Film watched: The Undead
The Mystery Science Theater 3000 episode of this movie contains examples of:
- Batty Lip Burbling: During the lengthy and involved STAYYY!! climactic final choice, right in the middle of Diane-or-Helene's big speech:Diane/Helene: I must have help... [sobs] but it can come from none of thee. If I die while here, dozens more beyond that veil of death...
Servo: [as Diana/Helene] What I'm saying is *bbbilboblbldldy*
- Brain BleachServo: You know, Smolkin's naked sometimes, Mike.
Mike: ...Oh, damn you, Servo.
- But Wait, There's More!: When Satan appears in the graveyard, and people line up to sell their souls to him:Servo: If you pledge your soul, you'll get a Satan tote bag.
- Call-Forward: Sort of — Bobo sings the first few bars of "When the Swallows Come Back to Capistrano" over and over while making his midnight snack. The next episode, Terror from the Year 5000 has the Observers doing their best Ink Spots impression with "When I Held Your Brain in My Arms".
- Continuity Nod:
- Damned by Faint Praise: When the Observers are looking over the results of the IQ tests given to the castObserver: The one called "Gypsy" did rather well. 80th Percentile among robots of her kind, of which there is only one.
- Flashback Stares: The 'bots insist that Mike provides a COMPLETE recap of events up to and before his employment at Deep 13 — unfortunately, they send him back too far (complete with Kubrick Stare.)Mike: Never figured out why they fired me... hmm. Ah, yeah... I was late a lot, there was that... quite a bit, actually... showed up that one time from that kegger — I was all stinky, I hadn't showered... punched that guy from accounting that one time...
Tom: [nervous] Th-this isn't helping, Mike...
Mike: Someone really had it out for me, though... think I know who it was too... Oh, yeah...
Crow: M-Mike, honey... you're... you're scaring us...
- Genius Bonus: Bobo stacking boxes to find a reward is a reference to Sultan. Bobo: HEY! Where's the banana?
- Ho Yay: Invoked by Mike when PENDRA-gon is describing his encounter with Quintis:Pendragon: Oddly he spoke. Oddly he looked upon me.
Mike: Oddly did I feel down there.
- The Imp: During the final segment, Crow dons an imp costume and pretends to be the imp from the film, which consists mainly of cackling and periodically exclaiming, "I'm an imp!".
- Insistent Terminology: PEN-DRAGon, as opposed to PENdra-gon.
- Male Gaze: They eat it up when Livia is introduced with a slow pan up her body. And as Helene walks onscreen in her dress that draws your eye to a certain location:Servo: Showcasing: Breasts!
- Overly Long Gag:
- Power Incontinence: Livia, a witch from the film, escapes into the SoL, but is unable to control her powers and winds up transformed into a bottle of bleach. (She does make Crow scream in terror when she briefly turns into Pearl.)
- Running GSTAY!!!!ag
- When the knight who gets Mugged for Disguise first appears, Servo sings "Me in white satin..."
- When Livia decapitates Scroup, the tavern-keeper:Servo: If this were a Coen Brothers film, he'd be in the woodchipper so fast.
Crow: Oh yeah.
- Simpleton Voice: Mike and Crow affect these upon finding out that Tom proved himself intelligent enough to join the Observers.
- Strange-Syntax Speaker: One of the knights goes a little farther in his broken Ye Olde Englishe. Mike takes full advantage when he gets jumped.Mike: Me help! Attacked I'm being! Hitting me stop you must! God dear bleeding am I! Break my leg think I did you!
- Stylistic Suck: Smolkin's standards album, where every song is disrupted by his corpse/rat/filth Verbal Tic.
- Take That!: Servo has Mike put on Leonard Maltin -esque glasses and a beard and then read a Humiliation Conga statement in Maltin's voice so that Servo can yell at him as retaliation for giving The Undead three stars in his Video Guide.
- This Is Gonna Suck: Crow has this reaction upon seeing Roger Corman's name in the credits.Crow: Well, that's it, we're doomed.
- Ye Olde Butcherede Englishe: Mocked thoroughly:Servo: [as knight pulling Smolkin over] Pullest thy vehicle to the curb and showest me thy driver's license and registration. Did thou knowest how fast thou was driving?
- What the Hell, Hero?: Nobody's impressed with Pendragon stabbing Livia.Mike: And our brave knight stabs an unarmed woman! Way to go, Pendra-GON.