A 1993 Light Gun Game made by Sega, based on the film, Alien³. Not to be confused with any of the other Alien³ games.
This game provides examples of:
- Bolivian Army Ending: A Weyland-Yutani enforcer (who is given the incredibly helpful name of "An Unidentified Man") is the final boss, sent to kill the space marines (I.E you) after they destroyed all of their "samples". After his death, a group of Weyland-Yutani soldiers greet the players. With a final "Let's go!", the soldiers charge forward as the screen fades to white. The text epilogue states that the marines' names were stricken from the USCM's records, and that no one knows if they are alive or dead.
- Boss-Only Level: The final level only features finishing off the Dragon by activating jets of molten lead on it and the battle with the Weyland-Yutani enforcer.
- Determinator: Hoo boy. Blow off an Xenomorph's arms or legs? It doesn't matter, the bastards will still try to kill you. A general rule of thumb is that if you shoot one down, it's not dead until its corpse turns grey.
- The Dragon manages to survive being dunked in a pool of molten lead, and slowly crawls towards you after emerging from it. Only when it is sprayed with water does it finally meet its end.
- Gameplay Grading: As you continues to amass points, you'll get a rank at the end of every level, starting at "Private" at the end of the first level and culminating in a rank of "General" at the end of the second-to last level if you play especially well.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: When it (finally) dies, the Dragon's upper half disintegrates, leaving its legs to collapse onto the floor.
- Jump Scare: The game is quite fond of having Xenomorphs pop up right in front of your vision.
- Should you opt not to continue after running out of health, you'll be treated to the lovely scene of a monochrome Xenomorph lunging at you, complete with a scream.
- Life Meter: It's on the bottom left, and it's a green bar, separated into 10 sections, decreasing from right to left, as you take damage.
- Smart Bomb: You start with three Bombs, which are used to clear the screen of enemies or deal major damage to bosses. More of them can be picked up by shooting power-ups.