A comic miniseries based on the Halloween movies by Devil's Due Publishing.
Lisa, a girl on the verge of adulthood with a traumatic past, finds herself in the middle of a sinister plot by the famed killer Michael Myers.
Halloween Nightdance provides examples of:
- Abandoned Area: The old Bowles place, an abandoned shack in the woods of Russelville where Lisa first met Michael, and which is his current hideout.
- Big Bad: Michael Myers, the mid-west bogeyman who is out to finish the job that he started two years ago.
- Buried Alive: In the end Michael manages to catch Lisa, and she ends up in a coffin buried underground.
- Downer Ending: Lisa and most of the secondary characters end up dead, and Michael gets away scot-free.
- Fingore: Michael has left razors behind a certain door handle in a case if someone would try open it. Which of course happens, with bleeding fingers as a result.
- Frameup: Implied. Cops arrive on the scene of the climax and shoot Ryan on the spot, as Michael has put one of his masks on him.
- Growing Up Sucks: Discussed between Lisa and Sean after she recounts how she became afraid of the dark, equating the event to as the death of her childhood.
- Horror Doesn't Settle for Simple Tuesday: It wouldn't be Halloween without actual Halloween.
- Knife Nut: As usual, Michael prefers to use a kitchen knife.
- Malevolent Masked Man: Unsurprisingly Michael still wears his iconic white mask and he's still the usual homicidal monster he's always been.
- My Greatest Failure: For Lisa, it was when a little boy she once babysat wandered off when she wasn't paying attention and ended up getting hurt.
- Neck Lift:
- Michael lifts Nikki by her throat as he is strangling her to unconsciousness.
- When Michael terrorizes Lisa as she's having a shower, Sean tries to run upstairs to her rescue, only to get grabbed by the throat and thrown back downstairs.
- Neck Snap: As Lisa recounts her most traumatic experience to Sean, she mentions that one of the search dogs looking for her had its neck snapped.
- Nightmare Fuel Coloring Book: Daniel, the boy Lisa used to babysit, sends her crayon drawings from time to time. But lately they've become more disturbing, depicting subjects such as nudity and gore. It's actually Michael that's sending these pictures - he killed Daniel and his entire family long ago and is trying to lure Lisa to him.
- Pinned to the Wall: One victim is discovered pinned above a fireplace, with his legs roasting on the fire.
- Rage Against the Reflection: As Michael spies on the protagonists from a house of mirrors at the fair, he starts seeing images from his past in the reflections and stabs one of the mirrors in retaliation.
- Shovel Strike: After Sean runs after Michael, he gets surprised with two shovel-hits to the back of his head, followed by a third one which kills him.
- Shower Scene: Michael creeps on Lisa as she's having a shower, and freaks her out by throwing her gutted cat in there with her, and turning off the lights.
- Slashed Throat: When the family that Daniel is part of is finally discovered, he and his parents have been long dead by having their throats slit.
- Tongue Trauma: To ensure that Ryan cannot speak to the police that are bound to arrive, Michael cuts off his tongue before putting a copy of his mask on him.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Because she got trapped in a dark cellar for two days with a badly injured kid that she was supposed to be watching, Lisa now has an extreme fear of the dark. Which makes her ultimate fate all the worse.
- Would Hurt a Child: Michael ends up slashing Daniel's throat.