open/close all folders
Alexandra Louise "Alex" Mack | (Actor: Larisa Oleynik)The titular character, a seemingly-average teenage girl who gains superpowers in a chemical accident on her first day of junior high school.
- Blessed with Suck: Alex's powers are very unstable. Various chemicals and accidents have caused her body to react with all kinds of detrimental effects. Plus, she glows when she's under emotional stress (which is often since she's a teen).
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Alex drinks a milkshake that Vince snuck a GC-161-reactive chemical into, which causes her to act like Vince and become super-nasty.
- Evil Twin: Alex gets one when another such chemical hits her. Evil Alex comes very close to killing her good self twice, first by trapping her in a demolition zone that's about to explode, and then by sealing her up in the kitchen plumbing while morphed so that she gets crushed on reforming.
- Power Incontinence: Mainly when she is sick or affected by chemicals.
- Extraordinarily Empowered Girl
- Light 'em Up / Shock and Awe: Alex can create balls or streams of energy, mostly light and electricity. This is probably some type of electromagnetism. She can also create a type of static cling that paralyzes people temporarily or opens electromagnetic locks
- Luminescent Blush: Not really a power, but her face or body turns solid yellow when she is embarrassed.
- Mind over Matter
- Shapeshifting: Alex can turn into a mercury-like puddle. She can use this to slide in cracks and enter plumbing.
- Slime Girl: Part-time anyway, due to her shapeshifting talent.
- Tomboy: A girly-girl, she is not.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Most of the time.
Raymond Filbert "Ray" Alvarado | (Actor: Darris Love)Alex's closest friend whom she trusts with every secret... including that of her powers.
Annie Mack | (Actor: Meredith Bishop)Alex's older sister, an incredible genius for her age and the only other person Alex trusts with the secret of her powers.
Friends and family
George Mack | (Actor: Michael Blakley)Alex's father, a brilliant chemist who works for Danielle Atron at the chemical plant.
- Absent-Minded Professor: He may be an incredible scientist, but common sense as a father is not something he's good at.
Barbara Mack | (Actor: Dorian Lopinto)Alex's mother, who has a lot more in the ways of common sense. She works for Danielle in Public Relations but later quits the job and returns to college..
- "Freaky Friday" Flip: One of Alex's dreams has her imagining that she and Barbara have switched bodies. Having to relive the teenager life is tough enough for Barbara, but add having Alex's powers to it and it becomes disaster.
Robyn Russo | (Actor: Natanya Ross)One of Alex's friends, a generally-mopey girl who can't help but see the worst in every situation.
- Alliterative Name
- The Cynic: This is her in spades.
- Deadpan Snarker: Robyn does quite a bit of this.
Nicole Wilson | (Actor: Alexis Fields)One of Alex's friends, known for being very outspoken against injustices of all kinds.
- Fan of Underdog: If there's something to protest over, Nicole's all over it.
- Put on a Bus: Nicole is nowhere in sight in Season 4.
Louis Driscoll | (Actor: Benjamin Kimball Smith)First appearing in Season 2, Louis is one of Alex's friends, though this friendship is frequently strained due to his inability to keep his big mouth shut.
- Secret Keeper: Briefly in the series finale when he catches Alex morphing, but when the chemical plant taps his phone and determine that he knows who she is, they torture him into telling and triggers a chain-reaction of events that brings Alex's world crumbling down.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Humility is not something Louis is good at.
Hunter Reeves | (Actor: Will Estes)Appearing in Season 4, Hunter comes to Paradise Valley with a mysterious agenda. When it leads him to Alex, Hunter becomes her new confidant and eventually a love interest.
- Secret Keeper: Alex trusts him with her secret as their relationship grows.
- You Killed My Father: Hunter's father was a scientist at the chemical plant who tried to expose Danielle Atron's illegal research to the authorities. He later vanished without a trace, and Hunter is obsessed with revenge on Danielle for it and seeks to expose her for what she really is and bring her to justice.
Danielle Atron | (Actor: Louan Gideon)The greedy and vicious CEO of the Paradise Valley Chemical Plant, Danielle has invested much into the GC-161 project and does not want loose ends like Alex Mack running free. To this end, she wants Alex identified, experimented on, and eventually disposed of.
- Aborted Arc: In a Halloween-themed episode, Alex sneaks into an abandoned house and encounters a ghost who talks about how her granddaughter left her. It is later revealed to the audience that the house and the ghost are of the Atron family. This is never brought up again.
- Big Bad
- Child Hater
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Duh.
- Evil Nephew: Carlton Hendy, a one-off character in Season 1.
- Evil Overlord: Danielle essentially controls everything in Paradise Valley.
- Have You Come to Gloat?: Danielle gets a chance to do this with Alex in the series finale.
- The Bad Guy Wins: In one episode, Alex dreams of a world where she was never born. As a result, Danielle has taken over everything in Paradise Valley, is running for Governor, and is developing her GC-161 project to great success... by using Alex's mother (who got hit with the chemical in Alex's place) as the test subject.
- The Sociopath: She apparently has no qualms about doing inhumane (and possibly fatal) experiments on an innocent kid just to find out more about how GC-161 works. At the end she plans to mass produce and sell GC-161 to people despite knowing full well it could be dangerous.
- Villain with Good Publicity: Danielle knows how to work PR to her favor.
Vince Carter | (Actor: John Marzilli)Chief of security in the Paradise Valley Chemical Plant and Danielle Atron's top man. He is placed in charge of identifying and capturing Alex, though his efforts prove useless. He is later fired in Season 3 and continues his pursuit of Alex in hopes of convincing Danielle to rehire him.
- Freudian Excuse: An early episode in season 1 implies he was bullied as a child, which may or may not have had a hand in him becoming the sociopathic jerk he is in the present.
- Jaded Washout: Getting fired ends up costing Vince a lot of his former reputation, and his efforts to catch Alex get more ridiculous in response.
- Jerkass: Doesn't conceal this trait as good as his boss does and regularly belittles Dave for his (admittedly eye-rolling) stupidity.
- The Dragon: Danielle's number-two man whose obsession to capture Alex continues long after he's fired for repeated failures.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: His last appearance is midway through season 4. Nothing is said as to his whereabouts for the rest of the series.
David Watt | (Actor: John Nielsen)A truck driver and employee of the chemical plant, Dave is not smart by any means. He was the one who drove the truck that crashed and spilled GC-161 on Alex, but his poor(?) memory makes him unable to remember what she looked like. Dave is often stuck working with Vince in his schemes to capture Alex.
- Harmless Villain: Dave isn't evil or even mean. He's just trying to do his job without getting fired... or worse. Alex and Ray even befriend him on occasions when he's not on the clock.
- HeelFace Turn: After realizing that Alex is the girl from the accident in Season 3, Dave spends the rest of the series faking ignorance to protect Alex and leak classified info on Danielle to others.
- The Millstone: Even when he's not directly getting in the way of Vince's plans, he'll always find a way to hinder their search for Alex.
- Secret Secret-Keeper: See above.
- Token Good Teammate: Is seemingly the only guy working at the plant that isn't a sociopath or a jerk.
Lars Fredrickson | (Actor: Kevin Quigley)A chemist from Vienna who arrives in Paradise Valley during Season 3.
- The Dragon: After Vince gets fired, Lars takes up the role of Danielle's top aide in his place.