101 Shark Pets is a DSiWare pet-raising simulation game by Teyon. As the title suggests, the game has the player taking care of a baby shark pet. This was done by keeping the shark's statistic (health, food, drink, bladder, etc.) high enough. In the meantime, there are various mini-games and the sharks can be trained for shows in which the player earns money to take care of the shark.
A few months later, Teyon released the same game but with dolphins, 101 Dolphin Pets.
- Amazing Technicolor Wildlife: Some of the color schemes for the sharks are very bright (e.g. you can adopt pink sharks).
- An Interior Designer Is You
- All Animals Are Dogs: Taking care of the sharks is similar to taking care of dogs, given that you are also taking the shark on a walk (or swim).
- Everything Is Even Worse With Sharks: A rare inversion.
- Guilt-Based Gaming: Surprisingly averted, the game doesn't even run on real time. Though the meter depletes faster than most pet simulators.
- Fluffy the Terrible: If you want to.
- Mini-Game: There are lots of them.
- Not Allowed to Grow Up: The shark will always stay a baby.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: The sharks.
- Rule of Cute: One of the driving forces of the game.
- Video Game Caring Potential/Video Game Cruelty Potential: You can either torture your shark or you can pamper and care for it. The summary of the game in the official site seems to indicate for the latter.