- Billing Displacement: A young Jessica Alba appeared in three episodes... yet still got mentioned on the DVD cover... twice.
- The Danza: Jessica Alba as Jessica.
- Enforced Method Acting: In the scene of the pilot in which Alex ended up embarrassingly nude under some boxes, Oleynik was butt naked for real, only wearing a towel over the portion of her body that remained obscured by the atrezzo. Given that only her head and shoulders were visible, and thus she could have remained mostly clothed without ruining the shot, it seems to have been a case of this trope. (Oleynik was 12 at the time and speaks of it as a very embarrassing experience.)
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Rescued. The first season was released on DVD in 2007, but due to presumably low sales never continued beyond said season and went out of print, done in by its distributor, Genius Entertainment, being folded into Vivendi Entertainment. In 2017, Mill Creek Entertainment announced they will release the complete series on DVD.
- Retroactive Recognition: Jessica Alba as a rival to Alex for one of her crushes. Also Larissa Oleynik, who was really popular in the late 90's and early 2000's and still has somewhat of a career.
- What Could Have Been:
- The original idea was for the show to be called "High Voltage" and to star a boy with special powers. However, when the series was pitched to Nickelodeon, it was decided that the main character should be a girl. And, thus, the idea was retooled into The Secret World Of Alex Mack.
- It should come as no surprise that the decision to make the lead character a girl came at the same time that Nickelodeon was ending the network's most popular female-lead series Clarissa Explains It All.
- According to an interview with Oleynik, Alex's powers were tweaked so her clothes would morph along with her because Larissa was embarrassed to shoot unclothed scenes (she only did one in the pilot, in which she appears nude behind some boxes after morphing into liquid state).
Trivia / The Secret World of Alex Mack