Republic City Blues is a noir-AU fan fiction of The Legend of Korra, written by Beech27. The plot focuses on detective Korra's efforts to infiltrate the Sato syndicate.
Republic City Blues contains examples of:
- The Ace: Asami, even more than in the main series. On top of being a great engineer, martial artist, and driver, she's her father's second-in-command in their criminal enterprises, the lead engineer of Future Industries, and an absolutely lethal combatant.
- Appropriated Appellation: Asami's moniker of "Red Raven" has become the name of a jazz club.
- Bodyguarding a Badass: Asami doesn't have any bending abilities, but she's better with a gun and much more ruthless than Korra.
- The Confidant: Korra to Asami.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Korra, very frequently, around Asami.
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: Asami.
- Femme Fatale: Asami, in contrast to subverting expectations in the series.
- Film Noir: Detectives, criminals, darkness, etc. Prohibition-era United States is a major inspiration.
- Fish out of Water: Korra quickly becomes aware of how in over her head she is, getting orders, going undercover, and winding up at Asami's side in less than two days.
- Purple Prose: Most of what Bolin says. When trying to impress women, at least.
- Red and Black and Evil All Over: Asami again.
- Red Baron: Asami is referred to as the "Red Raven".
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: Korra has to repeatedly deny that she and Asami have become an item.
- These Hands Have Killed: Korra doesn't react well to killing for the first time.
- Unreliable Narrator: The entire story is told in first person, and only from Korra's perspective. Unfortunately, she's not very genre savvy.