You've just been sent into a school building as part of some sort of punishment. The conditions are simple: Explore the building for a bit. Should seem simple enough, right?
However, someone's in the building with you. And it seems they have homicidal intent planned.
Aka Manto contains examples of:
- Air-Vent Passageway: You can move about in the air ducts around the school. Just watch out for the centipede.
- Antagonist Title: The game is named after the enemy.
- Apocalyptic Log: Tape recorders can be found throughout the school that play tapes when interacted with.
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: The centipede in the vents is HUGE.
- Cobwebs Of Disuse: The inside of the school has quite a few cobwebs in it.
- Creepy Centipedes: A pretty big centipede is crawling around in the school's air vents.
- In the Hood: The Aka Manto wears a big red hooded cloak that covers its body.
- Multiple Endings: The game has a good and bad ending.
- Notice This: Items that you can pick up have a red aura.
- Retraux: The game uses 3D graphics, but has very low-resolution textures, presumably in order to emulate classic horror games from the original Playstation. However, while other Retraux horrors going for the same aesthetic have also emulated the third-person perspective with fixed camera angles (i.e. Back In 1995), this game is still played in first person, like the much more modern Amnesia: The Dark Descent-style horror games.