A series of novels written by Jeremy Rodden (with illustrations by Cami Woodruff) that follow the journey of multiple characters in the cartoon city called Toonopolis, which resides in the center of the Tooniverse. Toonopolis is a rest-stop for the thoughts and ideas of all sentient beings in the universe.
So far, three books for this series have been announced.
- Toonopolis: Gemini (May 2011)
- Toonopolis: Chi Lin (Winter 2011/2012)
- Toonopolis: Zephyr (Summer 2012)
Toonopolis: Gemini is the story of a boy that is transported into the Tooniverse by way of a scientific experiment, but once he gets there he finds he has amnesia and has no idea who he is or how he came to be there. As he tries to figure out his identity, he ends up forming a ragtag group of adventurers and (reluctantly) attempts to save the Tooniverse from a mysterious shadowy figure.
Tropes that encompass the entire series
- Hammerspace: Known to Tooniverse residents as C-spaces, or cartoon spaces.
- Adventure Towns: And one of these is literally called "Adventure Realm".
- Captain Geographic: If Lord Liberty isn't this, I'll eat my shoe.
- Genre Savvy: Gemini's Outsider status gives him insight to many aspects of the Tooniverse.
- Fun with Acronyms: League Of Superheroes Exuding Righteousness
- In the Name of the Moon: "That is an abomination that I cannot allow."
- Nerf Arm: Gemini actually points this out re: wooden swords.
- Non-Human Sidekick: Jimbob
- Portmanteau: Candemon.
- Red Light District: The Black Light District.
- Role-Playing Game Verse: Adventure Realm.
- Stick-Figure Comic: The image adorning the beginning of Chapter 11: Stick Tent-City