Theodore Scott Glenn (born January 26, 1941 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania), better known as Scott Glenn, is an American actor.
He is one of Hollywood's most respected and reliable character actors, and a frequent face in film, often popping up to play authority figures in law enforcement or in the military and The Mentor in some degree.
- 1975 Nashville as Private Glenn Kelly
- 1976 Fighting Mad as Charlie Hunter
- 1979 Apocalypse Now as Lieutenant Richard M. Colby
- 1980 Urban Cowboy as Wes
- 1983 The Right Stuff as Alan Shepard
- 1983 The Keep as Glaeken
- 1984 The River as Joe Wade
- 1984 Countdown to Looking Glass as Michael Boyle
- 1985 Silverado
- 1990 The Hunt for Red October as Commander Bart Mancuso
- 1991 The Silence of the Lambs as Jack Crawford
- 1991 Backdraft as John "Axe" Adcox
- 1996 Courage Under Fire as Gartner
- 1997 Absolute Power as Agent Bill Burton
- 1998 Firestorm (1998) as Wynt Perkins
- 1999 The Virgin Suicides as Father Moody
- 2000 Vertical Limit as Montgomery Wick
- 2001 Training Day as Roger
- 2001 Buffalo Soldiers as Sergeant Robert Lee
- 2007 Freedom Writers as Steve Gruwell
- The Bourne Series as Ezra Kramer
- 2008 W. as Donald Rumsfeld
- 2010 Secretariat as Chris Chenery
- 2011 Sucker Punch as the Wise Man / The General / The Bus Driver
- Cool Old Guy: Due to his iconic roles and his status as a veteran, not to mention how he comes across in interview.
- Enforced Method Acting:
- To research his role as Crawford for The Silence of the Lambs, Glenn met FBI criminal profiler John Douglas, who the character was based on. Douglas pulled what could at best be described as "a very dick move" by playing recordings of a teenaged girl being raped and tortured by serial killers Lawrence Bittaker and Roy Norris. The experience brought Glenn to tears and caused him to swear off the other Hannibal Lecter movies.
- A more positive aspect of this would be his preparation for the role of Commander Mancuso in The Hunt for Red October. He was invited by the Navy to shadow a real Los Angeles-class submarine captain, and the subs crew were instructed to treat him as the skipper while he was on board.
- Semper Fi: He served in the United States Marine Corps.