A roleplay in the Kingdom Hearts series, Origins follows a group of new keyblade wielders as they discover who they are and what they mean to the universe around them. All while a rogue agent of their organization fights to destroy them and everything they hold dear.
- Kingdom Hearts: Being the original game, this has the strongest influence on this fan series.
- Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
- Kingdom Hearts II
- Kingdom Hearts coded
- Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days
- Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep: Fanon from before Birth by Sleep's release, but also the armor and a few other concepts.
- Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance: It's only effect on this series is the Realm of Sleep.
Source Material / Media UsedThe series contains appearances by characters and locations from the following games, films and franchises. Labeled after each is which installment it appears in, abbreviated, and its role. (w) for "world" means you visit the location and can explore. (c) for "character" means only that characters from that franchise show up, whether in the form of a summon, or you meet them in person. (r) for "reference" means merely that the franchise is referenced in some way, such as art or architecture, or the world shows up in a non-interactive form.
- The Demonata: MFM (c)
Installments of this series includes
This is not a weapon's story This is the story of the call to the Great War
Until one day without having done anything truly fascinating a radiant creature came to him in dreams. "Don't be afraid," it said. "We've met before remember?" But the man could not. The creature answered all his questions before he asked them and convinced the man they had met before. "Look around you " it began anew. "Do you know who they are ?" But the man did not. This time, the creature did not answer his questions, of which there were many. Instead, it told him to look in his heart.
But there was no light he could see. Beneath him stood a pillar of glass a mosaic of his mother, a youthful soul, in her prime. Around him sat a dense fog many stars shining through it. But there was no light in his heart that he could see.
Then the man awoke. He felt the dream had been more than just a dream, and worried that he was not what he had thought he was. Worried he had no Light in his heart.
Days went by until the man finally slept from exhaustion. And the Light creature returned. It asked him many questions, but each inquiry met another. Both wanted to know so much about the other until the Light creature finally broached another line of questioning. It wanted to know what kind of man he was.
Then the man awoke. He felt worse than before when he realized his questions remained unanswered.
Days went by until a blade of light shone from his hand and he set out to find his answers.
The man discovered many secrets of the World on his journeys. He discovered his Light and whom the mosaic woman had been. He traveled with newly made friends and mourned them after they passed. But in his dreams, they came to him. Many knew nothing about their predicaments, but some would speak with the creature that came to the man many years ago.
They warned him of a Great Threat. Another World like theirs but different. They told the man of the Other Realm what we call the Realm of Darkness and warned him of a Great Creature. It would soon come to devour him and his magic blade of which there was only one.
They instructed the man how to save the World, but after each waking, he would forget. He tried time and time again to remember, but each time nothing remained. So the man made his own plans hoping his heart would know what his mind forgot.
Utilizing his friends' knowledge and adventurous spirits, he coordinated the creation of an organization. This was what we know today simply as the Organization, though many old souls may call it "Organization Three-and-One". Others still call us the Old Guard or Denizens of Light.
We have many names today, and you new recruit will learn them all.
TropesAs this has yet to be published or anything, these tropes will be for everything (excluding individual characters) from concepts to enemies.
- Elemental Powers: Spells work similarly to the first canon installment, i.e., character gets orb leads to character using spells. These are classified into eight "Elemental Essences", though there are four to-be-revealed as the plot unfolds. Each of these Essences is taken or adapted from the games, including the special attacks Organization XIII members have available.
- Fire Essence: Fire, heat, and even malleable armor.
- Mainly based on spells available to Sora and Axel.
- Thunder Essence: Lightning, speed, and duplication.
- Mainly based on spells available to Sora and Larxene.
- Ice Essence: Cold, protection, and stagnation.
- Mainly based on spells available to Sora and Vexen.
- Wind Essence: Gusts, weight, magic music, and sound.
- Mainly based on spells available to Sora and Xaldin.
- Light Essence: Shining, barriers, and healingnote .
- Mainly based on spells available to Sora, Roxas (specifically in Kingdom Hearts II), Queen Minnie, and King Mickey.
- Gravity Essence: Force, distance, and speed and clairvoyance.
- Mainly based on spells available to Sora, Xigbar, and Luxord.
- Water Essence: Water, energy transfer, and healing.
- Earth Essence: Stone and sand manipulation, and protection.
- Mainly based on spells available to Lexaeus.
- There are other Essences, such as Darkness, Flora, and "Dream," but they're less understood than the above Essences.
- Fire Essence: Fire, heat, and even malleable armor.
- Elemental Tiers: There are three levels for every spell, but in any given element, there are weapon spells.
- The Heartless: The Unversed is the main enemy type of this series, though there is a new type: The Unknown.
- Made of Magic: The Unknown
- Mega Crossover: See "Media Used" folder above...
- Original Characters: Due to the period the series takes place, characters found in the series cannot be used.
- This extends to worlds found throughout the series.
- Original Flavour: Since this series takes place in the distant past, the only canon remains are basic concepts, The Heartless, Unversed, and the "a-new-enemy-type-every-major-installment" thing.
- Period Fic
- Spell Levels: Follows the "[spell]", "[spell](a)ra", and "[spell](a)ga" format from canon, but spells can change drastically from one level to the next.
- Theme Naming: The Unknown, elementals, are named after the Western Zodiac.