The characters from Natsu e no Tobira
- Played by: Yuu Mizushima
- Break the Cutie: The world seems to conspire to break this Pretty Boy towards the end. It almost goes into Kill the Cutie.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: And HOLY SHIT, he does.
- Four-Philosophy Ensemble: Outta the four school boys, Marion is The Cynic (snarky, skeptical, book smart, has quite the disregard for social rules if needed, is proud of being "rational"). He becomes The Conflicted as time passes and he painfully discovers that Love Hurts...
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Flawed as he is, he does have a good heart plus the blond hair to match.
- Hates Being Touched: Doesn't seem to like any close physical contact until his night with Sara.
- Likes Older Women: He's completely head over heels with the much older Sara, probably because he doesn't have a good relationship with his own mother.
- Played by: Tohru Furuya
- Country Mouse: The only of the four kids to be from a small town.
- Four-Philosophy Ensemble: Outta the four school boys, Jacques is The Optimist (Hot-Blooded, emotional, stubborn, fierce)
- Hidden Depths: As the son of a carpenter, he's implied to be a pretty good woodworker.
- Hot-Blooded: Very emotional and impulsive, with sideburns to match
- Those Two Guys: He and Lind watch over Marion and comment on his actions.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Gives a fierce one to Lind, after Claude's death and learning that Lind was a False Friend to Marion.
- Youthful Freckles: The only one of the group to have those, as a symbol of his impulsive personality.
- Played by: Toshio Furukawa
- Adaptation Dye-Job: Light-haired in the manga, dark-haired in the anime.
- City Mouse: He's said to be from Paris itself. After tragedy hits the group, he returns there.
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: Not only he has dark hair in the OAV's, but he's very pale and has slightly creepy looks.
- Fatal Flaw: Envy. He was so determined to be atop of everything and so mad to have Marion surpass him, that he was willing to sell him out so he could be Number 1.
- Four-Philosophy Ensemble: Outta the four school boys, Lind is The Realist (calm, keeps the more emotional Jacques in check, rarely drops his facade)
- Out-Gambitted: In regards to his plan to get Marion kicked out of school in shame. Not only the Count doesn't rat Marion out and isn't even that upset at his wife's tryst with the boy, but in the anime it's shown that Claude told Jacques everything and that's one of Jacques' reasons to turn against him.
- Those Two Guys: He and Jacques watch over Marion and comment on his actions.
- Played by: Yūji Mitsuya
- Cute Bookworm: A nice-looking boy who is also a very talented artist and has quite the knowledge of general culture deals.
- Drugs Are Bad: Right before the disastrous deal with his Anguished Declaration of Love, Marion sees him drop a flask with pills...
- Four-Philosophy Ensemble: Outta the four school boys, Claude is The Apathetic (mysterious, quiet, not very eager to get into drama). Actually The Conflicted, since his love for Marion pretty much shatters him from head to toe.
- Internalized Categorism: Claude's self-loathing goes from simple Heroic Self-Deprecation to this, because of his homosexuality and Unrequited Love for Marion. It's all but stated that even if Marion hadn't rejected him, he would've been Driven to Suicide anyway.
- Not So Different: Marion says that Claude and him were both young boys who were terrified of love and didn't know what to do with it.
- The Reveal: That he's painfully, obsessively in love with Marion.
- Shipping Torpedo: Out of Marion's group, Claude is the one who opposes the most to Marion's affair with Sara and even calls her a prostitute. That's because he loves Marion and is both conflicted and jealous.
- Unrequited Tragic Maiden: A Rare Male Example, to Marion. Not only he loathes himself for his feelings, but he doesn't take his friend's rejection well. At all.
- Played by: Keiko Han
- Break the Cutie: This quite, sweet young girl witnesses all the shit that happens in the story and is very broken over it.
- Head-Turning Beauty: Her beauty makes her very popular with men, which she hates.
- Light Feminine and Dark Feminine: The Light side, as she looks chaste and gentle and dresses conservatively.
- The Ojou: The daughter of the local mayor, and quite the example of the Proper Lady type since she's cute, nice and said to be very friendly.
- Woman in White: To make her "purity" more obvious, she's seen often dressed in white.
- Unrequited Tragic Maiden: She has held a "childlike" love for Marion ever since they met, and it doesn't go anywhere since Marion simply doesn't like her that way.
- Played by: Reiko Mutou
- Broken Bird: The manga strongly implies that she's quite worn-out by life and highly dissillusioned by love in general.
- Light Feminine and Dark Feminine: The Dark side, as she's a worldly and beautiful older woman and teases Marion quite a bit at first. Plus she's at times called "the prostitute"
- Mrs. Robinson: Marion is as much 15, she's implied to be in her 30's at least. And she not only takes his virginity, but keeps him as her lover for a short time.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: She's a very pretty lady with dark hair, ruby red lips and very pale skin.
- You Can't Fight Fate: She was always aware of how her and Marion's affair would be short-lived and her train of thoughts after the Count's arrival confirms this.
The Count of Cluny
- Played by: Hidekatsu Shibata
- The Faceless: In the anime, oddly. His face is clearly seen in the manga, but the OAV tends to hide his looks.
- High-Class Glass: Wears one of these, symbolizing his status as a nobleman.
- MayDecember Romance: Implied, as his wife Sara is looks quite younger than he does.
- My Girl Is a Slut: In a way. When he confronts Sara about her cheating on him with Marion and she admits it, he doesn't really look angry or surprised and even says "well, that's something you would do...". The anime reinforces this by having Lind go "Oh, Crap!" when he sees this (since he realizes that his plan against Marion won't work) and then having a shot of them sharing a kiss when at home.