.
- Temporary Platform: Some square platforms crumble as soon as you step on them.
- Timed Mission: As the title implies, you have to beat each level within 10 seconds.