open/close all folders
- Almost anytime an anchor meets their first looper. For the first time in most likely a while, they aren't alone.
- Reactions to new loopers in general, especially if they happen to be close family or a Love Interest to the anchor.
- Anytime a villain starts looping and pulls a Heel–Face Turn because of time they spend with the heroes.
- Building on this, any time a former villain manages to earn/acquire a looping weapon or power that requires said person to be a pure soul or heroic.
- It's established that many of the oldest Loopers (Ranma and Naruto for sure, probably more) are so powerful that they are just a single step away from ascending to some level of godhood. Yet none of them have. Why? Because doing so would destroy their home universes, and despite everything, they still care enough to not want that to happen.
- Special mention goes to the newly-Looping Dumbledore and Harry putting their differences behind them, even if it was from the Spacebattles Loops. Innortal was a blatant Dumbledore basher, and the scars from that passed on to the Spacebattles Loops regardless of what opinions anybody there held about him. When he began Looping, Dumbledore even suffered from every flaw that was presented in him by Innortal, but then he met Dr. Thomas Light. After seeing somebody act like he felt he should have in Baseline, Dumbledore went off to correct his mistakes immediately, and has become one of the most common Looping Harry Potter characters to have something written about him.
Attack On Titan Loops
- Eren, Mikasa, and Armin as Nebulous Anchors more or less take the cake for heartwarming. In-universe, it's established that none of them can really function without one another (Armin's insecurity becomes unbearable, Eren loses all restraint, and Mikasa's nihilism comes to the forefront). While the Nebulous Anchor system was established to protect the Loop until a better Anchor candidate was found, for now all three are right where they belong: at each other's side.
- One Loop, they take the opportunity to use a pleasant location for a picnic. To the three, that was their idea of heaven.Good friends, good times, no fears. What is heaven, but that?
- Raditz from Dragon Ball getting a Loop where he is a hero and beloved by the citizens of Wall Maria after years of being poorly treated by fans, and by a Loop writer who had previously made Raditz a weak joke at that. Pity he won't remember it due to him not being a Looper, but Goku, Armin, Mikasa, and Eren will.
Cartoon Network Loops
- After realizing what Cree's first Loop was (a Fused Loop with The Conversion Bureau), Numbuh 5 takes the time to comfort her and Cree reveals that she was terrified of losing Abby. The duo even has a sisterly conversation.
- After Numbuh 1 reveals he is aware of her crush on him, Numbuh 362 is fully expecting to get shot down, only for Numbuh 1 to reveal he broke up with Lizzie and is interested in dating her. Numbuh 362 is overjoyed and the snip ends with Numbuh 1 admitting to seeing brand-new horizons for the first time since the Loops began.
- The date itself is rather cute as well. Both kids are having fun, Nigel making sure no one messes with them (the teens tried to spy on them and Lizzie is dating Lenny out of spite) and he uses his Loop powers to win Rachel a Rainbow Monkey from the arcade. It ends with them deciding to go out again.
- Even better, a Valentine's Day snip ends with them having their First Kiss.
- Once the Dolphin Magisword starts Looping, it calls Prohyas "papa". Prohyas instantly "gets something in his eye".
- Duncan taking the chance to apologize to Gwen for the way he treated her in Baseline. Gwen, in turn, says that she will be willing to consider giving him a second chance romantically.
- When Gwen goes looking for Duncan, she finds him on the cliff. When she realizes he is stargazing, he reveals why: it was something he and Vivian did all the time during their first Loop together and he misses her. Gwen just giggles and joins him.
- Duncan actually manages to reach out to Numbuh 86, who has been struggling with the fact she will never be as good as Numbuh 1. He tells her that instead of trying to match up to an Anchor, she should try to make her own mark in the Loops. Numbuh 1 even thanks him for managing to get through to her.
Fire Emblem Awakening Loops
- Robin's Determinator status. Not even the Gods turning him into a girl could stop him from being with Lucina and Morgan.
- Loop 1.7 has Robin and Lucina in a Hub Loop, simply relaxing and living like normal people. Considering the hell they go through in Baseline, they certainly deserved it.
Indie Game Loops
- The character who Awakened in the Undertale Loops during the Crisis was Napstablook. When Frisk learns about this, they text Mettaton, who comes rushing over. Cue a very heartwarming reunion between the two cousins.
- During Cuphead's first Loop, he reveals it to Mugman (who is the Anchor) and he breaks down in Cuphead's arms because he's been alone so long. Cuphead's reaction? To hug back and assure his brother they are together until the end of time.
- In a similar vein as the above, Shovel Knight telling Shield Knight (who just Awoke) that even after saving her all these times, he will never give up on her and will save her as many times as she needs him to.
- Shantae and Risky revealing that they now see each other as a daughter and mother figure, respectively.
- In the No Straight Roads Loop where Mayday and Zuke receive their 'welcome to the multiverse' speech (from Parappa The Rapper), it's revealed that Zuke's been holding out hope that his brother DK West might one day start looping.
- During Hades Order, Zagreus and Ritsuka spend the vast majority of the arc bonding to the point where they embody being the siblings they were made into that Loop. Ritsuka even has it being the catalyst for what they intends to do throughout the Loops as well, making their own identity out of their blank state.
Jurassic Park Loops
- Hammond's first Loop has him meeting Roxanne... who ends up calling him "dad".
- On the same note, a later Loop has Roxanne manifesting as a human - one of Hammond's grandchildren. The same Loop has Hammond decide to try to clone the Raptor Squad during the JP part of the timeline and asks Roxanne for some of their DNA... and Roxanne refuses because the clones would just be copies of the Squad, without anything that made them unique (and special to her). Hammond understands where she's coming from, and accepts her declination (and gives her a hug).
- Roxanne (a Looping, sentient Tyrannosaurus Rex) being the mate of freaking Godzilla (who is also Looping). And many feels are felt on the snips where they are together.
- After many Loops of them being at best Friendly Enemies (with the "enemy" part being totally on the human), Grant and Roxanne finally start to get along during a Digimon Tamers crossover Loop with Grant pulling a Big Damn Heroes moment to help a Roxanne that he had Driven to Suicide (not that Loopers can permanently die, but still...).
- Owen manages to obtain the power to talk to animals from Doctor Dolittle during a Loop and finds out what the Raptor Squad "talked" to the Indominus Rex about before going all Kill All Humans: they agreed to help the Indominus with her massacre as long as Owen and Barry were spared, didn't kill Claire and her nephews because they were unsure that they could pull it off without physically hurting Owen, and finally turned on the Indominus because she gloated that she would kill Owen and Barry anyway. Grant finds Owen having a drink when he explains him this.
- As loaded with Tranquil Fury because of his betrayal as it was, Hammond cannot prevent himself from saying this when he finds out that Henry Wu sold dinosaur DNA to Umbrella Corporation in a Loop (during the JP part of the timeline, where Hammond had some control over Wu's actions and thus allowed him some forgiveness for the JW part of the timeline):
- "I thought of you like a son. And you sell my life's work to the worst of humanity? (taser jolt) "I'm Disappointed in You, my boy. You're fired and prison bound."
- Hammond's reason to try to improve Jurassic Park Loop after Loop? Because he still feels like he needs to atone for the disaster of the Nublar Incident.
- Hammond adopting Roxanne.
Mega Man Loops
- From chapter 12, doubling as a Tear Jerker, the vigil for the Loop That Never Was (the Loop that was annihilated in the process of getting the Mega Man Branch Looping).
Crisis: Ideas are very difficult things to kill. They may fade with time or slip out of your mind as soon as they slipped in, but they always seem to pop up again. Perhaps a bit different due to the passage of time or distance in space, and typically with no clue that they ever existed previously in any form, but still alive and well.
- The author's note just adds to it.
The Lost Loop, to us, is the Story Never Written. It does not exist and never will, for the writer who would have written it set it aside, and moved on to other projects, never to return. But that characters and ideas that made it up still exist. The characters from the Story Never Written were recycled and adapted for other stories, and the ideas are reused in a new setting. The Story Never Written still exists in pieces, and those pieces can be found in other stories you are familiar with. You may never know which pieces those are, but they are there nonetheless.
- For the 12 Loops of Christmas (a project where authors created 12 Loops, inspired by the season), the Heartwarming stuff included here you'll see: 8 Robot Masters (Wily attempts to take over with 8 Chanukah-themed masters, and Mega does not let the fire go out during the defeat of the masters), 7 Maverick Hunters (a relatively peaceful moment within the X universe in a Variant Loop), 4 Guardians (Zero-era Variant Loop, with a Christmas dinner), and A Machine for Dr. Wily! (the Light family give Wily a machine they built for the holidays).The Light Family's Card: Merry Christmas, Dr. Wily!
Hope you like your present! We all worked very hard on it, so we hope you use it the next time you try and take over the world (while kindly overlooking the fact that we'd clearly know all its weak spots)! It's large, well-armored, very well armed with all the latest in state-of-the-art experimental (non-lethal) weaponry, and the best part is, it's powered by a coal furnace! Something we're all sure you have plenty of after the way you've behaved all year. Happy Holidays and we'll see you at your next attempt at conquest!
The Light Family.
- The redemption of Zero.exe, particularly Hephaestus' thoughts on the matter:The redemption of Zero.exe may not have been necessary for the successful completion of baseline events, but... but over the long course of getting this branch to the point of even cursory looping stability and watching his assigned Anchors struggle he'd come to appreciate their attitude all the more. Stand tall in the face of adversity. Never back down from the oppressors. And redeem everyone you could.
It wasn't necessary, no, but he wanted them to have this victory nonetheless.
- Though it hasn't been officially revealed, it's fairly obvious that he's since become Yuichirou's new Net Navi.
- Chapter 1 has Korra and Asami waking up just after the end of Book 4, and not sure what to do, deciding to go from there. Asami immediately hugs Korra ridiculously hard. Chapter 2 confirms they decide to stay together. The author's note adds to it:Say what you will, but just know one thing! If you want to sink this ship, you'll have to go through all of Yggdrasil!
- When Trixie Tang starts Looping, she spends her time between realizing that her reputation will be reset every time and being noticed as a Looper by being friendly to the unpopular kids and generally being nice.
- The fact that, despite the fact he is an MLE and a complete idiot, Timmy is willing to think of Billy as his friend.
- Jenny's The Knights Who Say "Squee!" moment with Zero.
- Squidward almost instantly warming up to the inklings when he realizes that they utterly adore and worship him (and hate Squilliam).
- Danny arranging for his parents to adopt Dani any chance he gets, even though his parents aren't looping.
Other Nintendo Loops
- Bowser being overjoyed when Bowser Junior starts Looping.
- Susie reuniting with Haltmann during her first Loop.
- Kirby's theory as to how Susie started Looping. In short, he was the only one Awake the Loop prior and she was the only Dream Friend around, claiming she wanted to help in order to redeem herself for what she did. Kirby clearly enjoyed the company and speaks of it highly.
- Lucas saving Claus from becoming Brainwashed and Crazy, which also gets him Looping.
- Meta Knight adopting Duncan and Vivian has several cute moments all around.
- After calming down from his freakout, Duncan apologizes to Vivian for lashing out at her, who forgives him almost instantly.
- When Marx tricks them into going to the Great Cave Offensive, Duncan learns about what Vivian's original sisters were like and says they don't deserve her. Later parts of the Loop also show him becoming a Cool Big Bro.
- The first time the duo calls Meta Knight "dad".
- And too top it off, the snips end with the threesome deciding to stay a family.
- A majorly painful incident involving Awake!Link forging a super sword and trying it out in a Baseline Loop, Awake!Navi feeling worthless thus having her forge her own sword and gain sword skills so she can show Link that she is not worthless, and thus the fight with Dark!Link being majorly brutal with a trip to Eiken being the end result. After they get back, Navi vents her frustrations at Link about being worthless. Link confesses that he knew that Navi has a life beyond being his partner, and swears to be a better partner and friend to her.
- It's small, but the Kirby Loopers minus Kirby himself all star gazing while they wait for him to return after the Crisis.
- Aureate Sun for the Fire Emblem: Three Houses Loops. Despite being a Null Loop (basically having no outside Loop powers whatsoever), Sayori (replacing Marianne) and Byleth join forces to create what Fódlan sorely needed: a Golden Ending, using nothing more than creating friendships on Sayori's part, an exposure of Solon and Kronya, and liberal use of memories from the four paths of Byleth's Branch on their part. Doubles as Awesome.
- Doubles as awesome, but what makes Bowser decide that the Black Hat Organization needs to be taught a painful lesson? Them threatening to hurt Bowser Junior.
- 1.9 - The first Loop that Ash and Pikachu are Looping together in.
- 8.3 - Mewtwo teams up with BlackWarGrayMon.
- 9.8 - Ash giving Morrison a rousing speech after he lost in the final eight during a Loop in which he mentored him. Doubly so because it was meant as a birthday present for Oath."No one starts off as a perfect trainer. We all make mistakes, and even when we don't we sometimes just end up going against someone that much better than ourselves. However, if you let a single loss get you down, your letting everyone down. A wise man once said, fall down seven times, get up eight. Take what you have learned from this loss, and channel it. Improve yourself, and show them all that your going to become a Pokémon Master. The mark of a good trainer isn't that he never looses, the mark of a good trainer is someone who learns from his losses and improves by them."
- 10.2 - Ash talking with Pikachu about discovering his Baseline father's identity having been lost due to the Crash.
Star Wars Loops
- Any Loop where Anakin gets to be a parental figure to Luke or Leia, considering their usual... family issues.
- An entire Loop was even dedicated to Anakin seeking out advice to be a better parent, really highlighting how much the guy wants to change his Baseline family situation.
- When Yoda finally reveals himself as a Looper to Anakin, Yoda admits that Anakin's view on things was a breath of fresh air the Jedi needed, and though Yoda doesn't approve of Anakin's methods, he understands the reasons for them.
- The story of Simon's Loops and his encounter with the world of Uzumaki.
- Johnny Joestar saying that the one good thing about his situation in the Loops is being with Gyro Zeppeli, his best friend who died at the end of Steel Ball Run, once again.
- In a Sailor Moon Loop based on Shadow Jack's "Where I Watch Sailor Moon" thread, Usagi gives the Holy Grail to Hotaru AKA Sailor Saturn.
- An incident in How To Train Your Dragon Loop 6.2, where Hiccup and Toothless go Skrill-catching. This involves Hiccup jumping off Toothless' back at the Skrill in the middle of a thunderstorm, tagging it with an item, and falling off - only to be caught again by Toothless. This is all planned out, and is a beautiful expression of trust.
- The entirety of the "funeral for a Looper" snip featuring several Loopers giving eulogies at a version of Batman's funeral.
- It may be rare, but every now and again the Loops will throw up a version of Gendo Ikari who is not a bastard. This is exemplified in a How To Train Your Dragon crossover Loop where Rei prevented Gendo from seeing Yui ever again. The poor man threw himself back into his work and eventually rehabilitated enough to actually hug Rei.
- Rincewind is so good at running away that, in all his Loops, Death has never caught him. The one exception to this was in a Hub Loop: when Sir Terry Pratchett (creator of the Discworld universe) died, Rincewind did not run away from Death but instead chose to walk with him.
- A How To Train Your Dragon/Warhammer 40,000 Fused Loop where Hiccup and Toothless find themselves on a planet facing the Great Crusade, possibly before 40K started Looping. When asked what to do, Toothless' answer is a familiar canticle, which Hiccup finishes with him."Worlds are lost, and worlds are saved / by those dangers dragon braved."
- The restoration of the Puella Magi Madoka Magica Loops: Madoka, newly-minted Admin for her Branch, meets with her friends, her Loopers, and personally tells them of the new situation within the Loops, and that now, more than ever, she will be protecting them as not just the Law of Cycles, but the Admin Goddess of their entire Loop.
- In the Restoration Loop, they run through a full Baseline, including Rebellion. They managed to keep the Everybody Lives ending, with a cherry on top: Madoka did purify Homura's soul gem successfully, meaning they averted Devil!Homura as well. Greatest Ending Ever.
- In the RWBY Loops, Blake had a Fused Loop with the Naruto universe as an Uchiha and has considered Sasuke her brother ever since. At one point, she begins to think how delusional such a claim is since countless other Loopers have Looped in as blood relatives to Sasuke before. Sasuke himself sits her down in one Loop and very plainly snaps her out of her Heroic BSoD by pointing out the feeling is completely mutual in that he always sees Blake as his little sister, regardless of their Loop scenarios.
- When Nineteen Eighty-Four started Looping for an unknown reason, naturally Skuld went to the Lovecraftian hackers and Slendy to see if they had anything to do with it Looping. They all told her that even they have standards.
- When Winston Looped into MLP as Double Speak, he ended up in an insane asylum where Twilight Sparkle gave him the Speech. This helped him immensely, as it meant that the Party could never permanently kill him and that one day Julia might end up Looping as well because even though she betrayed him, he still loves her.
- When Mukuro Ikusaba starts looping, she understandably freaks out as she remembers dying at Junko's hands. She ends up going to Makoto, fully expecting him to reject and hate her for what she did. How does Makoto react? By comforting her until she calms down and treating her with kindness. He even allows her to spend the night in his room to prevent Junko from catching her.
- They have another moment together once the Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak High School expansion comes. After she murders Junko and destroys the brainwashing video, she breaks down to Makoto and says that she's a terrible person. Makoto tells her that she is not the person she was in Baseline and she would never do what she did now that she's looping. Mukuro tells him that he hasn't changed at all from Baseline and that's what she loves about him.
- During the activation of Fate/Grand Order, a desperate Odin asks help from Yog-Sothoth to help stabilize the loop, as the in-loop Yog-Sothoth was attempting to make Abigail Ascend. Yog-Sothoth comes through, he helps patch the backdoor as best as he can, saves Abby from the control of his in-loop counterpart, activates her as a looper along with her best friend who otherwise could never possible loop, and even enables her to activate the man who saved her life as a looper. He then binds their souls together and sends them to the multiverse. Not only did he go above and beyond for a little girl, they kept in contact the whole time and Abby calls him "grandpa." It's honestly sweet.
- The restoration of the Madoka Loops came about due to numerous snip writers getting behind Madoka, declaring that she had been a Cosmic Chew Toy to the Admins for long enough and deserved a chance to redeem herself.
- Any time the snip writers manage to come together after bad arguments can end up being incredibly Heartwarming. For all they tend to butt heads and get into long-winded arguments, these snip writers can work past their issues and come to some great agreements.
- As an example of the above, at one point a writer felt that the threads were filled with too much hate between writers, and considered leaving the Loops. In response, several writers responded with understanding, sadness, and regret that they nearly drove someone away. One person even offered to hug their computer in lieu of an actual hug.
- In a similar vein as the above, any time the snip writers work together on stories. It's clear that in spite of all the conflicts, they can work together and often make some very good stuff when they work together.