By virtue of being Lighter and Softer and more focused on humor than most Kamen Rider series, Den-O is naturally filled with hilarity.
- Anytime Deneb causes trouble for Yuto, causing the latter to give the former some beating. Especially when it's about shiitake.
- Anytime people mentioned a word that even vaguely resembles "naku" (to cry), Kintaros would hear this and take over forcefully.
- Anytime Owner tries to finish his rice, the flag falls down, causing him to leave the dish, even if he hadn't finish it yet.
open/close all folders
Episode 1: I Have Arrived!
- How are we introduced to the main character? He managed to get stuck on top of a tree on his bike.
- Ryotaro unknowingly runs over Momotaros when he asks for his wish.
Episode 2: Ride On Time
- Momotaros at the receiving end of a slap upside his head by Hana.
- At the end of the episode, Momotaros pesters to Ryotaro of if he finally made his wish. Ryotaro complies, to Hana's dismay, only for him to state that said wish was to keep thinking about it. Momotaros is anything but amused while Hana is, with her stating to him that "A wish is a wish."
Episode 5: Will You Let Me Reel You In?
- A very small one, but the Crust Imagin telling Den-O he doesn't want to find him while trying to continue to fulfill his mission.
Episode 7: Jealousy Bomber
- Urataros trying to "reconcile" and "atone" for what he did with Momotaros by offering his a special coffee, which resulted in Momotaros falling asleep while he goes out and have some fun in Ryotaro's body. A minute after Hana aggressively woke him up, Momotaros then realized that he was "reeled in" by another of Urataros' lies and gets vexed at him again.
Episode 8: Sad Melody, Loving Memory
- As Ryotaro tries to continuously reason with Yumi, he gets hit with a bunch of stuff, like a baseball for example. This puzzles Yumi.
Episode 10: Hana In A Stormy Singularity Point
- When yet-to-be-named Kintaros is about to disappear, Ryotaro suggests Kintaros to get inside him to save his life and to use his power. Momotaros and Urataros (who spits his coffee) did not take this well.
Episode 13: Okay? I Can't Hear Your Answer
- Naomi's Gold Gentleman Coffee, which makes Momotaros and Kintaros act like polite, cultured gentlemen, complete with Bishie Sparkle. Oh, and then Momo mimicked Tendou's Character Tic!
Episode 14: Dance With Dragon
- Momotaros, Urataros, and Kintaros put aside their differences try to get rid of Ryutaros, but with a ticket to the DenLiner, this is impossible.
- The others convincing Ryutaros not to kill Ryotaro as that would make Airi very sad.
Episode 15: Bath Jack Panic
- Ryotaro is being held hostage, and Airi's reaction is...keep making coffee. When Ozaki asks how she can be so calm in this situation, she realizes he's right, and starts making "Ryo-chan" some special hostage snacks. EVERY man in the Milk Dipper Face Faults.
- In that very same episode, Ryutaros is out loose and about to attack the man that is causing the whole situation (Airi is also in the same house where Ryotaro was being held hostage) and the only thing that can stop him? Momotaros forcing him to call Airi. Even better? Just listen to their ringtones.
- The Whale Imagin being a slow speaker.
Episode 16: Star Of Happiness, Criminal's Surrender
- Ryutaros possessing Ryotaro and forming his cred of street dancers to drive away the police officers surrounding the bathhouse.
- Near the end of the episode, Hakamada and Mogi wished to turn themselves in, only to learn that the police were actually after an armed robber in the bank next door. They then run after the police to continue attempting to do so.
Episode 18: A Clockwork Fiancé
Episode 19: That Man, Zero's Start
- Deneb possessing Yuto and apologizing for him to Ryotaro and Momotaros while giving a peace offering through his candies. Cue Yuto expelling him from his body for using his body in such a forcefully kind manner.
Episode 21: Fighting Style
- Yuto initially declining to help out on selling goods for the Tanabata Festival, only for Deneb to possess him and stating that he'll do so through his possession. Yuto gets into another dispute with Deneb again, thus leading the former to reluctantly agreeing with Ryotaro to help out, solely on the grounds that he doesn't want Deneb to possess his body while doing so.
- On the DenLiner, Ryutaros has been drawing, and attacks anyone who steps on any of the drawings, one of which depicts Den-O Gun Form shooting Zeronos, to Urataros' dismay.
Episode 22: An Unspeakable Future
- As Ryotaro walks with Hana, he suddenly walks back upon realizing that she's taking off her clothes and changing into the tiger costume.
- Urataros and Kintaros in a penguin and elephant costumes.
- Ijima realzing that Tanaka was the one who had his injuries staged and threatened to fire him.
- As Ura and Kin were watching, the Tortoise Imagin then appeared towards them and eventually knocked Kintaros into sand as he was fighting him.
Episode 23: Enter The Prince, Kneel Down To Him!
Episode 27: Schedule-Disrupting Fang
- Deneb and the watermelon helmet. "I made this by biting!"
- Also in the same episode we are introduced to two thieves breaking into Milk Dipper in the middle of the night. The one wearing a red suit apparently farts, much to his partner's chagrin. Later, Ryoutarou starts sleepwalking in front of them and towards the telephone. The thieves thought he was going to call the police but he said Itadakimasu before falling down sleeping again. What makes this even funnier is that Momotaros possesses him later and said his catchphrase in a creepy way to freak out the thieves.
Ryotaro (Momotaros): Ore...[shows his face] sanjou.
Episode 28: Too Lucky, Too Excited, Too Strange
Episode 29: Lucky Horror Show
- Hana getting disqualified for getting scared and decking the first "zombie".
- As the Taros take turns in possessing Ryotaro to complete the challenge, Momotaros' turn has him scared by a chihuahua statue. Kintaros takes over, only to open a door to a disqualifying room with Ryutaros upset that he does not have his turn.
- Even better is Momotaros' complaint to Kintaros once they get disqualified.
- Ryotaro is in a pinch with the Wasp Imagin. He decided to use the Climax Form while the Imagins are trying to figure out a way to make their hearts into one. What did the Imagins do to become one?
Episode 30: Madam, How About the Fireworks?
Episode 31: Ai Need Yu
- Plat Form nearly got his, standing on a building ready for battle...until target Imagin fires at him, causing him to lose balance and fall off.
- Momotaros saves a girl as Den-O, and stops to perform his infamous Catchphrase. Problem? He's right beside the girl, and thus has no space to pose. Annoyed by the lack of space, he growls at her to get behind him AND HE STILL TAKES THE TIME TO FINISH IT.
Episode 33: Time Traveler, Kohana
- Hana turning into a young girl surprises everyone. Ryutaros keeps bullying her with soap bubbles until Momotaros told him to stop and confront her.
Momotaros: Hey! Are you really that shitty flower girl?!
[Young Hana/Kohana punches him in the face]
Momotaros: [turns around to his friends normally] It really is the shitty flower girl. [collapses]
- Ryotaro calling the deaged Hana "Kohana" to Airi. Cue the then-newly-named Kohana pinching Ryotaro for that.
- Yuto carrying Kohana to her dismay, banging at his back, demanding him to let her go.
Episode 35: Tragic Resurrection Card Zero
- Ryotaro starts a special training program under Kohana's guidance with Kintaros to become stronger. Kohana had tried previously with both Momotaros and Urataros, but due to Momotaros' love for fighting and Urataros' flirting, she grounds the both of them on the DenLiner, away from Ryotaro. Best seen with the image shown above.
Episode 36: No Possession, No Secession, Train Slash!
- While in Liner form for the first time, Momotaros told Ryotaro to name his special move/finisher (Hissatsu Waza) WHILE FREAKING DOING IT. He does not know what cool name he could use at the heat of the moment so he just go with Densha Giri (Train Slash). Everyone else comment: No sense of taste!
Episode 39: And Then There Were No Riders
- During the battle near the start of the episode, Ryotaro informs Momotaros he's going against his battle advice (for when Ryotaro is in Liner Form) from a few episodes ago, Momotaros tells both Ryotaro and the Imagins to forget what just happened, then... he starts the fight over again, putting down the Den-Gasher, even repeating his catchphrase. The battle music even restarts!
- A Funny Foreground Event when Naomi is playing darts...and Ryutaros is ''holding the dartboard for her.'' He already has a dart stuck in his forehead.
- Deneb possessing Yuto to make shopping for groceries easier. Or not, as Yuuto's voiceover keeps going 'no shiitake' every chance he gets — so Deneb actually looks away while reaching for shiitake. It doesn't work and Yuto forces Deneb out and started beating him in public.
Episode 41: Candy Sandal
Episode 44: Resolution Of A Single-Action
Episode 49: The Climax Goes On, No Matter What
- After Kai's defeat, it looks like the Taros disappeared with the rest of the Imagins. Well, no: they're just hiding in a nearby trench to surprise Ryotaro. And then they start arguing when they realize they waited for too long and missed the perfect moment for their surprise.
Movies and Crossovers
- From Ore Tanjou, when Momotaros reveals himself to amnesiac Ryotaro and Kotaro for the first time, the latter two faint at the same time.
- From Climax Deka:
- The scene where Ryutaros goes in and starts arresting people who look like they'd be part in an Evil Organization. It goes Up to Eleven because he brought his dance posse with him and they all start beating up these innocent bystanders and handcuff them once they're pummeled to the ground.
- Later on, the DenLiner 'precinct' car gets packed with all the buggers he brought in. Among them are male crossdressers...
- From Final Countdown:
- Den-O Sword Form is fighting a large number of enemies, boasts how he will beat them all, and then slides on a slope. Might be a Throw It In!, considering how Momo himself was caught by surprise.
- Yuki Hijack Form jumps from a second-story height to ride a horse. Momotaros tells Ryotaro that they should follow suit. Momotaros succeeds, Ryotaro doesn't.
- The Tricked Out Time segment in Onigashima Battleship. Oh lord...
- After defeating Goldra in Onigashima Battleship, Momotaros falls through the sky in the DenBird, crying in despair before being picked up by the DenLiner. His cry sounds like "Mommy!"
- Speaking of the Onigashima Battleship: As noted on his character page, Momtaros gives nicknames to everyone, including Sieg, who has the nickname "Chicken Wings". However, when Tsukasa brings Sieg to the battle, it sounds less like Momotaros is complaining about Sieg coming there, and more like he's complaining about what Tsukasa got for lunch.
- This, with a funny use of All Your Powers Combined.
- The Mantis Imagin in Chou Den-O Episode Blue turns out to be a Kawaiiko — and possibly Too Kinky to Torture.
- Kotaro/New Den-O's attempts at using the Imagin weapon forms. Urataros as a fishing line somehow hits RYOTARO by accident.
- When that whole business of tossing the LinerPass aside every time they do the finisher is finally addressed in Chou Den-O Episode Yellow. It turns out that whenever they throw the pass away, they are forced to look for it again which later causes trouble when Daiki Kaitou took it before they could reclaim it.
- When Kintaros does his Finishing Move, instead of throwing the pass away like usual, he properly puts it on his back instead.
- Pretty Den-O Appears: After the Taros take down the Shocker Combatmen, one of them declares that they hired Crisis Empires strongest warrior to help them out. After a dramatic buildup
it turns out to be a Chap, who goes down easily.
- Episode 1: Momotaros Momotarou part 1
- Momotaros went on a journey to eliminate Oni (just like Momotarou story) with Urataros (Dog), Kintaros (Monkey) and Ryuutaros (Pheasant). However, Ryuutaros and the others complained about their roles and they all stare at Momotaros when Urataros suggest they should decide who should be Monkey. The setup was rearrange with Urataros, Ryuutaros, Momotaros and Kintaros takes the role of Momotarou, Dog, Monkey, and Pheasant respectively. Momotaros isn't please being called Saru-san (Mr Monkey or Monkey-san) while being call Saru-noji by Kintaros and eating banana gave by Ryuutaros. Even worse, Urataros decides to change their destination and Momotaros left the team to go to Onigashima while realizing that he can't swim. Even funnier is that a shark appear afterwards.
- Momotaros becomes ridiculously cute with his new catchphrase: Ore Junjou (pure).
- The Imagins becoming a doctors. It's totally hilarious, with Momo trying to launch a hissatsu attack on the patient, Urataros captured the patient using threads and Kintaros attempting to cut the patient with kitchen knife twice. Ryuutaros seems more competent than the three but he have hearing problems, and the patient seems to be dead. Though it turns out the patient itself was alive and it is Deneb, who leave afterwards.
- The Imagin Anime episode "The Secret Kamen Rider Room". Especially the part where Ryuutaros finds a magazine of gravure photos of Wakana Matsumoto (Airi) and the other Imagin suddenly look...rather happy. (Except Ura, who immediately confiscates the magazine, and Eve, whom Ura keeps interrupting to avoid accessing info on WHY the staff would have such an item in the office.)
- And that ep. where the censoring of inter-franchise references gets thrown out the window, as the Taros meet a potential new member...Ultraman Taro.
- The entire plot has Momotaros attempting to become the new Toei mascot. When he gets talked down from that, he goes for the next best thing: Trying to get his face on the HeartCatch Pretty Cure! poster right below the Toei Animation logo!
- Urataros trying to talk Momotaros out of fighting Ultraman Taro is a lot funnier if you remember that there was a crossover between Kamen Rider and Ultraman in the past.
- The Kamen Rider Den-O arc of Kamen Rider Decade pretty much is the two single most silly episodes in the series. Starts with everyone in the main cast being possessed and ends with Yuusuke mistakenly Rider Kicking one of the heroes and only giving him a kick in the neck as a result.
- Momotaros' Final Attack Ride. It's just a souped-up version of Sword Form's own Finishing Move. "Attaching" Kamen Rider Kuuga to the blade, on the other hand...Funnier when you remember that in that form, that Attack means he should be attaching to Kuuga's head. Which says some strange things about the Final Form Rides when your head seems to literally become your ass...
- Later on, when Tsukasa decides to try out the Den-O powers for himself, he quickly finds that their Attack Ride cards will cause him to mimic their catchphrases...and nothing else. The ZECT Riders facing him are less than amused, and proceed to bum-rush him...causing the Decade Driver to announce Kintaros' catchphrase as they, indeed, make Tsukasa cry.