Shouta Aoi (born August 10, 1987) is a singer, actor, and voice actor. As a performer, he's quite the popular person; affiliated with 2 different production companies for his activities (King Records for singing, and S Inc. for voice work). He's known for his light, feminine voice and features, which unsurprisingly earned him many roles as Bishounen young men, and in some cases a crosscast role as a girl (and an attractive one too). You'll often see him voicing characters in music-based shows or idol series because of his musical background.
Shouta Aoi first started his career as a singer after being a finalist in the Yamaha Teen Music Festival 2004. He debuted in 2006 under the Stage Name "Showta", but his singing career never took off. After leaving his label, he started releasing music independently under the name "Noboru Ryugaki." He started to gain prominence in the The New '10s through being in stage productions, but what snowballed his newfound popularity was his Star-Making Role in Uta No Princesama, leading him to have a Career Resurrection in music.
These days, he's one of the most popular voice actors of The New '10s and has even been nicknamed a "Great Angel" due to his soft voice.
He can also time travel.
Roles that this seiyuu is known for:
- Ai Mikaze in Uta No Princesama
- Asahi Ohtori in Band Yarouze!
- As Himself in Pop Team Epic (and by that, we mean in flesh and blood. While everything else is animated.)
- Cagliostro in Senki Zesshou Symphogear AXZ
- Daiki Tomii in Shounen Hollywood
- Elta in Granblue Fantasy
- Gaito Kurouzu in Future Card Buddyfight DDD
- Hideaki Toujou in Diamond no Ace
- Itsuki Tachibana in Phantasy Star Online 2: The Animation
- Ken'ichi Yoshii in Devils' Line
- Kensuke Hibiki/Kagi-P in The Caligula Effect
- Licht von Grannzreich in The Royal Tutor (and in the stage plays)
- Light Kurouzu in ''Future Card Buddyfight Ace"
- Louis Kisaragi in King of Prism
- Michael in Rage of Bahamut: Genesis
- Michiru and Sai/Say in 100 Sleeping Princes and the Kingdom of Dreams
- Monet Tsukushi in Magic-kyun! Renaissance
- Narumi Amagi in Dynamic Chord
- Pyotr in Carole & Tuesday
- Ranmaru Mori in Akanesasu Sekai de Kimi to Utau
- Rui Minazuki in Tsukiuta (with producer Yuyoyuppe)
- Ryunnosuke Matsushita in Kimi to Boku
- Saki Hanajima in the theater production of Fruits Basket
- Sakuya Shiomi (Male Protagonist) in Persona 3: The Weird Masquerade
- Shion Mikekado in DREAM!ing
- Shirayuki in TAISHO X ALICE
- Touya Natsunagi in Prince of Stride Alternative
- Tsubasa Shindou in Marginal #4
- Yuuto Itou in Real Girl
Tropes associated with Shouta Aoi:
- Bluebird of Happiness: His first album release under "Shouta Aoi" was titled Blue Bird and he chose the name based on the image of the bluebird of happiness.
- I Have Many Names: Used to go by "Showta" when he made his professional debut, then by "Noboru Ryugaki" when going indie, and finally by "Shouta Aoi" in 2011.
- Stage Name: "Showta", "Noboru Ryugaki", and "Shouta Aoi" are all stage names.