Shouta Aoi (蒼井 翔太, born August 11, 1987) is a singer, actor, and voice actor. As a performer, he's quite the popular person; affiliated with 2 different production companies for his activities (King Records for singing, and S Inc. for voice work). He's known for his light, feminine voice and features, which unsurprisingly earned him many voice acting and stage play roles as Bishōnen young men, and in many cases a cross cast role as a girl (and an attractive one too). You'll often see him voicing characters in music-based shows or idol series because of his musical background.
Shouta Aoi first started his career as a singer after being a finalist in the Yamaha Teen Music Festival 2004. He debuted in 2006 under the Stage Name "Showta", but his singing career never fully took off. After leaving his label, he started releasing music independently under the name "Noboru Ryugaki." He started to gain prominence in The New '10s through being in stage productions, but what snowballed his newfound popularity was his Star-Making Role in Uta no Prince-sama, leading him to have a Career Resurrection in music.
These days, he's one of the most popular voice actors of The New '10s and has even been nicknamed a "Great Angel" due to his soft voice.
He can also time travel.
- Ai Mikaze in Uta no Prince-sama
- Asahi Ohtori in Band Yarouze!
- As Himself in Pop Team Epic (and by that, we mean in flesh and blood. While everything else is animated.)
- Reprises the Pop Team Epic version of himself in Gal and Dino
- Cagliostro in Symphogear AXZ
- Chitose in Dragalia Lost
- Daiki Tomii in Shounen Hollywood
- Dean Maistre (young) in Karakuri Circus
- Elta in Granblue Fantasy
- Fish's Eye in Sailor Moon Crystal
- Gaito Kurouzu in Future Card Buddyfight DDD
- Geordo Stuart in My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!
- Hideaki Toujou in Ace of the Diamond
- Hyde Jayer in Visual Prison
- Isaac Newton in Ikemen Vampire
- Itsuki Tachibana in Phantasy Star Online 2: The Animation
- Kaguya in Prince Kaguya
- Kaiser Insight in Princess Connect! Re:Dive
- Ken'ichi Yoshii in Devils' Line
- Kensuke Hibiki/Kagi-P in The Caligula Effect
- Kouya Ashihara in Exit Tunes Presents Actors
- Leibniz in the Blaster Master Zero Trilogy
- Lewis Carroll in Bungo to Alchemist
- Licht von Grannzreich in The Royal Tutor (and in the stage plays)
- Light Kurouzu in Future Card Buddyfight Ace
- Louis Kisaragi in King of Prism
- Makoto Tsukishiro in Joran: The Princess of Snow and Blood
- Melchior in The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki
- Michael in Rage of Bahamut: Genesis
- Michiru and Sai/Say in 100 Sleeping Princes and the Kingdom of Dreams
- Monet Tsukushi in Magic-kyun! Renaissance
- Ortho Shroud in Twisted Wonderland
- Pyotr in Carole & Tuesday
- Ranmaru Mori in Akanesasu Sekai de Kimi to Utau and Ikemen Sengoku
- Renren in First Love Monster
- Rui Minazuki in Tsukiuta (with producer Yuyoyuppe)
- Ryunnosuke Matsushita in You and Me
- Saki Hanajima in the theatre production of Fruits Basket
- Sakuya Shiomi (Male Protagonist) in Persona 3: The Weird Masquerade
- Subaru Sumeragi in Tokyo Babylon
- Touya Natsunagi in Prince of Stride Alternative
- Tsubasa Shindou in Marginal #4
- Wenet in Oh, Suddenly Egyptian God
- Yasuhiro Isshiki in Collar × Malice
- Yuuto Itou in Real Girl
Shouta Aoi provides examples of:
- I Have Many Names: Used to go by "Showta" when he made his professional debut, then by "Noboru Ryugaki" when going indie, and finally by "Shouta Aoi" in 2011.
- Stage Name: "Showta", "Noboru Ryugaki", and "Shouta Aoi" are all stage names.